The Collapse: A New Beginning: Book 1 - Cover

The Collapse: A New Beginning: Book 1

Copyright© 2008 by JimWar

Chapter 21

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 21 - Steve was fishing when the end of civilization occurred. It happened so quietly that he didn't even know it had happened. There were a few scattered survivors of what later was called The Collapse. Follow Steve and one small group of survivors as they attempt to find others and regain what was lost. This is the first book in what hopefully will be a multi-book series.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Post Apocalypse   Group Sex   First   Oral Sex  

Day Twenty-One: Saturday

My day started early with a loud banging on our bedroom door. Someone must have pulled it closed again without taking the lock off. As I looked at the clock and saw that it was 2 AM I vowed that I was going to put a piece of duct tape across the latch on that damned door. Then through my mind's fog I heard Julie cry out, "Open up, and hurry!"

There was a great deal of confusion as we all woke and made for the door at the same time. Julie was out of breath and almost frantic as she said, "Hurry and get dressed. They need you at the comm shack ASAP. Well come on, hurry-up!"

I danced around trying not to step on any bare toes as I pulled on my pants. Each of my other wives struggled to get dressed while trying to get more information out of Julie. The fact that Julie wouldn't say anything was making the other wives mad, Irene especially. I was worried but thought if someone was hurt Julie would be more interested in getting Irene than the rest of us. Every time I looked up at Julie for enlightenment, she would just mouth the word 'Hurry!' She moved quickly helping the other wives dress even assisting Irene in closing her bra. We were about half-dressed when Kim came out of her room in a long tee-shirt and sleepily asked what the hell was going on.

Julie looked at her and said, "Something's happened at the comm shack. It's important; you might want to come along."

I thought she was going to slip and actually say something but I was mistaken. Kim acted as if she knew what it was and hurried to her room to get dressed. In five minutes we had all dressed and piled out the door and into the security truck that was parked on the lawn. I had Kari on my lap and Kim was sitting more on than in between Lana and Irene. Julie wouldn't say a word but she could have blown the doors off of Dale Earnhart getting to the comm shack.

I was still wiping sleep out of my eyes as we entered the half-dark building. I could hear someone talking on the radio. As I walked around the corner I saw John and heard him say, "So you have 48 people there, right? Hold on, our base commander has just arrived. I'll put him on as soon as I brief him."

I could tell John was excited and see that he was reluctant to put down the mike. He finally did lay the mike on the table and said, "This is just so fantastic. It seems there's a group of survivors almost as large as us at Eglin. They've had their radio up a week longer than we have. The operator's a guy named Tony Snellgrove. Tony and I were both members of the Panhandle Ham Club back in the mid- 80s. Anyway, when we made contact he sent for their group leader, a guy named Terry Cooper, and he just got to the radio. All I know is that they have 48 people in their group."

I took the radio and for some reason I was tentative as I said, "Good morning, this is Steve Clement at Whiting. It's nice to hear we have neighbors."

There was no hesitation as I heard, "Good morning Steve, I'm Terry Cooper. I hear you have quite a setup at Whiting."

I wondered what John had said as I replied, "We have a good start, I think. There's still a lot of work to be done. I don't think we should discuss specifics over the air. We have had some small problems and you never know who might be listening."

Terry said, "I think that's a good idea. I've already told John that I have 48 people here. I think we were lucky to be where we were, off the base, when it happened. I don't think anyone on the base at the time survived. We also have a few members of the Coast Guard that were out at sea south of Panama City Beach when it happened. We can talk about all that later and compare notes. I think we need to meet face to face and talk. My first thoughts are that it might benefit us to combine our two groups or at least form an alliance."

I answered, "I think a meeting would be an excellent idea. Our largest helicopter here can carry six people, including the pilot. If I remember correctly you should have larger aircraft that could handle a larger group."

Terry almost sounded embarrassed when he said, "We have plenty of larger aircraft. Unfortunately there's no one here to fly them. Our Flight Surgeon, Dr. Walling, is our only pilot and he is barely single-engine qualified. He's wanted to fly around and scout the area, but since he's our only doctor the group decided that he should stay on the ground."

By this time Irene was so happy she couldn't contain herself and shouted, "They have a doctor, a real doctor!"

I had keyed the mike as she spoke and after she put her hand over her mouth I laughed and said, "I guess you heard that. That was my wife Irene. She is a damn good nurse and our most qualified medical person. She's thrilled by the prospect of having access to a real doctor. I think we can take care of the pilot. I'll fly over with my maintenance officer and take a look at what's available. Then, if you like, we can decide where to hold the meeting."

There was a short pause and Terry said, "Sounds good to me. When do you want to fly over?"

I thought and said, "We're having a wedding here this morning. I'm best man so I don't dare miss it. Our ladies have been planning this thing for a while. I'll try to get away in the afternoon during the reception. I'll have my operations officer talk with you later and get the active runway information."

Terry answered, "That's fine. Just give us a call before you land and we'll have a truck lead you to the terminal. We'll meet you there."

I thought for a second and said, "Expect two of us some time shortly after one. That should give us enough time to evaluate your aircraft, make a quick check flight and fly back here before dark. If we decide to have the meetings here we have plenty of rooms available."

Terry answered, "We have the same setup here, plenty of space and facilities. I'm looking forward to meeting you Steve."

That was about the extent of our conversation. Both of us realized the importance of not revealing too much information. After the communications ended we were all high from the excitement and although we were fatigued we found it almost impossible to get back to sleep. Kim went to the room in the reception hall she used to prepare the New Times and immediately changed the lead story to one of discovery of the new group. She had furiously taken notes of our conversation and asked me a lot of questions I couldn't really answer. I gave her everything I knew and then John did the same. I was thankful, hoping that her story would keep me from having to retell what I knew to everyone at breakfast. I later found that human nature being what it is most people still wanted to hear the story from the horse's mouth so to speak.

My wives and I made almost frantic celebratory love until nearly four in the morning and then, after we were completely exhausted, drifted off again for a few minutes sleep. The alarm sounded early and I wanted to slam the damned thing across the room but couldn't reach it. I was once again tangled in a mass of limbs, this time worse than most.

Of course if you have to be trapped, this was the trap to be in. There were soft parts and even softer fun parts, if you know what I mean. I couldn't feel an elbow or knee pressing into me and the soft fun parts of my lovely women were gently undulating against me as my wives struggled to shut off the alarm. I felt a hand grasp my encrusted shaft and recognized Kari's diminutive digits at work. I trapped a nipple that was poking me in the eye with my lips and began to suck. The delicate flavor suggested a Laura or Lana breast. Maybe there was no need for a larger bed; this one certainly guaranteed a smorgasbord of tender delicacies always within reach. Almost immediately I felt lips and a warm moist mouth engulf my manhood. Yes, I could live on this bed forever.

It didn't last, though, as one by one my wives peeled off of me and with unrecognizable grumbles moved off toward the bathroom. As the nipple plopped from my mouth I realized that there were only Kari and me left together. I smiled at her as she grinned wickedly at me and gave my manhood a reluctant goodbye kiss.

By the time we made our way through the bathroom the sour expressions transmuted into excitement as we contemplated the events of the day. We were all animated as we reflected on our positive expectations for the day. During the gloomy first days following the collapse I know I wondered whether there would ever be another wedding celebrated. The joy of the community coming together for our own wedding was something I knew I would never forget. I wanted the union of Lana and Laura's grandmother, Sheila, to our good friend Jim Baxley to be just as exciting. These weddings were statements that we were still here, unvanquished.

Then on top of that to know that later in the day we would meet another group of survivors caused our spirits to soar even higher. The fact that this group was so close by and could almost double our numbers radically increased our chances for survival. Irene was having difficulty focusing on getting dressed as she talked of the prospect of having a doctor on call. I smiled at Kari as she spoke knowing the strain Irene had been under as the only medical trained person for our large group.

We redressed in our own wedding finery for the service. Sheila's daughter-in-law Janet was going to be matron of honor and Lana, Laura and Carrie were going to be bridesmaids. I was sure that with the love everyone felt for Jim and Sheila this would be a wedding that would be talked about for quite a while. I knew that everyone would be there. Even the duty person would have a radio link to the comm shack but still be in attendance for the service.

When Jim first asked me to be his best man I was happy but hoped that Tom wouldn't be offended because he had known Jim much longer than I had. It bothered me enough that I spoke to Lana about it. Lana said, "Dad's going to give grandma away and I don't think he would feel comfortable doing both. Besides both Jim and dad feel as close to you as they do to each other. I heard Jim tell dad that sometimes he felt like you were the son he never had."

I found out that many of the items from our wedding were recycled for this wedding. Seeing them brought back wonderful memories of my own wedding. Again I had no idea where the fresh flowers came from. When I said something about it Kari spoke up, "I think Janet and Pat found them in a garden nearby. I know they searched during their off time for quite a while. Jim said that he would make sure we planted flowers along with corn and other items so we would always have some for these types of occasions. I even heard some of the ladies talking about forming a garden club and perhaps turn the old parade field into a formal flower garden."

I thought I was going to have to prop Jim up during the service, especially when the wedding march sounded and everyone stood up to see Sheila escorted into the chapel. I heard him whisper, "Damn she's as beautiful as the first time I saw her." At that moment his knees got wobbly and I moved a step closer to help if needed, but the instant his eyes locked with Sheila's he stood tall and proud.

The wedding seemed to once again bring forth a greater sense of community. I can't explain it, but at the reception people were more of a cohesive group. Instead of small knots of friends talking in small groups everyone mingled and mixed as if we were one large family. Kim was not alone at this reception, but was the center of a large gathering of young people. The farmers and the flyers were interspersed to the point you would have been hard pressed to pick one group from the other. The topic of conversation, other than how beautiful the bride was and how handsome Jim looked, was the new cluster of survivors that we had found.

I must have fielded a hundred questions with few answers. I told anyone that asked what little I knew only to find that each person who had been asleep seemed to know more than I did. A lot of what people knew was hope and speculation. The wildest comment that I heard was that the other group was a top secret government group that was working to bring all of those missing back to life. I know I hurt Susan Gordon's feelings when I laughed loudly as she told me that 'fact'.

I toasted Jim and Sheila during the early part of the festivities because I knew I would have to leave for my flight at about eleven o'clock. I mingled afterwards and fidgeted as I kept an eye on the clock. Finally Jim walked up to me and said, "I know you're as anxious as any of us to meet this new group. I wish I could go with you but Sheila would have a fit."

I grinned as I replied, "Besides, you've got to christen the honeymoon suite."

He laughed and rolled his eyes said, "I don't know whose idea that was. We would have been just fine home in our own bed."

I remembered what Laura had told me and answered, "I believe Tom and Mike Sr. found the place while they were looking around the base. It's the old Commodore's quarters. I think it's a great idea to set it up as a honeymoon suite. It's larger and isolated, but most of all it's something different from what we're used to. I understand the ladies have decorated it up nicely and even added a few surprises."

Jim seemed serious when he replied, "I don't need any more surprises at my age."

I nodded and clapped him on the back. "I agree with that. The world has completely changed, my friend. That's enough surprise for any man's lifetime."

Jim surprised me when he said, "Well, not all of the changes have been bad. Hell, I doubt the earth could have taken much more of our abuse. I figure this breathing spell will give the planet time to heal if nothing else."

I thought and said, "Damn, Jim, I didn't know you were a philosopher. I hope we'll do better this time. We're starting out right with organic farming and maybe this new group of scientists will be able to help us with some other ideas. We'll be scavengers for a while, living off of the last generation, but pretty soon we'll have a chance to try some new things."

I spotted Mike Jr. walking by talking with Sarah on one arm and Norma on the other. I almost hated to interrupt his fun. As he walked by I put my hand on his shoulder and as he spun his ladies around asked, "How would you like to go flying this afternoon?"

The look he gave me let me know that flying was the last thing he wanted to do. His almost moonstruck look disappeared and he first looked at Sarah and then at Norma before answering, "I thought we were off until Monday. I guess finding the other group must have changed that. When do we have to leave?"

I looked at my watch and seeing it was 11:30 said, "In about half an hour. I need you to fly over to Eglin with me to check out an aircraft. If everything goes right I hope we're going to try to fly some of that group back over here this afternoon."

Mike said, "That doesn't give us much time."

Norma batted her eyes at Mike and said, "We had such plans for this afternoon too."

Mike gave Norma a surprised look. Obviously the 'plans' weren't something he was privy to. Then he looked at Sarah who smiled teasingly and said, "We thought we would spend the afternoon at the swimming pool. Kari told us that the pool is clothing optional on Saturday afternoons as long as there are no children around."

Mike looked like he had lost his best friend as he looked back at Norma who by now was almost laughing. He looked from one young woman to the other trying to figure out if he was being teased. Finally he said, "Damn" and just shook his head.

I was almost laughing as I said, "Meet you at the flight line in 30 minutes."

I turned to find Kari behind me snickering at the conversation. She looked up at me and said, "Well, I guess that means we need to go change clothes."

I gave our apologies to Jim and gave a Sheila a kiss before we headed back to our home. I was surprised that Irene tagged along but understood when she said, "You make sure that the doctor comes back with you."

We actually got in the air about five minutes early. It was a beautiful day for flying, with almost no contrary winds and no cloud cover. The air temperature was 75 F, not bad at all for November. The 30-minute flight over the almost endless stretches of piney woods of the Eglin Reservation was peaceful and uneventful. Only the anticipation of the upcoming meeting kept the flight from being routine. Throughout the flight bits of the past three weeks played through my mind, events that almost seemed surreal as I flew across the skies of northwest Florida.

I squawked the tower at Eglin, letting them know of our arrival. When I got no reply I made a low pass over the field in order to confirm the wind direction from the windsock at the tower. After settling my mind that the wind was from the south I lined up and made a straight in approach. The landing was uneventful and I pulled off onto the taxiway just as a blue Air Force pick-up with a follow-me sign raced out to intercept me. I slowed and followed the truck back to a hangar somewhat distant from the terminal.

I could see that the hangar doors were open and there seemed to be an almost overflow crowd on hand awaiting my arrival. As Mike and I deplaned four of the people separated from the throng and made their way towards us. None wore uniforms; they were dressed casually and comfortably.

We chocked the aircraft and speedily walked towards the approaching group of three men and one woman. We exchanged warm handshakes and quick introductions. Terry Cooper was a step ahead of the others, a broad shouldered man of medium height in his late 30s or early 40s. His close-cropped hair was brown with a distinguishing tinge of grey at the temples. He was obviously fit even though he walked with a slight limp. Tony Snellgrove, the Ham radio operator that we had first talked to, and his wife Sandra were introduced next. Tony was a slight man also in his late 30s, with a ruddy complexion and an affable personality. His wife seemed to be younger and just a bit overweight. She smiled a weak smile and I thought her to be slightly ill at ease. I later found that she was uncomfortable being in the center of things, but was a great behind the scene organizer. The final member of the small group was Tracy Adams, a Coast Guard small boat commander and one of five Coast Guardsmen that had joined the Eglin group. Tracy was tall and wiry with flaming red hair and a matching mustache. He was soft spoken, relaxed, and yet exuded the quiet confidence that comes from having commanded a vessel at sea.

Terry led us to the flight line and began to introduce us to the others in the hangar. There were too many people for me to remember the names. I was introduced to six different doctors and became confused until I found that five of them had doctorates in various scientific fields and didn't know a bit more about medicine than I did. Those five obviously didn't understand the dynamics of the new world they were in. They did seem to think that they should be the center of attention and couldn't seem to understand why I was obviously more interested in a mere medical doctor.

One of the five seemed a bit more perceptive than the others. I was surprised when she introduced herself as Terry's significant other. Dr. Joanna Thomas was a beautiful woman who handled herself with charm and grace. I was informed that she was one of the preeminent acoustical sensor specialists in the country. Hell, with the survival rate that I had seen, she might just be the only acoustical sensor specialist in the country.

Regardless of her occupation, she was a charming lady, and it was obvious from the moment we entered the hangar that she and Terry were an item. I later learned that both were divorced and that their romance had begun the day of the collapse. Joanna was Terry's strongest advocate and, like my own wives, a major factor in him assuming a leadership role. Terry had been an Air Force Master Sergeant, the senior enlisted man in the group, and had assumed the leadership of the group when none of the military officers, all staff, wanted to take that onerous job.

It took me over an hour before I could pull Terry aside and ask him where the aircraft were that I was supposed to look at. Terry was apologetic and quickly showed me to the next hangar where we found several large Air Force aircraft. My mouth watered as I saw two AC-130 gun ships. These cargo aircraft had been designed to assault mass troop formations with onboard 20 mm Gatling guns and 105 mm howitzers. I was surprised to see them at Eglin as the last I had heard they were based at nearby Hurlburt Field. I knew they could not quickly be converted to passenger service. The hangar also contained one older C-9B passenger jet that had the squadron markings of an AC-130 squadron. The C-9B was a military version of the McDonnell Douglas DC-9 civilian jetliner. I was surprised to see it was a C-9B Skytrain II. This aircraft was scheduled to be retired from service and had been operated by the Naval Reserves.

Whatever its origin, I was glad to see the large aircraft since it would be more than adequate for our purposes. It would carry a combination of passengers and cargo and was quickly configurable from one to the other. It also had an excellent range of 2,700 miles with the additional fuel tanks in the belly of the aircraft. After examining the aircraft I knew that it could carry 108 passengers when fully configured for passengers. The seats were easily removed and deck pad eyes allowed cargo to be securely strapped down within the main cabin.

It took about 30 minutes to find the logbooks for the aircraft. Mike and I went over them and were pleased to discover no major discrepancies and over 1,000 hours flight time remaining before the next major overhaul would be due. Mike soon found a tow truck and with assistance from Tracy, Terry, and a couple of the crew from Tracy's boat we towed the aircraft to the ramp.

It had been a long time since I had flown anything as large as the C-9 and that time had been with an experienced pilot who was type-qualified sitting in the right seat. We completed the preflight checklist carefully using the manual, so it was by-the-book. Mike found a fuel truck and we fueled the wing tanks only, leaving the lower tanks empty to lower gross weight. As soon as the aircraft was fueled I rolled it out to the runway for a check flight. Mike, a braver man than I, went along for the check ride even though I let him know this was my first flight in this type of aircraft.

Taxiing the large plane was harder than actually flying it. It took about thirty minutes before I was lined up on the end of the runway. Mike sat beside me looking more confident than I felt at the moment. Finally I swallowed and started applying power to the two large Pratt and Whitney turbofan engines. Moments later I released the brake and we started our takeoff roll down the runway. The flight was easier than the taxiing and after about 15 minutes I returned to the runway without shedding any rubber off the tires.

I taxied back to the line much quicker than I had taxied out and we soon had the aircraft fuel topped off. I was surprised that most of the people that I had met earlier were still at the hangar watching my first flight. I guess it made sense that they wanted to know that the pilot they were flying with was competent. Terry left a small security detachment of eight people to watch the base.

I was surprised to learn from Dr. Ryan Walling, the flight surgeon, that four of those going would be heavily sedated and under his care. He was glad that we had a medical facility and that Irene and her trainees would be there to assist in their care.

I invited Ryan to sit in the co-pilot's seat since he was the only other qualified pilot onboard. With Mike in the navigator's seat we were soon airborne. As soon as we were up and had a minute Ryan said, "I had to sedate my patients pretty heavily for this flight."

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.