Ballad of the Samurai II: Requiem - Cover

Ballad of the Samurai II: Requiem

Copyright© 2008 by Chaos Samurai

Chapter 2: Somewhere I Belong pt. II

The Dragon King had returned.

He stood on seared ground from where his lightning had struck. A feint gust of wind blew his Cortex jacket around his feet, slightly scrapping the seared ground even more. Although he had his Cortex Armor on, he was sword less.

As Supersol 001 held his gun leveled at his targets, this unknown entity stood in his way.

"Stand aside! This is official government business." He yelled.

Arrian's eye twitched when he heard that, 'Government business?'

Supersol fired one quick shot at Arrian's feet. Arrian didn't flinch, as he watched the bullet leave the gun barrel and make its way into the ground in front of his feet.

Raising his eyes back to Supersol 001 he heard the man speak again, "That's your only warning, next shot goes through you!" it brought a slight smirk to his face.

Arrian raised one hand and while shaking his index finger said, "I don't think so."

Supersol 001 opened fire on Arrian only to watch as bullet after bullet stop inches from his body and then fall to the ground.

Seeing his weapons useless, he decided to use his abilities engulfing his right hand in flames.

"Impressive. Most Impressive, but you are not an Elemental yet."


"Sir, we are nearing the range of the failsafe. One we are there, you activate the switch and we will be able to move in and collect the bodies."

Col. Rhodes was anxious they needed to fix this yesterday, not today. If civilian lives were harmed because of his project, he could kiss any military funding good-bye for life. Why did one fucking project prototype have to ruin his success?

"What's the status of the entire squad?"

"Well sir, they are disabled at the moment; our guess would be they are offline, from massive damage or overuse of their abilities."


Arrian held a struggling Supersol 001 by the throat.

"Who sent you?" He asked.

Supersol 001 just struggled harder.

"If you won't talk now, maybe you will after some persuasion?" With that Arrian sent a considerable charge of electricity through his hand and into Supersol 001.

A grunt and the modified soldier was completely limp. Pushing the limp body back he watched as it fell backwards and waited for the 'thud' to announce Supersol 001 was in fact leveled with the ground.

Arrian kneeled and placed one hand on the ground.

Open for me.

The ground beneath Supersol 001 opened as he fell into the dirt composed tomb.

Keep him there; I will speak with him later. Bind his abilities.

<There must be blood for a binding>

I will provide it.

<Very well Sire, it shall be as you have said. Sire?>

Yeah?

<Welcome back.>

Thanks.

Arrian asked himself why speaking with the Elements was so energy consuming as he watched the ground close and returned to its former state.

"Who are you?" He heard a small voice ask from behind him.

His body jerked slightly, his palms became sweaty and his knees were wobbly. Two years.


"We will be within range in approximately four minutes sir."

"When we are within range activate the fail safe, as soon as we are within range. If you ask me for authorization I will shoot you myself. Understand?" Col. Rhodes asked.

"Sir, yes sir!"

Rhodes hoped that they could quietly and smoothly get the project and back into the lab.


"Who are you?" came Sarah's tiny voice again.

When his body wouldn't respond, he cursed himself. He wanted nothing more that to turn and say 'It's me, I'm Home!' but for whatever reason he simply could not move.

The family went to help Larelle out of her predicament, and as they approached her, Sarah moved towards the stranger.

Sarah felt strange; she felt connected to the stranger something that hadn't happened since her Daddy.

She walked over to the stranger until she stood directly in front of him with his back towards her family.

As she raised her vision her eyes scanned the clothes he was wearing, which were similar to her ... well better not to think about him lest she feel sad. His hair came into view, long and straight, just like ... no not relevant now.

His eyes were closed, and they slowly began to open.

She gasped.

She was starring at cross slitted red eyes.

Her Daddies Eyes!

"Daddy!" She squealed.

Without waiting she jumped into his arms which automatically wrapped around her and held her tight.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.