The Collapse: A New Beginning: Book 1 - Cover

The Collapse: A New Beginning: Book 1

Copyright© 2008 by JimWar

Prologue

Science Fiction Sex Story: Prologue - Steve was fishing when the end of civilization occurred. It happened so quietly that he didn't even know it had happened. There were a few scattered survivors of what later was called The Collapse. Follow Steve and one small group of survivors as they attempt to find others and regain what was lost. This is the first book in what hopefully will be a multi-book series.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Post Apocalypse   Group Sex   First   Oral Sex  

If you had warned me how civilization as we once knew it was going to end, I would have called you a liar, lunatic or worse. In my neck of the woods, LA, that's Lower Alabama or the panhandle of Florida for those not from this area, we are pretty much rock solid country folk. We believe what we can see and tend to be very skeptical of things that we can't. That is except for Gulf Breeze, the UFO capital of the east. In Gulf Breeze they joked about it themselves and had a car dealership called UFO Motors. At one time, I doubted that there were any real space ships there, but now I don't know; maybe they were right.

I myself almost never thought of little green men. I was a product of the 80's and mostly read science fiction writers such as Asimov, Heinlein and Arthur C. Clarke. Under their tutelage I saw the future as mainly a place of promise and opportunity. With only minor exceptions, aliens, when used in those stories, were friendly. There were some exceptions such as Footfall by Niven and Pournelle but it was a bit much to believe in extraterrestrial elephants invading the earth.

The thing is it did happen. Not elephants but some unfriendly beings. Not everybody believes that, but what else could it have been? I think the government knew it was coming before it became clear to the rest of us. Roswell was more than likely a reaction to something that happened on an earlier scouting trip. We'll never know because all of those people are dead and Roswell is just slag now, one of the few places where infrastructure as well as people was destroyed. What did they want? Nobody knows that either. My theory is that something happened to their scouts and they reacted by posting us off-limits and then decided to use our planet as a test bed for extra-terrestrial WMDs. I'm just personally glad that they weren't testing some planet buster, if there is any such thing. What they did do was bad enough.

What did they do? I can't answer that completely. Worldwide communications are spotty at best. I don't even know what happened to all of the United States. Almost everything that I do know comes second-hand, mostly from strangers. It's like we've regressed two hundred years. You wouldn't think that would happen. Most of the equipment and things that we need for everyday life were left intact. With the exception of a few places like Roswell, New Mexico; Boulder, Colorado and Memphis, Tennessee the only thing missing is the people. The most puzzling thing is that 99.98% of the people are missing; not killed, just vanished. We haven't found any mass graves or bodies anywhere. We also have no idea why we few were left behind.

I'm leaving my recollection of those events for those of you in the future who may be interested in how it was after The Collapse. When you read this you will probably know more about those events and exactly what happened so I'm not even going to dwell on those things here. My only take on that is that about mid-day on October 18th, 2009, almost everyone on earth simply vanished into thin air.

Looking back on it now I don't know why I didn't understand exactly what was happening sooner, but maybe it was because it was such a beautiful day on the Gulf of Mexico. Suddenly, without me knowing it, most of civilization ceased to exist. I was snapper fishing 25 miles out on the Gulf. I heard no distant rumblings or flashes, nothing unusual on the Gulf. It was an absolutely beautiful day.

On board my boat, Fishin' Fool, I had hauled in about half my limit of Red Snappers, had also caught some grouper and quite a few Mingos when I turned on the GPS to move to the next spot that I wanted to fish. My first inkling of trouble was when I couldn't get a signal on the GPS receiver. That has happened before but I really became upset when I tried my portable GPS with the same results. That was really strange. Next I fired up the radio to call the marina. I wanted to find out if Fred knew if anyone else was having a problem. I couldn't raise him and Fred always kept the radio close, so I knew something was up. Then I started turning knobs and finally started listening to radio chatter. It seems like I wasn't the only person who couldn't contact whatever base station they were trying to reach.

Chapter 1 »

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.