Second Son - In The Beginning - Cover

Second Son - In The Beginning

Copyright© 2008 by Stegro88

Chapter 3: 1 Month Later

"She is a thing of beauty," Morgan said as they looked out at the ship. Logan, Morgan, Danielle, Ebony and Ling were standing in an observation room watching as the finishing touches were put onto their ship.

"That she is," Logan agreed. They had acquired the ship the day after meeting the girls and it had gone straight into the yards for all its modifications and upgrades. Tomorrow it was going to be launched.

The Sirius-class freighter was a common sight in most areas of Human territory. As a versatile ship it had quickly gained a reputation and so sales had gone up. She was 55m long, 23m wide and 14m high overall with smooth, graceful lines. After the changes that Logan wanted she would have the teeth of a tiger and the grace of a ballet dancer.

"When do we get to go on board?" Ebony asked excitedly. Over the last month, she had been in an almost constant state of excitement about getting on the ship. She had overseen every aspect of the overhaul and made sure that it was all perfect. Now she wanted to see the finished result.

"Tomorrow after she is launched, we can go aboard and make ourselves at home. For now, we need to return home. Morgan and my parents have put together a little going away party for us and we are all required to attend," Logan said calmly, relieved that it was family only and informal; none of them would have to change. He led the girls from the observation room and down to the family runabout that they had used to get up to the shipyards. Danielle took the controls and they smoothly departed.

Logan leaned back into his seat and reflected on the three fembots. He called them girls or ladies now. They weren't like all the other bots he had seen and acted more like humans than some humans he had seen. He hadn't been with them yet either, something about asking them just didn't seem right. He had sparred with them on occasion and found them highly capable in every form of martial arts he knew and a few he didn't. On the range, their accuracy with guns was incredible.

As they neared his mother's estate, he saw several vehicles that he didn't recognise and wondered what that was about. He quickly dismissed it as if it was to do with him, he would find out soon enough. They landed and disembarked the runabout, to be met by his three younger sisters.

As Morgan and he were twins, his three younger sisters were triplets. Born less then a year after them, his mother had named them Hope, Faith and Charity. Logan thought it was funny that no matter what was happening, you could always find the three of them together; they did absolutely nothing without each other around.

"They are waiting for you in the main hall," the triplets said in unison. It had surprised everyone when they had spoken for the first time, as they said the same word in unison. After 16 years of it, everyone was used to it. Though he and Morgan had done it occasionally while growing up, with the triplets, it was always that way, as if it was one mind in control of three bodies.

"Alright," Logan replied and led his group into the house. They made their way down several corridors before finally passing through a large set of double doors and into the main hall. "Hello everybody," Logan said, momentarily surprised when he heard Morgan's voice overlayed with his own.

"Hello to all of you too," Mathew replied. "Come and join us." Logan and his group walked further into the room and looked at all the gathered family and close friends. His father Mathew was standing with his two wives, Dana and Lisa and Dana's children, Robert, Melissa, Brian and Steven, were around them.

His grandfather William was standing with his great grandfather Richard and his great great grandfather John. All three of their wives were off on a cruise and so were unable to attend but did send their best wishes to Logan and Morgan.

Off to one side, stood General Bruno, in charge of House Jacobs' military forces and three others. Logan recognised two of them as Bruno's aids but the third, a young woman, was unknown to Logan. He dismissed her as one of the General's other officers.

The gathering dissolved into a collection of individual conversations until Mathew hit his glass with a spoon to get everyone's attention.

"Everyone, I would like to thank you for attending this little get together so that we can farewell Logan and Morgan. Tomorrow, they depart for adventures unknown and we wish them all the best of luck," Mathew said. "Now, between all of us, we have arranged a selection of gifts for you. I, as the father, will save mine until last. I invite John to present the first gift."

"Thank you Mathew," John said as he stepped forward with a briefcase. Thanks to the Raenil medical knowledge, John looked like a man in his late 50s, despite his almost 120 years of age. "Logan and Morgan, I wish you all the best of luck and pray that you return to us safe. For my gift, I give to you each a necklace and ring that is made from the finest materials and hand made to resemble the name of your ship." He opened the suitcase and it was filled with over two dozen necklaces and rings. The rings were titanium with the top of it embossed with a hammer inside a circle while the necklaces, also titanium, were a ring of titanium with the outline of a hammer inside it.

"Thank you GGGF John, they are beautiful," Logan said as he stepped up to take the now closed briefcase. Richard stepped forward now.

"For my gift, I am giving you each a full setup of firearms. I am sorry that I don't have them here for Morgan and the others of you, but I didn't know what you wanted. Tell me this evening and you will have them before you leave tomorrow. As to Logan, I have your setup here," Richard said. He clapped his hands and one of the estate robots carried in a long wooden case. It laid it carefully on the table before it stepped back out of the way.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.