Life Is a Soap Opera - Cover

Life Is a Soap Opera

Copyright© 2008 by HLD

Chapter 15

Bailey was still asleep when Gabe left. He had an early flight and woke himself up early. He didn't bother to shower; he would clean up once he got back to New York. Instead he dressed quietly and gathered his things.

Gabe watched Bailey sleeping. She looked so content and beautiful. Her chest rose and fell with each breath. He brushed her hair out of her face and she smiled in her sleep. Pulling the sheet over her, Gabe kissed Bailey on the cheek and whispered, "Good-bye, my love. Miss me."

The previous two days had passed too quickly for his liking. They spent Monday at her house for Labor Day. He got to know her parents a little better and did all the proper oohing and aahing over her dad's antique Camaro, which was almost show-quality. She had to go to class and work on Tuesday. He treated all four of his housemates to a nice dinner out then returned home and snuggled on the couch with Bailey.

They spent both nights together in his bed. Although they never went any further than heavy petting, the night before, instead of watching each other masturbate, they touched and explored one another's bodies until they both came. She was a quick learner and very sensual, things Gabriel appreciated and enjoyed.

He couldn't believe how good she made him feel. Since Jeannie moved out, Gabe felt old. He was divorced and in a rut. His mother's death left a void in his life that he was just now getting over.

His chance prom date changed all that. Bailey rejuvenated him. He remembered what it was like to be eighteen again. Instead of going through the motions every day, he seemed ready to jump back into life. Unfortunately, that meant he would be going back to New York while his lover stayed in his home.

He reasoned that it was a small price to pay, at least in the short term. He was getting back to something that he loved. And now that he had someone in his life to share that with, Gabe returned to work with a vigor and energy he hadn't felt in years. He just needed to find a way to maintain his budding relationship with Bailey over the long distance between his house and Central Park West.

As he retreated out of his bedroom, he set his iPod in the docking port on the clock radio. In a little while, it would rouse her to "Leaving On a Jet Plane" because he didn't want to say good-bye in person. He didn't know if he could stand to leave her if he had to look into her big brown eyes. Around the house he had left dozens of notes and cards for her to find over the next few weeks. Until they could see one another again.

The airport shuttle was waiting for him in the driveway. He got in and didn't dare look back.


"Hey, Lo, when's your girlfriend coming to visit?"

Gabe only shrugged. Chuck laughed. Mitzi climbed up in his arms and cuddled up to her godfather. She immediately reached for one of the brownies on Gabe's plate.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.