Gold - Cover

Gold

Copyright© 2008 by Bigzeke

Chapter 4

Action/Adventure Sex Story: Chapter 4 - Bob was given a gold mine, he made good friends but would that he enough to survive the pandemic and the ensuing chaos?

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Post Apocalypse   Polygamy/Polyamory   Oriental Female  

The next two weeks were a blur. Tommy and his friends made nine trips to the mine site that Monday, getting us all there. The first order of business on the north side of the river, was to get the gold mine in operation so that sand and gravel would be available for future building. Six men took over this activity and had it up and working within a half hour of our arrival. The rest of the men and the wives built a tent city on the south side of the river, below and east of were Art wanted to build his house.

Wednesday: Art took the bulldozer and cleared and leveled the building sites for the two Quonset huts that were to be arriving. Then they started to dig the foundations. I was surprised when they ran the dirt and gravel removed for the footing, through the separation process. When I questioned this, Art explained we needed the larger rock for the river and the sand for the concrete. Very little gold was recovered during this time, which also helped us to know where not to mine in the future.

Friday: A larger chopper airlifted in the small concrete plant. In all, it took four trips and was set up on the north side of the river, east of the mine, before nightfall. A fifth trip brought in a small diesel powered mini-dumper that they referred to as a hopper, which would be used to transport the building material.

Saturday: By mid-morning the diesel-powered concrete plant was up and running. The men poured the footing and slabs for the two Quonset huts, which were scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday. At that point, I decided my main purpose or job was just to stay out of everybody's way. During the mixing and pouring of the concrete, the mine had been shut down, since the equipment was in use.

Sunday: Rob called on the radio to say that he had found a larger Quonset hut, that also had five fuel oil furnace systems (included the storage tanks, vent pipes and required piping) stored in it. The hut had been abandoned and would I like it and the furnaces. I told him it would be nice to have enough furnaces to heat the Quonset huts but I didn't know why I would need the rest. Rob then explained the furnace systems came with the larger Quonset hut and it was an all or nothing deal. Rob also mentioned that the hut was big enough to house a several vehicles and at least three airplanes at the same time. I asked him to hold on while I found Tommy.

I gave the mike to Tommy saying, "Rob says he has found a Quonset hut large enough to house your plane. If you feel it would be useful to have here after you talk with Rob, have him bring it." Tommy and Rob spent the next half-hour on the radio. They ended by agreeing to bring the furnaces and hut. Then Art and Rob talked for a while and I noted that Art was writing down some measurements. After Art stopped talking on the radio, Tommy and Art walked down the river a ways, stopping just before the bend where Tommy had built the chopper pad. I could see them gesturing and walking off different areas. About a half an hour later, they came for me.

Art said, "Tommy agrees with Rob, we should get the larger Quonset hut and I agree also. We have discussed it and think it would be better here on the south side of the river. In fact, we think we should build a small protected basin separated from the river to park planes in and build a small ramp up to the hut."

Tommy and Rob led me to the section of the river east of the landing area. Rob explained, "We were planning to install the hydro-generators and the ford here, where the river is deepest and should not freeze at all, during the winter. Unless the river is in flood stage, we should be able to cross all the time. Also building the ford here will not interfere with the landing or taking off of any planes. Just below this narrow section, would be the ideal spot to cut back into the bank leaving a ten to twenty feet thick dike separating the basin from the rest of the river."

Art continued, "As you can see, the flood line is only back about 25 feet from the river bank, so the material we remove while building the plane basin, will be used to raise the chopper pad and the building site of the Quonset hut; several feet above the flood stage."

Tommy added, "We would open the basin to the river down at the northwest end. Then we can maneuver our planes in and not have to worry about current or garbage floating down the river doing damage to the planes."

"Further, we can build the hut with its doors facing the pond and a ramp of concrete, so Tommy can pull his plane into the hut without problems."

"On top of that, there is a nice one bedroom apartment in the rear of the hanger I could stay in." added Tommy.

"Are we going to get all this done as well as all the cabins before winter?"

"I think up and enclosed but finished, doubtful." stated Art.

"Bob, the cabins will be livable. They just may not have all the cabinets or finished work done. Beside during all this construction, you have been making money." stated Tommy.

"How's that?"

"Rob's daughter, Jenn, has been keeping the books for you. As of last night, we have found fifteen and half ounces of gold. At over $500.00 an ounce, that's approximately $7,500.00. Since we have been here, our biggest expense to date, has been the transportation of equipment and supplies. I figure, at the rate we are going, our expenses will be covered by what we get out of the mine." explained Tommy.

"Have you figured in pay for the men?" I asked.

"We do not expect to get paid. All these men are related to Rob or me and owe us. Four families are getting our property in town in exchange for the work here, so everybody is happy. Later, we will help gather food for the families, to be used during the winter months but none are losing any money."

"Art and Rob are hoping you will allow a hunting/fishing lodge to be built after the mine plays out. That is one of the reasons they wanted to move up here. Besides they can always run their construction company from here." added Tommy.

Changing the subject, I asked, "Tuesday, we will be receiving the two smaller Quonset huts. How long will it take us to get them installed and then get the hydro-generators up and running?"

Both Art and Tommy laughed and Art said, "Monday, the culvert pipes that will house the generators will be delivered and installed. The ford and the generators should be working by the Tuesday noon, so we will have more than enough electricity to use power equipment to put together the huts. By Friday, the huts should be finished and you and Tommy can share one for the rest of the summer." Art continued with, "The plan is to install four culvert pipes distributed evenly across the center half of the river. At that point, we will start filling in the river, forming the ford from the north bank. The two center pipes will have a screen placed on the upstream end of the culvert and the generator will be installed at the downstream end and also have a screen installed to keep fish from swimming up it. The two outside pipes will be left open to allow fish to swim upstream and to help keep the river at its present depth. When finished, the ford should only be 4 to 6 inches under water."

"The huts will be flown in three segments and only have to be bolted back together and resealed. The hard part will getting the first segment in position and secured enough that we will be able to secure the next section to it. The next section can be aligned to the first and just a few bolts used to keep it in place. The same thing applies with the last section. Rob and his crew will be here to help with that." added Tommy.

"Dang! I feel like I don't even know what going on any more." I commented.

"Bob, you have arranged for the running of this mine and camp. I have flown out every day and brought in supplies for the people here. No one has a complaint and most feel they are living better now, than they would be normally. There has not been one serious argument or incident. As for the construction, Art and Rob have taken over and that is what we agreed for them to do." stated Tommy.

Art said, "I've noticed you have stopped and lent a hand wherever you have seen a need, regardless of the job. You do not know what an impression that has made among my people. They respect you and because of the example you have set, everybody is working harder."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.