Vacation? - Cover

Vacation?

Copyright© 2008 by Dual Writer

Chapter 50

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 50 - Steve Sharp takes a vacation that changes his life. He gets some breaks, he makes some of his own good luck. Lots of loving, some dull stuff but some decent action. This shows how you can succeed with your friends. (Some codes are implied but not a major part of the story.)

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Rags To Riches   Incest   Swinging  

Day Fifty - Monday

I woke up being kissed on the nose by Sue. When my eyes opened, she smiled at me and said, "Morning sleepy head, it's past time to get up and get going."

The clock said Six-fifteen. I felt rested but didn't really want to get up. Sue got out of bed and headed into the bathroom. Guess it was time to begin the day.

Before going into the bathroom, I started two pots of coffee and unlocked the door and opened it in case someone came over and needed to get at the coffee.

Sue was getting out of the shower as I was getting in so the closest I got to some loving was a couple of kisses on the way by. Ten minutes later, after a shower, shave, brushing my teeth, and dressing in regular work clothes, I was having my hair brushed out by Glenda who was in a friendly mood this morning.

The weather was acting like it was going to rain so we turned on the TV to listen and watch the local news and weather. There was a front moving through and we were expected to get wet.

When Sandy and Mandy came for morning coffee, Shawna excitedly told them that I wouldn't care if Carl and Kurt came to work for us. The two girls were as excited as Shawna was. These two guys must be good.

Ruth and Tiny said they would help Phil and Judy, who were just pulling up, to find me a sales assistant. She could help Phil and Judy's group when she had slack time. Tiny said he would push the office expansion as he could see that it was going to be needed quickly.

Phil said that today was going to be busy, as he had the two potential road guys coming by. He said the shop and all the activity going on, would impress them. Judy asked that I greet these guys in the big office, as most salesmen are real ego guys. The big office would make them want to be a part of us even though they would hardly ever be around.

I asked Phil what he was going to do for an encore after last week's super success. He shook his head and said there was no way to repeat that, but he was working on several pretty big deals. He even had a couple of customers that were coming into town to discuss major purchases.

I asked Tom and Al if they could paint the frame in the showroom and re-hang it. I also said that there were plans for a drag bike frame that I would like made for display. I would get the neck so they could finish it.

Jim said he knew of a guy who had a drag bike that wasn't worth the tires it sat on, but could be dolled up to look good for the showroom. I asked him to follow up on it and see if it could be bought cheap. Now all I needed was a big generator, a compressor, and a car painted up as if it were sponsored by S&S.

Sue said she needed to work on her catalog business today but would try to get loose for lunch with me. Everyone had something to get busy on, so we all left by seven fifteen to start our day.

When I pulled up in front of the shop, there were two guys standing by a pickup, waiting. I introduced myself and asked how I could help them. They said Hap had encouraged them to try out for welding positions with the company.

I unlocked the door and brought the guys upstairs to the big office to fill out applications. Ruth came in carrying two foam cups of coffee for them and told me that Dan had a new man that he wanted me to meet as well, and that the contractor was on his way.

The two guys thanked Ruth for the coffee in a very respectful way. Hap had them on their best behavior. I was impressed.

I looked over their apps, asking about the welding school they had attended, and why they didn't take advantage of some of the opportunities the school always found for the graduates.

They told me the only positions open were for either a high rise construction job in New York or the Alaska oil fields. They both had elderly parents that they took care of and couldn't leave the area. I explained the company's philosophies about perfect work, saying our reputation has been built on work of the absolute best quality. They both said they were willing to learn.

I took them back to Tom, who was busy with Tim and Bob, double-checking their work on the group of frames they were working on, as well as the other new guy, Ted, helping him and showing him the best way to prepare the metal before tacking it.

With a smile, Tom got out the usual scrap for interviewees to work on. He gave them the same pitch I had given him and the others while showing them a finished product. Tom showed the two a finished piece of test pipe that Bob had done before telling them to take their time and do a good job so we would know the quality of their work.

If these two worked out, that would give us three teams to manufacture frames. That would be enough to do all the NASCAR orders, as well as other types of frame orders I hoped to begin getting.

I walked to the next shop area to find Al and Dan watching a guy using a forming tool with an expert's ease. He apparently had cut some raw material into the correct patterns, and was now forming it to the specifications on the print.

Al came to me and said, "This guy is good. He knows his stuff and can probably teach Dan and me a lot."

The man took the finished panels and began double-checking the forms and bends to the print. When he turned around and began walking to us carrying the panel, he had an exaggerated limp. He looked like he might have an artificial leg.

Al complimented him on his work, as well as his expertise in using the equipment. Al handed me his application, introducing him as Drew.

Drew had been out of the military, the Marines, for five years and had been employed by three times that many companies. The reasons for leaving were all employee downsizing, and three that said they didn't feel he could do the work.

I shook hands with Drew and quietly said, "Semper Fi."

Drew looked up into my eyes quickly with a smile spreading across his face and gave a very vocal, "Ooorah!"

I asked him if he needed any special equipment or facilities considering his leg. He said there were times when he couldn't move as fast as others, but he did pretty well. Drew also said, he was due for a new prosthesis this month that should help him walk better. He asked if I might give him a chance.

My only reply was an extended hand saying, "Semper Fi, my friend, a Marine is always faithful."

I thought the man was going to cry. Instead, with watery eyes he turned to Al and said, "Let's make some panels."

Back in the welding shop, Hap's two guys were doing a decent job on their samples. It looked like Tom was going to have his hands full making sure that we did perfect work, but his attitude would keep him after perfection.

I went over to the motor shop to find Sandy and Mandy with the used motor, mostly torn down already. They were showing a couple of parts to two thin, smallish, guys. They were all pointing and rubbing their fingers over the parts.

As soon as I came in, Mandy said, "Steve, this is Carl and Kurt that I told you about. They want to come to work here. They are already impressed with your perfect work signs all over the place. Here, Steve, look at this. When we began tearing the motor down, we found a ton of sloppy workmanship and crud that had been left in the engine when they buttoned it up. Since the motor never did run well, it hasn't been used enough, in its poor condition, to kill it. We'll have this ready by tomorrow. What are you going to have these two guys and us do then?"

"I'm way ahead of you. By the time they are ready to go to work this afternoon, work will be waiting for them."

I shook hands with Carl and Kurt and told them to have Shawna show them upstairs so that they can fill out apps for the file and meet Ruth.

From there I went to my office and called the Parts House. I made sure that we had been approved for an open account, and ordered four crate engines. Two to be delivered this morning, and two to be delivered on Wednesday. I also wanted to order three more mobile engine mounts and a motor lift. I entered the information in the computer, under purchases pending delivery.

The tray on the fax was overflowing. It would have to wait until after I talked to the contractor.

Upstairs, in the big office, the contractor, Tiny, and a guy who was introduced to me as an architect, were busy putting together an office addition at the round conference table. I asked the contractor if he had the print of the existing building and the paint shop addition. He pulled out another rolled up set of prints and spread them out.

"With the growth we're experiencing, this is what I want to do." I took a big piece of graph paper they were drawing on and set it up so the edges fit the side of the existing building and the back edge against the new paint shop. I roughly drew a line from the outer wall of the paint shop to a line that intersected with a line across the front of the building.

"I want a wide open walk-through from the original building into the new building to give it the appearance that it has always been there. This addition will be two stories, with the upstairs hallway an extension of the balcony hallway. Upstairs, just inside the new building, as well as downstairs, I want bathrooms for both men and women. The existing building does not have sufficient bathroom facilities for office staff. This will give folks from both buildings easy access. I want windows completely around two sides, on both floors, so we have as much natural light as possible. The windows need to be tinted and insulated so the air conditioning will keep it cool. I want the traffic in and out of the new building to be through the hallways and our front door. To meet code we will probably have to have a doorway in the front and another stairway and doorway in the back. Both of those doors should be the "push to open" kind that automatically locks.

"I don't care how you bust up the upstairs into offices, but I think it would be best if we were to have them in an open format, using cubicles instead of a bunch of little offices like storage bins. Make sure that you use everything that is sound deadening and, if necessary, we will use some white noise to help. Downstairs, I want to devote the offices for road people and support staff for the other divisions. You can work out how to lay it out."

Tiny said, "That is a great layout. Why not do both floors in large cubicles? Road guys would still have a place to be when they are in town. They really wouldn't need an office to keep closed up and smell musty."

"Good idea. I think we should make sure the cubicles are large enough, so figure out how to get the maximum amount of them in our space.

On the other side of the building, I put another piece of graph paper and drew a line from the front edge of the new rebuild shop, to a line that intersected from the front edge of the main original building. I put the same openings on the paper and said that this could be a future expansion, but we might as well consider building it now, while we have the financing, rather than wait till we are in a crunch.

Tiny said that this would cut this huge office in half.

I agreed, "But the office will still be larger than any other office up here and if you look toward the other side of the door, it's like a big living room, as opposed to useful space. That side can be another office that will be pretty big, or perhaps a conference room. This office will remain an interview room, and an entertaining and closing office. My goodness, this thing is still going to be twenty-two foot wide by over thirty feet long."

"I don't mean to run, but I have a lot going on today." I looked at Tiny and the contractor, "Remember the phone, data, and alarm folks, and make it happen. Oh, and one last thing, we should probably have a small break room downstairs in the addition. The existing break room is going to be too small real soon."

I went to see Phil and Judy. Judy was training someone, while Phil was in his office talking to two men. He called me in and introduced me to the two men who were applying for our road representatives. Both had Onan experience and knew the products well. When I asked how they felt about additional lines, such as welding equipment, they both were excited and felt they could produce even more business with more lines.

When I found Judy, to ask her to clear the fax machine, she introduced me to what could have been Shawna's sister, a tiny redhead with an appearance uncannily close to Shawna's. This was Debbie Wilson, and she was going to be my assistant.

"I like you already Debbie, I need a keeper." Turning to Judy I asked, "When will she be ready for me to use and abuse."

"Later today, Steve," Judy replied. "I'm teaching her order entry as well as purchase order entry. She should be able to keep you in raw materials for all the shops. She will also be able to keep the fax clear and call customers back to confirm and thank them for their orders. That's how we get so many pre-paid orders. We offer them a discount if prepaid, and a lesser discount if they pay for most of the order."

Judy followed up by asking, "Did you notice your big conference table is gone and your desk is now all the way to the shop end of the office? Ruth purchased a desk and chair for Debbie. Her desk will look out onto the showroom floor. Ruth has ordered Debbie a phone too. There may be room for your little table and the chairs. I will look later."

I told Debbie that I was looking forward to working with her.

I walked through the break room going downstairs to the motor shop. Shawna was receiving the two crate engines, the new stands, and the lift. Mandy and Sandy were amused and happy that I had instantly taken their recommendation to buy the GM Delco crate.

"That's what you girls said was the best, so that's what you get. Does Carl or Kurt have a different opinion?"

Sandy said, "I don't think so. He's the one that told us about the differences in the first place. They will be happy to get good raw material to work with."

I told Shawna that we had an open account with the Parts House and that she should use them, whenever possible for the parts they need to build the motors. Some of the stuff came from specialty racing supply houses and would still have to be bought through them, but the Parts House's availability would be an asset to us.

Sandy and Mandy said they had two pages of notes on the poor build of the motor they were working on. They were both surprised that it had ever been in a race car.

The sheet metal guys were really turning out panels fast. There were stacks of each full set. It looked like we would be able to ship the bigger order today or tomorrow.

In the frame welding area, six guys were all working diligently on various tasks.

When I walked into the rebuild shop, Abe was in his office, talking to a guy about thirty. Abe waved me over and introduced me to Matthew or Matt, as he liked to be called. He was applying for the road tech position. Onan had recently upped the price for a road tech, eliminating two positions.

I wanted more than a road tech, "Matt, while you are in the field at customers, you need to keep your eyes open for used and abandoned equipment. We are going to need a continuing supply of product to rebuild. The shop is already exceeding my expectations and is a major profit center. This department is also accountable for warranty work, so your salary should be taken care of by warranty alone. How did you work your territory before, did you have a truck or did you have some tools in your car?"

"Onan wasn't that smart, Mr. Sharp, we would fly to a customer's city, rent a car and when necessary, rent tools or use the customers tools when we could. So many times we would fly back into town, and go right back to a location, near where we had been, for another call. A truck would be a great way to handle calls. I like the road. Motels aren't too bad if we watch where we stay and eat reasonable. We know how to keep expenses down."

"This is what I want you to do. Design a truck that will have the space for the tools you need and the few parts that are always going bad. Either a van with bins or a pickup. Abe, if you have another guy, or two, or three that we're going to hire, have them help in the design so we have several opinions. Phil has mentioned that several customers are asking for warranty help now."

Abe asked, "How many road guys can I have?"

I smiled, "The same answer as always, Abe, as many as you need."

"I can get four experienced techs right now," Abe said. "I've divided our territory into four reasonable geographic areas that should be fairly convenient to cover. We will be able to give some really good support by using trucks to travel and having tools and parts with us."

"One more thing Abe and Matt, the road guys will have to spend some time with Phil. While they are at a customer location, they can sell products, fax the orders in, and receive regular commission, in addition to their regular salary. If I'm thinking correctly, you will probably increase your income by twenty-five to thirty percent."

Matt stood to shake my hand, "Thank you, sir. I can't tell you how many times the customer wanted to buy something, but I had to beg a sales type to help the guy. More often than not, the customer would either just forget it or buy from someone else. This is great and you may be surprised how much we can produce. The road salesmen will love us, as we'll set them up on all the big stuff. We can now follow-up to make sure the customer is taken care of."

"Abe, perhaps we need six men to work the territory. If they can support themselves through warranty and sales, we would be foolish to overwork them."

"Let's start with four and work our way up, Steve," Abe said, happy to have so much going for him.

Abe's shop was full, with six guys each working on an individual project. A couple more generators were ready to be started and tested soon. The forklift, that had looked and acted like it was on its last legs or wheels, was looking very nice. If it ran as good as it looked, it was going to be sold quickly.

I started to think there was a lot of painting going on. I went back to see Shawna, but Sandy said she was next door in the paint booth. When I looked into the booth window, Shawna was in her coveralls, face mask, and head cover, painting another rack of frames and some panels for the rebuild shop.

I hadn't asked her about Debbie Wilson yet, either.

Back in the motor shop, I asked Sandy to have Shawna find me when she came out of the paint booth. These two girls were fast, as they appeared to be closing up the motor already.

I asked them, "Are you bringing this one up to the same spec as the motor you built?"

"You bet, the parts were all correct. Only a couple of parts had to be replaced. The problem was sloppy work, failure to clean up as they went, and failure to check everything. This should be as good an engine as the other. This one won't have to be broken in at all. It should run good from day one."

It was getting close to noon, so potentially, Sue would show up for lunch. I looked through the new orders for racecar support items. There were orders for a total of five frames and twelve sets of sheet metal. There were also two motor orders from teams that I didn't know. I entered the orders and put them into a tray that was marked for filing.

Looking at the monitors, I saw that Shawna was back in her shop, taking off her coveralls. I went back to get her to go with Sue and me for lunch. I knew she would be ready for a break, as even with the air on real high in the paint booths, working with all the extra clothes on was hot work.

I asked Shawna if she wanted to come to lunch with Sue and me. She was all for it and asked if Sandy and Mandy could come too. Kurt and Carl were at the back door to unload tools, so Shawna said that they should come too.

So much for a quiet lunch, I thought.

Judy paged me that Sue was up here for lunch. These folks washed up at their clean-up sink and followed me up front. Sue was standing with Phil, Judy, and Debbie, waiting to go to lunch.

Shawna and Debbie took one look at each other and both squealed and jumped in each other's arms. They spoke excitedly for a couple of minutes, until Shawna noticed we were all waiting on them, "This is my cousin Debbie, she's been in Georgia since we were about fifteen. We haven't seen each other for a couple of years. Come on, we'll talk at lunch."

It took three vehicles to get the ten of us to lunch. Debbie and Shawna rode with Phil and Judy, while Sandy and Mandy rode with Sue while Carl and Kurt rode with me. The Greek guy had a fit that I had brought so many for lunch. He was so happy that he threw in free iced tea.

Debbie and Shawna had a non-stop conversation throughout lunch. When I finally got a word in, I asked Debbie if she was married? No, but she was living with a guy named Hank Wilson. (I thought, 'what a coincidence that the two had the same last name.') Where was she living? They were currently in a little motel room that had a cooking area. What did her boyfriend do? He was, or at least had been, a painter at a body shop and was looking for a job.

Shawna's eyes got big around as she looked at me and mouthed, "Can I?"

I nodded and she started asking questions about the character of Debbie's boyfriend. If he checked out as well as Debbie described, we could have our painter. I'm sure we could find other work for him when he wasn't painting. I gave my cell phone to Debbie and told her to call him to come in this afternoon. She said she would call him, but she had the car. His motorcycle was still up in Georgia and was going to stay there until they both had a job.

While we were eating, I told Sue that she needed to clue Debbie in on my work habits and shortcomings, so she could cover for me.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.