Timeless
Chapter 6

Copyright© 2008 by Yoron

Evelyn and Jéena went to the window and started to make weaves around it and after they finished there they went round to all corners of the room doing the same. It was a octagonal sided room and high in the ceiling. I liked it immediately and really wished that I could have had one like that when I was living in Mundania. On the wall opposite the window there hung a big Bronze mirror and on all the other walls there was a smaller one. I just had to ask. "Evelyn? Why are there so many mirrors here?"

Jéena smiled at me, "they are spirit traps." She said. "Huh?" I said. Now Evelyn finally seemed satisfied with their wards too, and explained to me as one would do to a inquisitive child. "They are traps for evil spirits intruding on the living, the smaller ones just scare those spirits away by showing them themselves but the big one is a what we call a soul-well. It takes them and hold them until we decide what to do with them. And now you can feel totally safe baby cause Mama will soon be with you,"

I heard a low sniggering sound at that from somewhere, but as I gave Jéena a suspicious glance she just looked back at me, perfectly poised and serious. Shit, I thought, did it come from the mirror? First werewolves and now? Evil spirits too? In my bedroom! "Ah Evelyn, do we really need that big mirror in here? It makes me kind of nervous." I admitted. Jéena who had been on her way out now froze in happy anticipation, just to hear what Evelyn would answer. "Oh mamas little sweetheart, scared of the nasty mean mirror are we, no don't you go worrying your little brain here. Mama will make all them bad things go away, and your Auntie Jéena will help too, oh yes she will."

The last was clearly addressed to the silent figure standing in the doorway turned away from me, shaking with the effort of withholding her mirth at Evelyn's all to blatant baby talk with me. Then Evelyn delivered the coup de grace "Jump into bed now baby. Quickly now, so that Auntie can kiss you good night as a good boy." As I actually already was in bed she didn't really need to say that, I think she did it just to tease me. Jéena who now had stopped her shaking turned back into the room and gave me a sweet peck on the chin. Though she couldn't help saying "Sleep well now baby, Auntie will just go out and chase them bad wolves away."

Now why the hell did she have to remind me of those? And just as she was leaving I saw them both doing a very strange weave together. It reminded me of a high five if you know what that is. Asking Evelyn when she had gone to bed, she told me that this only was a simple security ward sealing the door way from spirits, and there was something more to it too? Ah yes, it seemed to take care of bad breath too. That one was kind of strange. But rather smart too, especially in the mornings I thought. Well whatever, anyway as soon as we came together I fell asleep, and this time I didn't dream a goddamn thing.

When I woke up I had this lovely feeling of absolute satisfaction, As I experimentally moved my tongue I realized why. It tasted like Evelyn, in my mouth? As I opened my eyes I saw this soft but firm mammalian milky-white round object in front of me raising like a small Zhumulangma (Tibetan mountain) into my mouth. I felt someone caressing my hair and Evelyn's sweet voice crooning "Mama's Gonna Buy You a Mockingbird. If that mockingbird don't sing, Mama's gonna buy you a..." Well you get the idea. I don't know how I happened to be there but I have to admit that I gave into the moment. Not that I'm weak, no way, just that is was kind of ... Comforting, might be the word here? Anyway, don't snort at things you don't know, that's my advice, and yes, that goes for coke too.

So there we were in the bed enjoying ourselves. After some tender lovemaking Evelyn felt asleep again, but I who felt as I always do after making love, as if infused with a huge amount of energy, found myself getting restless, I looked at the window. Exactly as the room it was set in a beautiful octagonal shape, I went up to take a closer look. Looking out I saw a cold windy morning and looking down it seemed as if it had snowed an awful lot. The few ragged clouds I saw up in the sky seemed to hold a promise of even more snow as they swept past the house. Standing there looking up I somehow got the impression that I was standing on a large ships bridge, travelling majestically through a gray windswept sky. Looking to the horizon I could barely see the peaks of the Broken Hills mountain range from where the clouds seemed to come, they were so far away that they almost seemed imaginary to me.

Suddenly I felt the imminent need to refresh myself so I went out to find a bathroom. There was one not far from our room and relieving myself I had a good wash too and brushed my teeth, there were even unused toothbrushes, so it seemed as if people using the guestrooms were a normal situation. But I didn't find my breath to have become any better though, Before me brushing I mean, so I don't really think that the girls last weave at the door worked as they had planned. Even though it still was a very good idea I admit, walking back to the room I tried to be as quiet as possible. Well inside I found myself a chair and sat down to just watch my girl. Before her life had only seemed a struggle, all just to keep my head above the waters, and I had been on the edge of giving up. Thanks to her life once more had a purpose and magic.

She seemed so innocent and sweet to me as she slept, with a satisfied quirk to her lips, as if she was a cat who at last had found out where the cream was. I wondered was she was dreaming of. Could it be me perhaps? I crept under the sheets to find out, and snuggled into her to sweep her into my arms. "Did you know that you are mine." I whispered in one little rosy ear. "All mine, and that I'll never let you go." She opened one eye to stare me down most imperially, the color of it slowly changing from a blue to deep green as the light from the window started to touch it. "How can I ever forget it baby, if you never give me a chance?" She answered coolly. "So much mischief that you put me through already." Then she shook her head as if trying to shake away the cobwebs, and relenting slightly she hugged me back.

"But I forgive you sweetiepie." She whispered. "You do kind of grow on me baby." She smiled as she now opened both eyes and I feeling as if I was loosing myself inside their pools of ethereal light kept on soaring inside them for what seemed as an eternity. In the end having to close my own so not too allowing the feeling to overwhelm me. "You do know that I love you Evelyn?" I said, as I held her. "Don't ever leave." "Oh baby, I won't" She promised and there I felt as if a yoke had been lifted from my shoulders. "Oh, baby." She said, suddenly sounding very businesslike. "It's time to get up now, come on lazybones, get a move on." When I told her that I already had done so and just had snuggled back because she was too inviting, looking at her sleeping, she smiled a most self-satisfied smile asserting to my good taste. But then she went up anyway, saying "Well boy, but I haven't so be a good boy now. Wait here while I go to get myself ready."

Putting on a dressing gown she stopped in the doorway. "And don't get into any mischief either." she admonished as she moved to the bathroom. Well, from being on my own to being with a woman who at times seemed to see herself as my mother. It was kind of strange but if that was what it took to keep Evelyn happy then that was a cheap price I thought. People, as we well know is never static, we change all the time, we act in one way at work, another with our friends and yet a third way with our love. It is much in the same way as we say one thing meaning another and ending up doing a third, we sure seem to make a mess of things, but, on the other tentacle, it seems to be that way we want it to be too.

When she came back all rosy, smelling of soap and woman, I had no choice. Dressed as she was in only her dressing gown I found it quite easy to convince her to my ideas merit, and so it was that it took a little more time before we finally got dressed and could walk down to the kitchen. Why we went there? Well, we were hungry, and a kitchen is a very nice place to start your day in if you are so inclined. There was a spread of different stuff served on the table, even more stuff than yesterday with Tea and honey, cheese and olives, some different sausages and roasted meet, thick crusty bread, vegetables and soup. All waiting for me primarily.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.