The Author - Cover

The Author

Copyright© 2008 by dak

Chapter 8

I stood wiping tears from my eyes, laughing pretty hard at having run into Robin hood on my first official outing, I held up a hand to stall him.

"Locksley please give me a second"

I lowered my rifle letting it rest on the strap around my neck, taking out my phone, I began scrolling through the information to see if Robin was an official target, the information was scarce in the phone, it appeared I was to retrieve a mystical artifact either before or after a hero in this world obtained it, the information on the Hero was vague and could very well be Robin, I noticed him staring at me incredulously, I held up a finger.

"Just a second"

I saw the slight nod he gave to his left, and I heard the whistle of the air, I could tell it was meant as a warning, still I didn't like being shot at, the arrow was going to buzz by my ear, I reacted fast plucking it from the air with my free hand I spun with the momentum of it and threw it back to where it originated. I could hear it hit the archer in the shoulder.

"I SAID ONE SECOND"

I saw the startled looks from Robin in his men as I put the phone away.

"look dude, it doesn't look like my business is with you, and to be honest I respect what you are trying to do here, BUT Fire at me again and I am going to put my foot so far up your ass you will be tasting rubber for the rest of your life"

I saw him nod to his right but before the archer could fire his arrow I had my rifle raised, I quickly let off a shot into the woods taking him in his knee, then I quickly aimed at the two men standing to the left and right of Locksley, knee capping them in turn, the shots happened in such quick succession that it all sounded like one shot. Robins men all fell to the floor groaning in pain, Robin quickly dropped his sword and put his hands up.

"Clearly sir we are no match for your dark arts, we shall trouble you no more"

I shook my head.

"Oh no, you don't get off that easily, YOU will have to pay a toll to me now"

I walked forward keeping the rifle trained on him, I got near enough that I could press the still hot barrel of the riffle under his chin.

"THIS Is my magic wand, if you don't do as I say I shall paint yonder forest with thou face. NOW I need to know some information about this world"

I lowered my rifle and looked him in the eye.

"Now lets see to your men's wounds and we shall go back to your camp to discuss what information you can provide me"

He narrowed his eyes at me, then nodded.

"We have an accord Dark mage"

With that I began to help him patch up his men, my shots had been clean entering and exiting the wounds, three of the men would walk with a limp for the rest of their lives, the 4th would simply have to wear a sling for a month or so.

Robin lead the way, we paced ourselves taking our time for the wounded, his camp was not far, when we neared he signaled into the woods that it was him, There was about 20 men scattered about, some on patrol on the outskirts of the camp, Robin made sure his wounded got further attention from the camps healer, he then took me to his tent.

"What do you need to know stranger?"

I took out my phone and scrolled through the information it contained.

"hmm, that's a good question, I am not sure yet what information will be useful to me, I am looking for an ancient relic, and or a Champion of some kind. It would also be nice to know the politics of the region, I can assume you have a sheriff problem?"

He nodded at the last part.

"That is pretty vague stranger, But I shall give you what information we have, as for this relic you maybe better served talking to our Friar. As for a Champion, I am known as one, I have also heard of a Young lad in the kingdom south of here who seeks an ancient journey to regain the throne of his land, But be warned this land is filled with many villainous people and beings as well as would be heroes who seek to thwart them."

I sighed

"great."

He nodded

"The Friar is seeing to the needs of his flock in the Village of Nottingham where the Sheriff rules, if you wish to seek him I would use much caution as outsiders are frowned upon as they may carry word of the evil deeds and attract attention of the King"

I nodded to him.

"yeah yeah, I know this story, Evil prince John, Evil Sheriff, Maid Marian, Friar Tuck, Little Jon, and all that."

His eyes widened at me.

"You truly are a sage in line with the dark arts!"

I shook my head.

"Nah just saw the Disney cartoon when I was little."



The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.