The Author - Cover

The Author

Copyright© 2008 by dak

Chapter 19

"Shhhhhh" I said holding my hand to my mouth.

She continued to scream, I heard people rushing toward us even over her wail, I shoved her back and knelt to the side of the entrance, as soon as I heard the approaching guards near enough I popped out from my cover and fired down at their feet with the concussion rounds.

Ill say this, if you ever fired a gun with out hearing protection, you know that even in open space its loud, now imagine that in a cave that echos, now add the genius move of explosive rounds, and for the grand finally my boss, the man in the Hawaiian shirt had improved my hearing ten fold.

"mother fucker." I screamed as I fell to the floor holding my ears.

I had enough sense to glance out to see the group of guards similarly disposed of rolling on the floor in pain from the round, I touched my ears feeling blood coming from them, all I could hear was a ringing sound, I looked back to see the little girl looked like she was crying hysterically holding her own ears.

"WELL on the bright side I can't hear you" I Shouted at her.

Hell this was gonna suck major ass, I walked over to Guinevere, I tried to scoop her up when she bit down hard on my left arm.

"GOD DAMN" I shouted pulling my arm from her.

"Oh oh you little." I Said pointing the gun at her.

"NO no killing children." I said to myself.

I looked around the room spotting what I needed, for good measure I fired more concussion rounds out the door, I figured my hearing was shot already. Grabbing the rope I had seen I went to the little brat and carefully trussed her up, hog tied and no worse for the wear I threw the brat over my shoulder, and went back to the door seeing more guards on the floor holding their ears, one I had actually hit blowing off his leg.

"hope your not whats his face." I said as I stepped over him.

Outside the cave.

Morgan had made her way to the top of the falls, where when given the signal she would swoop in to aid in the escape, she was sitting on the rocks near the falls waiting. She had her senses spread out, focusing on the cave, she was using her magic to feel out what was going on, she could get a vague sense of the situation.

Everything seemed to be going well, she even got the humans sense of accomplishment when he found the girl, but something went wrong, in one instant everything seemed to fall apart, chaos had erupted in the cave, and she could feel the anger of the human.

"Hes going to kill the child himself?" She said standing up.

"No no, he just wants too." She said smirking.

She sighed standing from the rocks, getting ready to aid the fool now that his plan had fallen apart, as she stood she felt the swish of the air as an arrow grazed her ear, she had been so focused she had not noticed what was approaching.

"HALT you beast, one move and the next one goes between your ears." The voice said from behind.

She froze as she felt the focus the man was putting on his next shot.

"Boy you know not who you face." Morgan said in a hiss.

"Oh I can sense the dark magic in you, I know you must be Mordred's whore witch" The man said.

"Oh silly little boy, if only you knew who you address." Morgan said turning to face the man.

There emerging from the woods with bow in hand was a young warrior, she could smell blood on him, he was wounded, he gasped when she turned to face him, human males so easily fell to her beauty in this form, but his arrow did not waiver.

"There is a child at risk you fool, and if I do not go to aid in her escape she may die." Morgan said narrowing her eyes.

The knight moved closer arrow focused on her.

"You take me a fool wench? I know that Mordred has contracted the aid of dark magics, including a dragon and a witch." The Knight said.

Morgan sighed.

"I have no time for your foolishness, I have business elsewhere mortal, fire your arrow so I can devour you and go onto my task." Morgan said.

"I Shall not let you harm the child." The knight said moving closer still.

"Are you deaf, I say the child is being rescued by a fool right now, and if I don't go help him she may die." Morgan said pointing toward the falls.

An arrow would hurt, it wouldn't kill but it might delay her enough that the damn fool could die as well as the child.

"Don't act like you care for the child, you are a pawn of Mordred." The knight said.

"I am no mortals pawn, and your right, I DONT care what happens to the human child, but I have an agreement with the fool trying to save her, and I will honor it." Morgan said with fire in her eyes.

He lowered his bow slightly, it would take her in the chest, might just work she thought.

"Swear, swear on your magic that you seek not the harm of the child!" the man shouted.

Morgan growled.

"I Have no time for this" Morgan hissed.

"Swear witch or I fire the arrow" He said raising it back to her head.

"FINE What is your name and I will swear on my magic that I will not harm her if I have your word that you will let me go aid her" Morgan growled.

"I am Galahad, I swear on my honor that if you speak the truth I will let you go unharmed." He said.

"FINE Galahad, I Morgan LeFay, of the Dragon clan Pendragon I swear on my magics that I will not harm the human child ... Happy?" Morgan hissed.

Galahad paled visibly.

"The Morgan LeFay? Enemy of Merlin and Camelot?" He said still holding his arrow aimed at her.

"The one and the same, now I will be going." Morgan said evilly.

In a flash Morgan was back in her dragon form towering over Galahad, she tilted her large head and stared at him.

"You have courage human, I shall look forward to the next we meet and I slay you in combat." Morgan said.

Morgan spread her wings and flapped, sending a gust of wind that sent Galahad flying into the forest, she took to the air, heading away from the falls, to the opening of the cave that lay under the lake near by, it was an alteration to their plan but had to be done.

Back in town.

Marian had made it into the forest near the town, using what she learned from Robin and her Knight she was able to avoid the patrol that had been sent to look for her, she had used her camouflage to remain almost invisible to their patrols. She used the scope on the large rifle to keep track of the movements in the town of the newly arrived knights, they looked to be setting up some kind of ambush, and she suspected she knew just who it was for.

The cave.

"EAT it bitches" Shouted the fool.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.