Walker Between the Worlds - Cover

Walker Between the Worlds

Copyright© 2008 by Sea-Life

Chapter 16

Chris was stunned, confused, then dismayed and embarrassed when he learned, first what it meant that he was Awakened, and then what it meant that he had awakened in that way and at that time.

For Cole, Melissa and a lot of the others, it was not that much of a shocker. Awakened families usually had some stories to tell about embarrassing moments. It was the nature of things, especially when children of Awakened parents awaken unexpectedly.

It was a little more embarrassing for me, actually, because along with those thoughts, Chris had managed to send a pretty damned clear visual of what he was looking at as he was thinking those thoughts.

Me - naked, sweaty and writhing in the middle of my most excruciatingly delicious, mind-blowing orgasm to date.

I left it to older, more settled minds than mine to give Chris some perspective and detachment. I jumped myself to Cloudburst and my Hurlon form for a few hours of deep quiet. I let the song of Hurlon contentment work at my center until it could hold itself again, and then I jumped back to Earth and the empty room where a few hours earlier, Chris and I had discovered new heights and then some.

In the midst of the chaos, no one had thought to even straighten the bed, let alone pull the sex-soaked sheets off. With a frown I shrugged and pulled the Dream Stuff around me and let the reality of the scene shift to what I wanted. When I was done the bed was made and un-mussed, with clean and crisp sheets fresh as a Sunday afternoon. I shrugged again and headed down the stairs, loosening the barriers between me and the rest of reality until everyone downstairs could sense me coming.

<Chris, are you doing okay with this?> I sent.

<I am now. My God, Skye! Who could have guessed at this? How do you tell this to anyone?>

I was down the stairs and in his arms then and the mental contact shifted into something a little more deep and primal.

<Let me into your mind, > I asked, with my lips still pressed tightly against his.

He did. Easily, openly, without reservation. He was a good man, freshly minted from the kind, smart, caring boy he had but recently been. I saw Great Grandpa Dave and Great Grandma Ginny in his thoughts. They had come, and it was their thoughts that Chris had been allowed to see. They had been the ones to open their minds to him, so that he could see the truth of it. So he could understand the meaning of it all. Well, as much of the truth as any could, perhaps.

I felt them across the room and turned towards them with a smile. "I'm happy that it was you two who chose to come." I told them as I walked over for a shared hug. "You honor me greatly."

"I think we have greatly misunderstood what you do here," Grandpa began.

"And wonder where it is you are taking this." Grandma finished. I opened my senses a little more and saw that they were tightly linked, but not quite in a mental fusion. I joined them there briefly, and then punched through to a full fusion, taking them with me. It probably would have been impossible to do with almost any other two minds in existence, but these two had spent too much time over the years in this state, and it didn't strain them to be there, even if it was by force.

<<There is much you will never know about what I will do in the life ahead of me, but I will always be a McKesson, and could not be what I am, If I were not, I think.>>

So tightly fused were our three minds that they couldn't even be surprised. Nor could I when I saw that Grandpa sensed that there was a part of my mind that I was able to hold apart.

<<I don't know how you're doing that, but I'm impressed.>>

<<There are things known that remain unexamined and some things yet to be discovered. I have found a way to some of them.>>

"Yes you have," Grandma said as our fusion broke.

"What the hell was that!" Chris asked.

"You were able to sense that?" Grandma asked, giving Grandpa and I a look.

"Seems like you can pick 'em, Skye," Grandpa laughed. You awakened him straight into Light sensitivity! Blossom, maybe we'll have to suggest this type of method for Awakening potentials to the Guardian's Council."

I knew they weren't serious, but Chris, Awakened and Light sensitive or not, wasn't as familiar with the McKesson sense of humor, and particularly not Grandpa Dave's. "Don't let him tease you Chris. The Legion is known to be full of people who hump like bunnies. They would have had to have stumbled upon this technique before, if it actually was a technique. I think this is more about you than it is about the circumstances."

Skye?" Melissa interrupted. "We've sort of missed lunch, due to all of this, and you and Chris have a big night ahead of you. Should we try to have something to eat?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.