Gold
Chapter 30

Copyright© 2008 by Bigzeke

Action/Adventure Sex Story: Chapter 30 - Bob was given a gold mine, he made good friends but would that he enough to survive the pandemic and the ensuing chaos?

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Post Apocalypse   Polygamy/Polyamory   Oriental Female  

Saturday: Lee, Su and I went fishing. Both women wanted to catch some grayling, to pickle. We caught quite a few before we ate our picnic lunch. We were just about to climb into the riverboat, when I received a call on the radio. Vivian said it was important that I return to the camp immediately and when I questioned this, she stated the line was not secure, but my presence was required. I told her we would be back in 30 minutes.

About 10 minutes from camp, I saw two of our people with rifles alongside the river, which was somewhat unusual. I stopped and asked what was going on. I was told that we had received a radio call requesting I contact Anchorage as soon as possible. Art had put the whole camp on alert, as a precaution, after noting two fighters flying overhead.

When we arrived in camp, we were met by Art, Bill and Jacob. Jacob explained Vivian had taken the radio call from a General Jake Jackson, who had requested to talk with me. When I wasn't available, he had requested I call him either by radio or satellite phone.

Talk about feeling a little stupid, I had not thought to use the satellite phone since the plague had hit the camp. Vivian had the number so I called the General as soon as our council was assembled and I had a cup of coffee. I was surprised when the General answered the phone himself.

"This is General Jackson."

"Hello, this is Bob Wagner returning your call."

"I have been waiting for your call. Would you please call me Jake?"

Talk about weird! This was taking the cake!

"General, would you please tell me why you are honoring me with this phone call."

"We have been monitoring your activities in the camp for some time, and would like to talk to you about the future of the Alaska and the United States."

"General, would it be okay if I put you on the speakerphone so the Camp Council could hear what you have to say?"

"No, I don't mind, but most of this, just concerns you."

I signaled for the speaker phone and then said, "General you are now on the speaker phone. How could the future of the Alaska and the United States just concern me?

"For one thing you have enforced the law in Fairbanks from the reports we have received."

"If we did it was purely by accident. We never went looking for trouble or a fight."

"That is what I am talking about. You started with a small group and took steps to ensure its safety. In so doing, you attracted quite a few people to your camp. In addition, you put an end to at least two and maybe three gangs, we know about."

"General, we have never taken on a gang that I know of."

"Apparently, you used a chopper to eliminate a gang at North Pole by killing off its leaders. From our intelligence, we know you allowed two gangs to fight it out, in front of Sam's, before you took out the so called winners, again with the use of a chopper. We also have reports of a running gun battle, where the gang chasing someone ran into an ambush, which eliminated them as a factor in that part of Fairbanks."

"General, the decision to do that was not governed by desire to control, but desire to survive. Leaving someone alive, who has shown a propensity for violence, to attack you later, is just plain stupid in my book."

"Do not take me wrong. We are not placing blame, but as big as Alaska is, we need to set up a government within the state and would like you to do it."

There was a collective gasp within the room. As I looked around, I noticed more people had entered and were listening to our conversation. "General, I can positively state you have taken me and the people in this room by surprise."

Before I could continue, the General said, "Would you please call me Jake. Could you introduce me to the rest of the people in the room?"

I will let them introduce themselves if they would like to speak with you.

"General, this is Vivian Walker and I run the communication room here."

"Nice to meet you Vivian, and it is great to note the radar is still up and running."

"General, this is State Trooper Jacob Walker."

"I assume Vivian is your mother. Would you consider being the head of the State Police?"

"Why me? Sir"

"You are the first State Trooper we have found so far, and you have the trust of Bob too."

"I will give it some thought. Sir."

"General, I am Bill Grooms and I am a pilot for the State Police."

"Nice to meet you, Bill. Are you qualified in fix wing only?"

"No sir, fixed and rotary aircraft."

"That's right! You flew Medivac choppers in Viet Nam."

Before Bill could answer, Roy spoke up and said, "General, this is Roy Ferguson, I fly a chopper for the camp."

"Roy, you were a Major who served two tours in Viet Nam, before retiring. Am I right?"

"Yes Sir! But how do you know all of this." asked Roy.

"Our satellites have not been hurt by the plague. We know the growth of the camp and the number of planes, choppers and boats you have available. I repeat, we are not interested in fighting you, but in having you aid us in the governing of Alaska."

I asked "General, I will admit you have access to some top notch intelligence, but how do WE know you are who you say you are? And you are, in fact, representing the government?."

"That is a very hard question to answer. First off, I was a major who happened to survive the plague. There is a government still working out of Washington DC and we currently have representatives from 46 states.

California and Texas have refused to rejoin the Union. Alaska and Hawaii are just now in the process of being contacted. So far, only two Senators from each state are in Washington as representatives, and have started reviewing the laws with an eye towards streamlining them, while protecting the individual's rights over that of corporate ownership and bureaucracy. I have video feeds and the ability to let you talk to whomever you choose, but other than that, what proof could I offer?"

Roy asked, "What about individuals who were serving in the military before the plague?"

"We request they return. Those that have chosen to, will find it much easier to make rank, because of the shortage of manpower. On the other hand, those who have chosen not to return, have had their service record reviewed and were given an honorable discharge if deserved. Please understand, retirement went out with the plague."

"Good afternoon General Jackson, I am Air Force Captain Joyce Morgan. What can we expect to happen about the appropriation of supplies and material?"

"How many service personnel are currently in your camp?"

"General, allow us to keep some information private for now, but Captain Morgan does raise a very valid question." I said.

"I assume you are referring to the Pave Hawk and Skycrane?"

"That is not the only material we have appropriated in our efforts to survive and remain healthy." I said.

"The policy is, if the material was not taken from its original owner under duress, nothing has been done. In the case where it was taken by intimidation or under threat of violence, the individual has been arrested and brought to trial. From all the information we have been able to gather, this has never been the case for you or your people." said the General.

"Okay, I think that answers our first set of concerns. How do we proceed?" I asked.

"I think asking you and your people to come to Anchorage wouldn't be acceptable for several reasons, therefore I am willing to come to you in an unarmed chopper. That would consist of two pilots, a communication expert, and me. Would this be acceptable?"

"I think that would be acceptable. Could you make it by tomorrow afternoon?"

"Yes, I think that we can do that."

"Good. I would like you to follow the Dalton Highway up towards Coldfoot, then turn west over Bettles Field, then on to our camp."

"Can we expect trouble from either of those two places?"

"No, the population of both places were being held hostage, when they tried to mess with us. We freed the hostages and they now live with us." I explained.

"Well, that is one we did not know about. I will try to be there about 2 PM tomorrow. Will you have a place we can sleep, if we decide to stay?"

"That is not a problem, if that decision is mutually agreed upon."

"That fine. I look forward to meeting you all tomorrow afternoon. Thank you for taking the time to talk with me."

Now the discussions started. First we decided to stay on alert and keep extra guards posted throughout the night. We decided that most of the inhabitants of the camp would be missing during the General's visit. Next, we decided whatever else came out of the meeting we would try and get a written pardon for all of our people from the government, for all crimes we may have committed since the plague.

We finally went to bed about midnight. I was having problems convincing my wives to make themselves scarce the next day, by going fishing or hiking. Not one of the five was agreeable to this idea. I think, Mindy and Mandy, because they felt if the others were not going into hiding, then they did not need to either. At any rate I got about two to three hours sleep after a strenuous work out. Su was the surprise. She seemed upset and I ended up cuddling with her when we did sleep.

Sunday: I woke up early; feeling like someone was staring at me. I was right. Su was staring at me and had tears leaking from her eyes. I asked her, "What's wrong?"

"I don't want to lose you like my first husband!" stated Su.

"I'm not planning on going anywhere and never without my wives. Please tell me about your first husband?"

"We lived in Guangzhou, China. Zhou was a writer and wrote articles suggesting the rest of China, should be treated the same as Hong Kong. After several articles, he was told to stop writing about that subject. Three days later, at midnight, the army broke into our apartment, smashed everything and took Zhou away. Some of our friends hid Zhan and me, until we could be smuggled into Hong Kong, and from there to Taiwan. I was able to use Zhou's death to gain a visa to the United States. With the help of some friends in Taiwan and in Fairbanks, we were able to come here. We have lived in Fairbanks about three years before the plague came."

"Su, as we said last night, if the military wanted us dead, they would just bomb us out of existence. Even if they did not get us all, none of us would make it through the winter. As for walking out, yes, that could be done. If we survived the trek out, what trouble would we be to them, at that point?"

"What if they just want you dead?"

"They have no reason to kill me. I have done nothing to cause them to want me dead, and have no plans to do so in the future. The opposite seems to be the case if they are to be believed."

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.