The Destroyers, Book 1:  A New Beginning - Cover

The Destroyers, Book 1: A New Beginning

Copyright© 2008 by Monbade

Chapter 39: Going to the UN

Amy appeared in the bedroom and looked down at Ken and Tammy curled up in each other's arms.

"Sir? It's four am. It's time to wake up. You have four hours until the United Nations meeting," she said with a sigh.

Ken opened his eyes and looked over at Amy, and replied, "Good morning, Amy, and thank you,"

Then he looked down on Tammy with her head pillowed on his shoulder, her other arm across his stomach holding him tightly in her arms. Ken tried to slide out but Tammy clutched him tighter. Leaning over he kissed her gently and said to her, "Lover I need to get up, you need to let me go."

With her eyes still closed, she whispered. "I don't want to. I want to keep you right here, forever."

Smiling at her words, he kissed her again until she started responding to his kiss, he then whispered, "You know I love you very much."

"I know, and don't you forget it," she said as she got up and she walked naked into the bathroom, her bare butt swishing to the side as she closed the door.

Before it closed all the way, she asked, "Are you coming to wash my back?"

Ken jumped out of the bed and headed for the bathroom, as he entered Tammy was climbing into the shower. Opening the door, he slid inside, "Hello, Lover! You called for me?" he said as he closed the doors.

Sliding her wet body into his she said, "Hi," back to him.

Giving him a soul-searing kiss, she slowly pulled away.

"Lover, I wish we had time for more, but it is a two-hour flight to Terra for you and you still need to get dressed and eat."

"Tammy, I have his breakfast ready for him, and his uniform is hanging by the replicator."

Tammy turned and looked at a naked Amy.

"I saw your sparkle that time, so you didn't surprise me."

Amy reached out and brushed her holographic fingers over Tammy's cheek, "I made it brighter, so that you would. Good morning, Captain. Close your mouth, or you will catch flies ... if I allowed such abominations to be alive, here," she said with a small giggle.

Ken stared at Amy's breasts and stuttered, "My God, you are beautiful, Amy."

"Why, thank you Captain ... and your well endowed, yourself."

Ken blushed and lowered the cloth in front of him, as he stammered, "Sorry for staring, Amy, but you are really beautiful."

"You mean I have big tits?" she said. She started giggling as Ken started blushing, and continued, "Why, Ken, I do believe you're blushing. Well, get used to looking at me ... if you still plan to marry me, that is. Because as you see me now, this is how I look." She noticed the blush got darker. "My goodness, Tammy, I do believe he is getting redder. I would never have believed that to be possible."

She leaned over, kissed Ken on the cheek, and disappeared in her sparkling mist.

Tammy burst out laughing. Grabbing Ken in her arms, she kissed him. Opening the door, she pushed him out of the shower stall.

"Go get dressed and eat your breakfast," she said as she started to close the door.

"Yes, my love," he said, before the door could close, he handed her the face towel and as she turned in the spray, he smacked her in her butt.

"You have a cute butt," he said as he quickly made an exit from the room, he went out into the bedroom and started drying off. Quickly pulling on his clean uniform, he headed out into the dining room, and sat down at his food.

Grabbing the carafe of coffee, he poured a cup, first. Then he sat back and gulped half the cup down, to jolt his system with the caffeine that his body was craving.

A few minutes later Tammy walked out, kissed him, and sniffed the air.

She said, "That coffee smells wonderful."

Sitting down she poured herself a cup.

"Ken, you be careful down there. Come back to me. Remember, you are not invincible. Come home to me. Oh, before I forget, I have something for you," Tammy said.

She got up and walked over to her note pad, and pulled an envelope out from underneath it. Walking back, she handed the envelope to him.

"This is a letter from you to the Secretary-General. Get it to him, somehow, before the meeting."

Ken picked up the letter, and then placed it in the inside pocket of his uniform jacket, "I will, Tam. I will have two marines with me, and Amy."

Ken stood up, took his uniform jacket off the hanger, and slipped it on.

"How do I look?" he asked.

Tammy looked him up and down and whistled.

"Very handsome, my love, but you're forgetting something."

Ken checked his uniform in the mirror, and said in confusion, "I am?"

Walking over to the cabinet she pulled out a holster with a plasma pistol, four spare energy charges, and his personal force field generator on it. Carrying it back to him, she handed it to him.

"Yes, you are. Your weapon, Captain."

Taking the belt, he fastened it around his waist, adjusting the belt until the weapon was on his left hip.

"I better get going. I love you Tam, and I will see you soon."

"Kick their asses for what they have done to the human race," she said. As she guided Ken towards the door she asked, "Do you know what you're going to say?"

"Tammy you know that this United Nations did not have anything to do with the 'treaty'. However, it will stop. I am also going to demand that we be able to recruit from the population."

As they started to step out of the room, Jessica appeared and said, "Be careful Ken, and don't let them trick you. I have completed seven remote bases on the moon, with three hundred more in the building. Each base consists of ten railguns, twenty medium lasers and ten heavy defense lasers.

"I have placed thirty railguns, and fifty medium lasers in orbit, every square inch of the Terra surface was covered. Any ICBM that was launched can be taken out. We also disarmed twenty-six Russian and American missile platforms. I left them in orbit, but the missiles have been destroyed."

"Very good job, Jessica, I didn't know about the missile platforms. I am happy you checked them all out. I will see you when I get back."

Giving Tammy a kiss, he walked down the hall, and into the transport tube.

Tammy watched him go and ducked back into the room, when she came out she was wearing a mech battle suit, and carrying a Mark 5 laser rifle.

Looking at Jessica she said, "Jess watch over the ship for me. I have a date with a Bengal."

Running down the hall, she jumped into the transport tube.

"Mech bay."

Shooting across the ship, she was dropped right outside the bay doors. Walking in, she saw Lieutenant Aaron Wilson and Lieutenant Matt Wilson sitting beside their mech lander.

"We ready to go?"

Aaron stood up and said, "Yes, Ma'am! Three Bengal's loaded in the cargo lifter Bellow Wood. Lynn is going to pilot us out."

"All right, let's get strapped in. No firing unless fired upon. We will hide in the East River near the United Nations building. We should have an hour to get into position. Which mech is mine?"

Aaron and Matt looked at each other and grinned, and said at the same time, "You get the pink one Ma'am."

Tammy looked at the brothers and said, "PINK? You'd better be fuckin' joking Aaron, or I will kick your butt all over this bay."

Matt started laughing, and said to his brother, "You owe me one of your homemade pizzas, bro."

Tammy looked at both brothers and realized they were pulling her leg, "Only if I get some, and I still want your bread recipe for it."

Aaron grinned, and said, "Over my dead body, will you get my prized recipe."

"Okay, keep your secret for now, but I want you to think of this. We could lose you in combat, and I would hate to see that recipe go into history with no way to make it again. Also, just make me some of your pizza bread, and I will forgive you for not sharing. Well, let's get in the lifter."

Walking over to the huge craft, she climbed into the bay and saw the three cat faced mechs standing there. Two were pitch black while the third was ruby red.

With a giggle, she looked at the two brothers and said to them, "The red one is mine."

Running over to the seventy-five ton mech, she climbed up the ladder and into the cockpit. Grabbing the neuro-helmet sitting in the chair, she sat down and started hooking into the system, "Lynn can you hear me?"

"Read you five by five. We are lifting off now. Ken's shuttle is three minutes ahead of us. Cindy knows we are coming up behind her and won't tell the Captain."

The lifter fired her main engines and lifted up off the deck, moving towards the drop bay she hovered over the opening and when the doors slide open, Lynn tilted the ship and dove out of the ship heading for the moon. Pulling up she could see the shuttle on full burn heading for Terra. Lynn activated the com system.

"We are behind Washington primary, and closing. We should rendezvous in three minutes, and I will be staying in their shadow until we enter the atmosphere. While Primary will go for the top of the United Nations, I will fly on the deck to the bay, and drop you guys near the East River entrance. I will then do a one eighty and head back out on the same course and wait twenty miles out in the Atlantic. Activating stealth field now, weather in New York is heavy rain at this time, expecting to clear by this afternoon. Temp is 76 degrees."

Tammy listened to the report, and replied, "Very good, Lynn."


Aboard the shuttle, Ken walked the deck nervously.

"Amy, I am nervous about this. What if I really fuck up?"

Amy sat there in her chair, watching Ken pace the deck in front of her.

She said to him, "You will be fine, Ken. Oh, by the way, I have changed your rank in the computer on the ship."

Ken stopped and looked at Amy in confusion, and asked, "What do you mean you changed my rank?"

Amy got up, walked over to him, and brushed her hand over his shoulder dismissing the holograms she had covering his insignias. His rank changed from six gold stripes to four gold stars.

"You will be fine, Admiral Thompson. We are here to help you."

"Did you just say Admiral? I don't have a fleet and I am definitely not able to lead one."

"Yes, I did. You are the senior officer, and since we have no one to promote you, I lifted you to the top of the 'food chain'. You are now War Fleet Admiral Kenneth Andrew Thompson, Federation Navy, Commander and Chief of all defenses of Terra and the Sol System. You will need the rank when we have more ships. Washington will be your command ship. Tammy, Jenny, Ted, Jessica and I will take no argument on this."

"But ... I can't do that, I don't have the experience, or the ability to do that."

"Yes, you can. You have the ability, and experience will come with time. Now we will be landing in ten minutes. You'd better get ready."

Ken realized that after his discussion with Amy his nervousness was gone, and said, "Yes, you're right, Amy. Gunny Anderson, Corporal O'Neil, are you two ready to go?"

Gunny Anderson stood up and said, "Sir! Yes, Sir! And, congratulations, Sir." Picking up his stun launcher, he shouldered it. Reaching down he turned on his holo-emitter and disappeared.

He asked, "Is this thing working?"

"Yes, it is, Gunny. We should do a check on all of them."

Reaching down, he flipped his on, as O'Neil did the same.

Amy watched the three men disappear.

"All of them are working, Sir."

"Good, then let's get ready to head out. Better tell Cindy to activate the ships emitter."

"Yes, Sir. I will."

Amy disappeared and reformed in the cockpit, she stood there looking at the blond girl flying the ship and saw her best friend from the academy, Julie Meadows, dead on the old Gettysburg during the attack that got her put in the Washington.

"Cindy, the Admiral said it's time to activate the holo-emitters."

Taking a quick glance over her shoulder at Amy, she said, "Already did, Amy. Touch down in forty-fi ... fuck we have a helicopter on the pad. I am going to have to hover to the side, and they will have to jump down, scanning the roof now for guards."

Cindy said as she reached over, activated the scanner, and watched the results.

"No one is on the roof. Get ready for drop off." Cindy said as she pulled the shuttle up next to the helicopter and hovered over a walkway. "We should be over the walkway on the portside."

Back in the cargo bay, Ken opened the door and looked down at the walkway three feet below him. Looking around he saw no one and jumped down to the roof.

Looking up, he used his com unit.

'Come on down, you two, ' he said. As soon as he felt the walkway vibrate when the two still invisible Marines landed, he said, 'Cindy, take her up to another hundred feet. Get her out over the Atlantic, and wait for my call.'

'Yes, Sir. We are gone.'

Above him, the shuttle hovered as the copilot came back and closed the hatch. As the hatch closed, the view of the inside of the ship disappeared. All they could hear was the noise of the engines as the shuttle left the area. Looking around they headed for the stairway doors. Once there, Corporal O'Neil knelt by the door with his data pad, and scanned it for alarms. Finding them, and the camera signal, he commanded them to go into a loop for three minutes. He quickly disarmed the keypad, and opened the door.

Matt lifted his launcher and pointed it down the stairs. Descending, they moved down until they came to a steel door. Doing his magic once again, Matt quickly had the door open. They headed out of the stairway, and down the hall.

Moving slowly so they were not heard, they passed several open security offices, and came into a foyer. Just as they got there, the elevators opened. They watched as a guard came out, and headed into the lounge.

Ken looked at the open elevator, and quickly said over his com unit, 'Into the elevator, now!'

They rushed into the elevator just as the door closed and it started descending. Ken watched the numbers flash by, and prayed that when it stopped, not a lot of people get on. It soon stopped on the twenty-seventh floor and a beautiful woman got on with a cart full of folders, followed by a United Nations Guard who stood beside her.


Marcia Donaldson stood there with the cart, and waited for the elevator to open, when Sergeant Hernandez of the United Nations police force walked up.

"Hi, Fernando, how are you this morning," she asked.

Good morning Marcia, I am ... doing okay."

"Your English is getting better. Keep it up and you will sound like an American in no time."

Fernando stood there looking at the beautiful woman and smiled at her, and said, "Thank you. Are you going down to the council room?"

Marcia ran her fingers, through her long brown hair, "Yes, I am. I have to set it up for the emergency meeting."

"I can escort you there. I am one of the guards this morning," Fernando said proudly.

With a smile, she said, "Thank you, Fernando, I would appreciate the company."

Hearing the ding of the elevator, they wait for one of several elevator doors to open. As the center doors open, she pushed the cart forward as Hernando stuck his hand along the doorframe to keep the door open. Once the cart was all the way in, they stepped in and Marci hit the number two.

The guard glanced over at Marcia as she hits the number two and said, "So, Marcia what is this emergency meeting about?"


Aboard the mech lifter, Tammy brought her mech online as the ship came to a stop over the bay. The tractor beams snag her mech, swung it over the hatch, and waited for it to open.

Cindy looked around, looking to see if anyone was paying attention, seeing that no one seemed to be, she aligned the shuttle to the East River and said, "The East River entrance was five hundred feet directly ahead. Be careful you three, I am opening the hatch now."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.