Second Chance - Cover

Second Chance

Copyright© 2008 by Coaster2

Chapter 30

The surprise trip to the Canucks' hockey game was the highlight of the fall for Tim. An even bigger surprise was Brent asking Mr. and Mrs. Jannik if Shannon could join them for the weekend. Brent and Bonnie would act as chaperones. It was another big step up for Tim in his relationship with his new father. The adoption papers hadn't been acknowledged yet, but Brent and Bonnie had been assured that it was just a formality once the interview had been conducted. They expected that to happen early in the new year.

Shannon had made a big impact on Tim. When Shannon introduced him to her friends as her boyfriend, he was surprised at the status it gave him. She introduced him to other girls and boys in her circle, and as a result, he began to be much more comfortable in his new environment. He developed a more outgoing personality in the next few weeks.

Bonnie spent most of the two weeks surrounding Christmas and New Years in Castlegar. In Vancouver, she had used her spare time in the evenings Christmas shopping for family and friends. Business was quieter at that time as many of the construction firms gave their employees time off.

She had decided to talk to Brent about her job and their weekly separations after the holiday season. It was disturbing her, and the problem wasn't far from her thoughts at any time. She took stock of her life and while she loved her job and the success she was enjoying, she loved her husband as well, and she began to think that ultimately she would have to make a choice between the two. In her mind, it was no choice at all. She would be with Brent, no matter what.

Andrea came home for the Christmas break and Sam was only a day behind her. Jerry's nephew and Andy were very close, and with Sam's "package deal" having been accepted by Uncle Charlie, they knew their futures would be together at V.C.M. Brent could only smile and accept that his daughter was an adult and she was free to choose her future husband. He had no concerns about Sam. He was a level-headed young man with ambition and a bright future. He could only hope they would have the happiness he enjoyed.

It would be a full house at the Gordon's on Christmas Day. Tanya would be there as her parents celebrated Christmas on Christmas Eve, ending with a midnight mass which Scott would attend with them. Sam would be along at mid-morning. Tim had invited Shannon to lunch, and they would exchange their gifts then. It was the first time Brent would have a full house since before Jeanette had become ill, and he was looking forward to it.

It was a new experience for Bonnie too. In the nearly nine months that she had known Brent, her life had changed so much that it was difficult to remember her past habits. Certainly no previous Christmas could rival this one with her new family and friends. Tim had settled in and accepted his new life, relieving that concern. It only remained for her to resolve her personal situation.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.