The Destroyers, Book 1: A New Beginning
Chapter 15: Nightmare

Copyright© 2008 by Monbade

Jenny tossed and turned in her bed as she slept. She twisted and wrapped herself up in the sheets.

The dream came once again to her. It had come often, since she had found out that she was supposed to die.

She watched her dream self walk down the stairs of her home, dressed as a clown. Walking up to her parents, she gave them a kiss and a hug. A sad smile was painted upon her face, and she gave a small sigh for her brother.

Her mother took her face in her hands. She looked deeply in her eyes, to see how she was feeling and got no response. She leaned in and kissed her nose.

"Honey, are you sure you won't go with us?" Martha Thompson looked into the eyes of her little girl, "Are you really sure you don't want to?"

Smiling at her mom, she told her, "Yes, Mom. You and Daddy go have a little fun for once. You both need it, especially after all that has happened to us. For the last four months, you both have been doting on me since Ken's death. Well, it is time I put it behind me. It's what Ken would want. Life goes on, like always."

Jenny hugged her mom once more.

"I'll be fine. I have two movies I can watch, several bags of popcorn and a bowl of candy that I can pass out to the kids. Besides, Tammy said she would stop by after work and see me. We are going to order a pizza.

"I also want to write my pen pals, I have neglected them for too long. Louise Gonzales is scared some man has been pestering her family. I want to see what is happening with her. In addition, I got a letter from Carla Jenny over in England. She still wants me to come visit her. I told her you said I could."

Martha looked into her baby's face, again trying to see if anything was wrong, with a small sigh, she said, "Ok honey, we just worry about you."

She slipped her costume teeth in, picked up her cape and swung it over her shoulders.

"How do I look?"

Jenny looked at her beautiful mother, who was dressed as a female vampire.

"Mom, if I was Dracula, I would bite you myself. You kind of look like a vampire from one of Laurell K. Hamilton's books."

Laughing at her daughter, she gave her another kiss on her nose.

"Thank you, honey. That was what I was trying for. I do so love reading her books. I just wish they would make a movie of them. Well you be safe, if you need us, hit the alarm we installed because of that maniac out there. Just be safe, call if you need anything. Do you have enough for pizza?"

Hearing footsteps on the stairs, she saw her husband come down, wrapped in bandages.

"I see you are ready, John."

Hugging her mom, she responded to her questions, "I will, Mom ... and yes, I have enough money for pizza."

John stopped and looked at his wife wearing the sexy outfit and replied, "Yes, I am ready. Are you ready to go, my dear?"

John shambled over to them, and handed her his wallet and keys.

"Can you carry these for me? I cannot get them into a pocket under the bandages."

Martha took the wallet and keys from John, and with a twinkle in her eye responded, "Come along, Mummy, let's go to the party."

John leaned down and kissed Jenny on her head. He looked over at his wife as she left the room.

"I'm coming, my little vampire."

Looking back at Jenny, he continued what he was saying, "You have all the numbers if you need to get a hold of us, and we are only ten minutes away. Remember the alarm, if you need it."

"I know, Daddy, you go have fun. I will pass out the candy to the kids, eat pizza, and spend the evening with Tammy when she gets here."

She followed him to the door and down the steps to the car. Watching as her parents got near the car, she called out, "Have fun," as they climbed into her mom's 2002 Mercedes. Martha started the car up and pulled out of the driveway.

Turning to go back into the house, Jenny saw her neighbors coming. She stood there as Cherie came bouncing down the steps, barking and running over to three little girls coming up the walkway. Barking and rolling on her back, the little dachshund wagged her tail as the kids played with her. All three kids looked up and waved to Jenny

"Hello, Miss Jenny."

Jenny watched the seven-year-old triplets play with Cherie, and then saw movement down the driveway. "Hi, Jamie, Lynn, and Tanya, how are you three doing?"

Tanya answered for all of them when she laughed and said, "We're ok. Please say yes to Daddy."

Jenny looked up as the children's father walked through the gate.

"Hi, Mr. Anderson! How is your wife, Cassandra? What am I supposed to say yes to?"

Matt smiled at the young girl, but when he looked into her face, he could see the sadness there.

"She's fine, and sends her love." Looking at his kids he continued, "She and the kids want to know if you can baby-sit this Friday night."

Jenny smiled at Mr. Anderson, and replied to him, "You know I will, your kids are such angels to watch. I love them very much."

Jason burst out into laughter at Jenny's words.

"Only for you, Jenny. They drive Elizabeth crazy, or so she said ... but I think she still loves them. While you were gone, she took them horseback riding. The kids loved it and they still talk about it."

Jenny laughed as she thought of her friend Beth Robinson watching the three kids. "Well, Beth is too nice of a girl, sometimes. She has too little patience with them at other times, but she has a good heart."

Jenny looked at the kids playing with Cherie. Pointing at Cherie, she continued.

"Plus, I have a secret weapon that she doesn't have."

Matt laughed some more at Jenny's comments, and responded, "And such a good secret weapon she is. Yes she does have a good heart. Did you hear she got accepted at Johns Hopkins?"

Jenny looked at Matt in surprise, "No, I didn't! I am so happy for her! Just think, she will be a doctor in ten years if she goes through with it."

"If she does like she did in High School. I expect she will graduate in five years, I mean one year to graduate with a 4.0 from high school. She is one smart young lady, just like..." Matt went quiet as he thought of Jenny's brother.

Jenny continued to watch the kids play.

"Yeah, she is. I assume her mom will go with her to Baltimore."

"That's what Beth told us, they are having a realtor look for a place for them out there."

Matt watched his kids playing with Cherie, and stepped up to Jenny. He leaned down to her so the kids would not hear him.

"Jenny, Cassandra and I are so sorry about your brother Ken, and we apologize that we were not here for the funeral. If you ever need someone to talk to, we are here for you, or if you need someone to cheer you up, come by and see the girls. They love you like a big sister."

Jenny looked up at Matt Anderson, and replied, "That's ok, Mr. Anderson. We knew there was no way to tell you while you and your kids were on vacation."

Jenny remembered why the kids were there, and quickly said to Matt, "Let me get the candy bowl for the kids, and then they can hit the next house on their list."

Jenny walked into the house, grabbed the big bowl of candy, and came back out. Looking at the three girls, she told them her rules.

"Hey, girls, come and get your treat! Now, since you are all my favorites ... you can have two whole pieces, each!"

The kids rushed over. They looked into the bowl, and grabbed their favorite candies. They kissed Jenny on the cheek, and gave her a hug, and said to her as they started to walk away.

"Happy Halloween, Jenny! Bye! We love you!"

The kids followed their father out while Cherie sat at the gate wagging her tail and watching them as they walk away.

Jenny watched the kids walk out of sight as she leaned against the porch post. With a sigh, she turned and then walked back into the house.

"Cherie, come on girl."

The little dog wags her tail and came running to the house. Flying past her, the dog bounced up onto the couch and turned around as Jenny walked through the door. Suddenly the dog went ballistic, barking at Jenny, the hair on the little dog's back stood up and she jumped off the couch, and charged at Jenny.

"Cherie what's wrong..."

Suddenly, a hand holding a foul smelling cloth clamped down over her mouth and a voice said in her ear, "You're mine, bitch."

Jenny woke up screaming.

Trying to get free of the covers, she ripped them to shreds with her enhanced strength. Twisting and tumbling off the bed, she fell to the floor.

Tammy was dreaming of Ken, of him making love with her, when she woke up hearing Jenny screaming. Flinging the covers off her nude body, she ran to Jenny's room. Wrapping her arms around Jenny, she tried to comfort her as she whispered in her ear.

"Jenny, it's ok!, It's ok! It was just a dream, only a dream."

She rocked Jenny as the tears flooded down Jenny's face.

Jenny hugged Tammy's body to herself as she cried and whispered, "He is going to kill me. I just know it."

Tammy brushes the hair out of Jenny's eyes and kissed her forehead, and responded,

"No, Jenny, he is not going to kill you. I will not let him, my love. Our brothers won't let him, and Amy won't let him."

Silently she cursed Jenny for digging into the records of her attack and what she was doing when she was taken.


John was sleeping in his bed. His wife, Martha, was lying beside him. He rolled over and slid his arm over Martha's side as he heard Cherie hop off the bed, and get a drink of water. Cherie then came running back. She jumped back on the bed and wiggled under the blankets, curling against the back of his legs. As she settled down behind him, he went quickly back to sleep, curled into his wife.

He was lying there, asleep, when all of a sudden a high-pitched scream shattered the silence in the house. John flew out of the bed, his hand reaching into the end table's drawer. Cherie went flying off the bed and hit the floor with a yip of pain. Scrambling to her little feet, she ran over to the dog bed and looked at her master with pain in her eyes.

John scooped up his grandfather's old colt .45 1911/A1 pistol that he had carried in the Second World War from the end table's drawer, and was out the door looking around for danger. Moving down the hallway, he saw a light on in his daughter's room.

John moved towards the door when he heard his daughter say, "No! He's going to kill me!"

John started running at the door and hit it with his shoulder. The door flew open, and he rolled into the room as he looked for any danger. He saw his baby girl rocking on the floor as Tammy held her. Tammy was telling her repeatedly that it was just a dream and Jenny was saying someone was going to kill her.

"What's going on? When did you get home?"

He looked at the torn sheets and covers.

"What did you do to your bed? Who is going to kill you?"


Jenny sat there rocking in Tammy's arms, then the door was smashed open and her dad was suddenly standing there with her great grandfather's old pistol in his hand. John looked at the two girls and started to ask questions. Then he realized they were nude, and turned quickly around. Ken and Ted showed up behind him. Then Martha moved into the room and pushed her husband out.

"Let me handle it, John. Go make coffee."

She closed the broken door. Turning, she went to her daughter and knelt beside her. She wrapped her arms around both of them as her little girl cried her heart out.

"Hush, little one! Momma's here, and no one's going to hurt you."

She wrapped both girls in her arms and held them, whispering to them, "I promise."

Jenny burst into more tears. She scrambled into her mother's arms and held her, as she cried as she used to do when she was a little girl.

"Momma, I love you but I am ... was ... supposed to die in a few months."

Confused, Martha looked at the two girls, and asked, "What are you talking about Jenny, no one knows when they are supposed to die?"

She hugged her daughter tighter as the tears came once more.

"Jenny it will be ok, we are all here to protect you."


John turned to his son as he put the pistol on safety. Ejecting the magazine, he un-chambering the round. He placed the empty gun, the round, and the magazine on the top of the curio cabinet as he looked at the two boys.

"So when did you get back?"

"Hi, Dad. Sorry. We didn't want wake you up. We got back about three hours ago," replied Ken as a sudden yawn caught him.

Ted leaned against the wall, still half asleep, "Good morning, Mr. Thompson."

As they stood there, they heard a whimpering and scratching. Looking down they saw Cherie scratching at Jenny's door. John reached over and pushed it open, letting the little dog into the room. Closing the door, he headed down stairs.

"Well, I should get some coffee going, as I was told to do."

Ted and Ken both looked at the door for a second, then headed down the stairs, following Ken's dad into the kitchen.

"Can you make us some, too?"


Whining, Cherie moved across the bedroom floor and pushed her way into the group hug and onto Jenny's lap. Standing up she started licking Jenny's face. Jenny looked at her and then scooped her up, giving her a kiss on her snout.

"I love you too, Cherie, and thank you for making me feel better."

Holding the little dog on her back in her lap, she tickled her belly and watched the dog kick its feet. Laughing she set the dog down.

Martha listened to her daughter laugh, and asked, "Feeling better, Honey?"

Jenny smiled up at her mom, and replied, "Yeah, I am, Momma, and thank you."

With a sigh of relief, she replied, "Good, now will you tell me what is going on," Tucking her feet under her, Martha sat on the floor, and looked at her baby, and continued, "Who is going to kill you, and how do you know about it?"

Jenny brushed the hair out of her eyes again and looked at her mom with tears in her eyes, "Momma, it's a very long story."

"Well, like I tell my patients at work ... the only way to make it shorter, is to start telling it, so spill it," Martha said as she looked at Jenny

Jenny nodded her head, took a deep breath and let it out. "Ok, Mom. It started..."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.