Timeless - Cover

Timeless

Copyright© 2008 by Yoron

Chapter 4

Looking at her I couldn't help but noticing that she seemed younger than the rest of the council. She smiled at us and then presented herself "Oh and hi, I'm Jéena and I don't think we meet before." she nodded politely at us. "I was sent here from Elf'sforrest Brook as an emissary of sorts." She then looked at Evelyn asking. "I hope I didn't interrupt anything by introducing myself but I was just dying to meet you both. It's not often one sees a Mundanian and a Elfling so happy with each other. I just had to see you." Evelyn who had seemed rather peeved just before now smiled back, even if somewhat sourly. "No Jéena, nothing was interrupted, at least nothing of importance." Here she choose to give me a most withering glance.

"But you are correct of course, it would be highly impolite to listening in to others thoughts, that is, if they didn't deserve it." And here came another one of those withering glances directed at me, a little like the deathstar attacking, ah? Considering my clothes, ah well, princess Leia I presume. But I still felt somewhat bolstered by Jéena's assurance, so I just smiled at my little dove. Now, thinking of it most people sees doves as some sort of white angelic birds that devote most of their time to flying around making peace signs, don't they. Well let that be what it might be, but I my friends, I had a friend when young, in Mundania that was. He happened to own? Or perhaps lend might be a better description here a slightly illicit columbarium of sorts on the roof of his tenement house.

I for one can assure you, where you ever to go in there, peace would be the last thing on your mind. If you on the other hand needed to re-stuff your pillow? A totally other matter my friend and do come back. So I wasn't totally blindsighted if now anyone thought so. While they were talking I inconspicuously sneaked inside Evelyn's embrace again. I knew that she would find it hard to be miffed for any time, especially with us cuddling again. Sneaky of me? Well it sure beats bickering, also one have to understand that this strange young body I now occupied seemed to have demands of its own. One of them cravings being Evelyn, and only Evelyn at all times. And even my slightly more mature brain seemed to have no problem concurring with that.

As we had talked I had lost the thread of what Alphonz was talking about. Listening again I got the impression that we had moved forward, if that now was possible without time? He said " And so time came to be." He wiped some sweat from his forehead and took another deep draught from his tankard. "She was a new force in this chaos and extendedly conscious of her shortcomings. As all other forces could and would do whatever they wanted in all possible instances she was the first to set up limits." For once I almost started to understand what he was saying, and as Evelyn had gone back to slowly fondle my hair I knew that all was well again. So I laid myself back in her embrace to listen some more.

"That is why time only moves in one direction, from the now to the future. All other dimensions we know of allows us to move however we will, backward forward, up or down, but time does not. She was the first order to impose itself on chaos." Now Liam seemed to get a little agitated where he sat eating one of the remaining cinnamon buns. Alphonz smiled at him and said. "As our esteemed friend Master Liam, whom I'm sure would like to point out though, there is a difference between those dimensions creating what we call matter and that creating time." Now they both politely bowed towards each other, each one making polite gestures of approval.

You know, seeing such I at times had problems understanding how anything ever could be accomplished in this place, what with all that bowing and politeness and stuff. Alphonz continued. " Time can nowhere be touched nor hold as far as we know, whilst matter is most pliable and will conform to our wishes. But." And here he stopped to once more peek out under those bushy eyebrows whilst he took another draught of his tankard. "But, one has to remember that what has been done can be undone." Here Master Liam abruptly stood up overturning his glass in the action, bowed deeply at Master Alphonz whilst mumbling "Your eternal servant Sire, so true, so very true and a most masterly approach." Master Alphonz now graciously bowed back making decrementing gestures signifying his utter unworthiness in those matters, that finished he continued.

"And that's why we had to act, there has been disturbances since long time ago as we see it, weakening's of time if one like." As I told you before, I found it a marvel that anything ever was accomplished in this realm, with all that politeness interrupting whatever they were doing. As I was thinking I could hear Master Alphonz proceeding with his tale. "It seems as the very force of time is under attack here, and as we all are creatures abiding under that law of order then we all are under attack." Now Evelyn wanted to ask something. "Sire, what would happen with us then? If time was lost, I mean would we to be lost then?" Master Alphons smiled warmly at her. "A most concise question my dear, what would indeed happen? That's the precise reason why we're gathered here tonight. To discuss, and if possible, to decide what should be done about it. That my dear is if I may say so, the pivot of the pinnacle. But first dear lady. if you won't mind please allow us some refreshments."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.