Cameron St. John - Cover

Cameron St. John

Copyright© 2008 by Matt Quiggley

Chapter 2

Weeping and sobbing like a little girl, great, I'm off my rocker. Then I felt Debra's soft and strong hands on my shoulders, "It's alright, Cam, we all understand but it's not an option!" Reaching under my chin and raising my head Debra continued, "We all miss him and we all loved him but now we have to try to live past this and go on like he would want us to."

I looked at Debra's face and then around the room no one was ashamed or embarrassed they all seemed a little misty eyed. I excused my self and stepped in the bathroom and washed my face. Returning to the conference room I just asked," so what do I need to do now, Mr. Jeffries?"

JJ Sr. replied, "first you stop calling me Mr. Jeffries and call me Jeff or JJ like Joe did."

"As for what you need to do. First, we have to go over your holdings and explain everything you have and what we are going to do with it. Then we'll discuss the future and what you want to do about it. Finally we'll get you over to your condo and settled in and fed."

Wincing, I looked at him and said, "Sounds like a plan, JJ."

We sat down and Ms. Phelps set a large binder down in front of me. "These are your holdings and accounts as of 9 am this morning," came the business like tone of Ms. Phelps. "The first section is about the companies and the holding company, the second section covers Joe's trust, the third is Samantha's trust, the fourth is the first St. John trust, the fifth is the second St. John trust and finally your own trust."

I could feel the world spinning around me but looked around and asked, "What do you mean Joe's, Samantha's, the first, second and my trust?"

"Well, in this case, we have several trusts being combined, Joe's and your mother Samantha's, along with two trusts your father had and finally the one created for you from the insurance and settlement monies from your parents accident," quoted Ms. Phelps.

I responded, "I never knew about all of these."

"We know, Cameron," intoned JJ Sr.

"So, first is the corporate portfolio," stated Ms. Phelps. "This includes your shares in: Carlucci and Carmichael Consulting, along with Carlucci Enterprises, Burning J Ranch Operations, St. John Foundries, St. John Shipyard, Aunt Lucia's restaurant chain, and Jeffries and Jeffries, Attorneys at Law Incorporated," Ms. Phelps listed. I think my eyes almost popped out of my head.

"There are more shares of most of these companies included in the other trusts, these are just the shares that Joe set aside for you. These are not the combination of the other trusts." continued Ms. Phelps. "Now Joe's trust includes cash, investments, and his shares of C.I. and A.L.R., That he inherited from his grandfather. Samantha's is similar Joe's but was inherited from their grandmother."

"The first St. John trust was created by Robert Jr., when your father decided not to return to the family business. It consists of his shares in S.J.F., and S.J.S."

"While the second St. John trust was set up by your grandfather, another portion of S.J.F. and S.J.S. along with cash and investments."

"Finally your trust, created with the passing of your parents, contains gifted shares of all the combined family companies. Along with the investments, the profits from the B.J.R.O. yearly payout, the settlement from the trucking company, and the insurance proceeds from both your parents personal and corporate life insurance are included." MS. Phelps continued.

"They were all kept separate by Joe for a reason. Some of the trusts would have been turned over to your control immediately at your eighteenth and twenty-first birthdays. At least as long as Joe was alive, they technically were their own entities. With Joe's death they all enter into a larger trust which will become partially released when you turn eighteen and fully when you either turn twenty-one or graduate collage" stated J.J. sr.

"Alongside the Trust funds we have included Joe's properties. These include the condo here in Alexandria, and condos in Miami, LA, NYC, Toronto, London, Athens, Tokyo, Sydney, Jakarta, Dallas, Mexico City and Hawaii; also the houses in San Antonio, Devonshire, Westchester, Vail, Nice, Baja, and Argentina. Also the vehicle and weapons collections," added JJ.

"Then there are the commercial properties and the properties awaiting construction." announced Ms ... Phelps.

"All of the real estate has been placed in a corporate trust for property taxes and up keep. "Said J.J.Sr.

"Now to the future. What exactly do you want to do?" asked JJ, "Do you want to sop off the trust fund and be a playboy? Or do you want to continue and try to become the man your parents and uncle hoped you would be?"

"I know I don't want to be a playboy like those jerks at school! I want to do things a lot like Uncle Joe did, such as the research and the work in the field," I said, "btw, what did Uncle Joe actually do in school?"

Carr piped up, "He had a B. A. in General Engineering, a Masters in Project Management, and a Doctorate in Applied Engineering. But he never stopped learning. He probably had enough education to have added degrees in archeology, marine engineering, and physics as well."

"So what are my options right now?" I asked.

"Well, first of all do you want to continue at St. Eligius or transfer to a school in one of the areas that you now technically live in or do you want private tutoring," stated J.J. Sr.

"Of course, part and parcel of the schooling question is supervision. Since you are not 18 yet, we will have to have a guardian or caretaker assigned in the later two cases." Ms. Phelps informed us.

"These are all things we should discuss sometime before the start of the new school year," J.J. Sr continued, "Later we can look at which college you want to go to. But that's one for the future."

"Now that that's done, let's get you on your way. Jocelyn will take you over to the condo so you can settle in and think over what you would like to do," smiled J.J. Sr.

Everyone got up and I made sure to shake J.J. Sr's hand before we left the conference room. I saw J.J. Jr. glaring at me from the doorway of another office. Keller and Natasha met us in reception along with the drivers and they got us back on the elevator in the same fashion.

Now that I knew I was rich I could see that I needed security but not at the level Keller was using. Down in the garage the drivers, Keller and Natasha again cleared the area before escorting us to the SUVs. Carr rode with Debra and the two drivers. Keller, Natasha, Ms. Phelps and I got into the second truck.

Once we were headed back out on K Street I cornered Keller," What the hell is up with all the security and the armored trucks? I never see you and Natasha together on an operation and now you, her, Vincent and Casper are all on the same one and it seems to be centered on me."

Keller just shook his head and replied, "Cameron, you are now a rich industrialist with weapons and government contracts, several of which other companies and even countries desire enough to try to either kill or damage. I'm sorry to have to say this, but Natasha is going to become a constant companion along with Casper. Over the years, not only has Joe had to survive many kidnapping attempts but even assassination been attempted and some have very nearly succeeded," Keller said.

"Now that you own the agency, darrlllinnng we would like to keep you around!" quipped Natasha

"What do you mean I own the agency? You own it as far as I understood the set up."

"No, the agency is officially a part of C&C. I am merely the COO and president. Joe has owned the agency since he started it as a security force and a resting place for his buddies from the military and for this old lush. Along with a full time babysitting service for you. You would never have guessed that your nannies were some of the best trained security agents in the world, the way they played hide and go seek with you," Keller grinned.

I stared, then laughed, thinking of one nanny who had to have been in her 70's, playing hide and go seek with me. While if Keller was to be believed probably able to kill with no remorse if some one tried to harm me.

"So, I guess its pretty safe to say you wouldn't want me to return to St. Eligius then?"

Natasha replied," Well I can think of better places to be but if you want that's where we will go."

"Ok I can live with that, one more question, why Natasha?" I asked.

"That, I will leave up to her to tell you if she wants," intoned Keller.

After that it got quiet, so I turned my attention to my fellow passenger, Ms. Phelps, "So Ms. Phelps, what are our plans?" I queried.

Well, first Cameron - you don't mind if I call you Cameron do you?" asked Ms. Phelps.

I almost came back with "that's my name you can't wear it out" but I controlled myself and simply replied, "That would be great Ms. Phelps."

"Well you can call me Jocelyn for starters, especially after what you said to J.J. Jr! I have reservations for us at the stadium to see a game and eat dinner in the firms sky box. That will allow you to meet some of the corporate people her in D.C."

Unless of course, you would prefer something else, of course"

"No, that sound like a good idea," I said.

"Then tomorrow we try to figure out your plans for school and what you want to do with your vacation, " continued Jocelyn, "and by the end of the week we should be ready to take you to Chicago ... Your grandparents are eager to see you."

"From there we can plan out which facilities and projects you would like to visit along with other vacation ideas."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.