Gold - Cover

Gold

Copyright© 2008 by Bigzeke

Chapter 22

Action/Adventure Sex Story: Chapter 22 - Bob was given a gold mine, he made good friends but would that he enough to survive the pandemic and the ensuing chaos?

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Post Apocalypse   Polygamy/Polyamory   Oriental Female  

Saturday — Continued: The next hour was spent getting the snowmobiles down. Then we drove the tractor to the well house and disconnected the hauler with the food, from the tractor. This way, it was easy to get to, but out of everybody's way.

I then pulled the remaining hauler to the cabin, where we unloaded the bed, the packages from shopping and the Lee's personal belongings. Sul had previously cleared the snow from in front of the front door, so we took everything through there, as fast as we could. The temperature outside was a warm -20oF and I think it took two hours for the cabin to heat up after the door was closed again. Of course everything we brought in, radiated cold and that didn't help. I then drove the tractor to Art's and Rob's and unloaded their purchases at their respective cabins. I noticed they took everything in through the tunnel. I dropped the now empty hauler, next to the other one and pulled the tractor itself into the hanger. There was a little grumbling about having to open the hanger doors from the inhabitants. I rode a snowmobile to the cabin, connected it to power, and covered it with a heavy tarp.

Once things settled down, I was able to catch up on the news from the last couple of days. Bill and Roy had dropped our people off and returned to Fairbanks immediately, to avoid a quick moving cold front that came through and caught us during the trip back. While central Alaska dealt with the weather, a new outbreak of a plaque, similar to that used during the war, broke out in both Russia and China. According to reports no one knew what it was, how to cure it, how to prevent its spread, or even how it spread. It was proving to be highly contagious and very deadly.

International travel from China and Russia had been suspended indefinitely, during the second day of our return trip. Now there were unconfirmed reports from Eastern Europe and the India of the plague. The president was scheduled to make a statement Wednesday evening.

On the home front, this had Aunt Lee and Nukka working feverishly. They had decided everyone would take a half cup of special tea as a preventative. I don't know what is in that half cup, but I will tell you the best way to drink it, is let it cool and then just drink it down so you only have to taste it once. My mother used to say, "If it doesn't kill you, then it must be good for you." when she wanted me to take medicine that tasted vile.

I just took it to please Lee and Aunt Lee. Uncle Lee said, "I have not been sick since we married, and I always drink what she gives me." Later when we were alone he added "Some of what she has given me tastes bad, but not as bad as this."

The list of people taking the tea was rather short: Aunt and Uncle Lee, Art and Nukka, Trooper Jacob and his mother, Vivian, which was a surprise to me. Of course Jenn, Lee and I were also part of that list. Art Sr. and Tommy both are reported to have said "It will be a blessing if the plague kills me. I have already lived a long life." after they tasted the tea. Sul just flat refused to even discuss it after the first taste.

Wednesday: The president's address was simple; please continue with your daily lives. He had ordered the shut down all international flights until the plague ended. He ended his speech by saying, "Our best people are working on it."

Right then, I should have known we were in a world of hurt, just because of all the red tape that would be involved even if they found a cure. Over the next two weeks, the plague had move westward in Europe to Poland. It had decimated the Middle East and was reported to be in Australia as well as New Zealand. Africa had unconfirmed reports of the plague as of last night.

Wednesday — a week later: So far the only continents not affect were South and North America but there were unconfirmed reports of the plague in Cuba and the Jamaica, so I figured it was just a matter of time until it reach the United States. I talked to my Dad and he said, "Even if the planes had not been grounded, there were no tickets to be had." Then he said, "I-95 is bumper to bumper, with the people trying to get out of Florida because they think that is where the plague will arrive first."

"According to article I read on line at CNN about flu, it has determined that California is most likely the first place it will appear 8 or 9 times out of 10. The same report indicated that children were not the main carriers of the flu but their parents who went to work daily." I explained to my Dad and he had some comment about that probably being true since those nuts would embrace anything. Dad has never liked California and I think it has to do with his Army days at Ft. Ord but he has never really said so one way or another.

Tuesday (mid December) - a week later: Within the following week, the plague did enter the United States. Cases were reported in New York City and San Francisco on the same day. A week later, not only had all air travel within the country stopped but all the borders between the states were closed. Civil unrest and chaos were the word of the day. Most governors had called out the National Guard Units to help restore calm when the Federal government took over command of them. It did little good because less than 50% of the men reported for duty and shortly there were so many sick soldiers that those who were well enough to work were taking care of the dead or dying.

We noted that as the week went on, we heard less and less news about the world and shortly radio and TV stations were dropping off the air, with a canned broadcast telling us to tune in to a specified civil defense network.

Tuesday - two weeks later: Christmas was a great day and I hoped would start a tradition in the mining camp. Christmas Eve, we all gathered for a drink at the hanger to celebrate with everyone. Before we left for the cabin, we agreed to meet at Art's Cabin for breakfast.

Nukka had a great breakfast waiting for us when we arrived bearing our gifts for them. Art and Rob had gone for their Dad, Annie, Tommy, Vivian and Sul earlier. After breakfast and the gifts were opened, then we had more coffee and talked. About 11 we started the migration to Rob's cabin.

It took about an hour for everybody to get the appropriate gift and make it back to Rob's cabin. Mary and Rob were given their gifts and then we had lunch. After lunch the gifts were opened and we lay around for a bit. About 3PM, I ferried Jenn and Lee home, returning for the Lee's. On the way back, I had past Art and Rob taking their family back to pick up gifts before going to our cabin. I picked up the Lee's and headed for the cabin.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.