The Author - Cover

The Author

Copyright© 2008 by dak

Chapter 6

I had a cup a coffee with the waitress whose name I found out was Janet, Apparently Janet was a single mother struggling to make ends meet. If as she said the lotto ticket was real she could provide the kind of life for her child she always wanted. We drank the coffee and parted ways. No I didn't take advantage of her, it felt too much like paying for sex, so I bid her goodnight and left her with my cell phone number incase she needed it. She was amazed at the thought of an Angel with a cell number.

I wandered the city looking over the controls on the Iphone, soon getting a better idea for the scope and magnitude of my powers. I could see the limits to what I could do with it, but they weren't anything to scoff at. I found a hotel nearby, I had discovered my wallet had an unlimited supply of twenties, all it had taken was the right click of the app.

I sat in my room playing with the functions I could do on myself, I added a few super powers to myself, Professor X like telepathy, Wolverine like healing, Kitty Prides Phasing, Rouge like strength and flight, Spidermans reflexes and ummm a few other endowments. I also added the ability to actually know how to use these powers, Every time I added a power though I got a pop-up asking to register with the man in the Hawaiian shirt.

I sat in my room testing out my new powers, it was a bit overwhelming at first, but nothing near what I did the first time, I had watched the death toll rise on the news from my first attempt, They had called it a "terror" attack. I felt bad for the people, but I saw resurrecting people was not one of my abilities. The guilt was softened by the idea that truly they where millions of copies of these people out there.

I decided that first thing in the mourning I would go and test all of my abilities. I knew the Hawaiian shirt guy wanted me to do interesting things, and had given me no moral obligations, But somewhere deep down I new right and wrong still existed and I would use these gifts for the good of the people. I was not going to be his clown, yes Id do what he asked, but I would do it my way. I also hoped when I would go to interfere with other beings "Projects" I would get a chance to learn more about the rules of the verse, maybe once I was out of his Jurisdiction I could figure some things out on my own.

When I laid down to sleep it took very little time to pass out, I was in a dream walking through a field of flowers, I knew it was a dream, I had full recall of the days events. I saw a large tree in the distance and walked toward it, under the tree sat an Old Asian man smoking a pipe. He glanced at me.

"Hey kid, how is the new job treating you?"

I looked at him getting a sense of power.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.