A Cautious Man - Cover

A Cautious Man

Copyright© 2008 by Coaster2

Chapter 4

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 4 - From boyhood to maturity, Bill Orton was a cautious but very successful man. Successful in every respect except his relationships with the women in his life. Would he ever find what he was looking for?

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Cheating   Safe Sex   Oral Sex   Slow  

Bill picked up the phone on the second ring with his customary business greeting. "Hello, Bill's Repairs, Bill speaking.".

"Hi Bill, it's me."

"Hi Darla, how are you. I was thinking of you. Can I come over tomorrow night?" he said in a quiet voice.

"Uhhhh ... Bill ... that's what I called about." She sounded uncertain, perhaps even unhappy.

"Darla, what's wrong? I can hear it in your voice."

"Bill ... I don't know how to tell you this ... but ... Gordy's back." There was a silence following her shattering statement.

"Oh." It was all he could manage. He knew instantly the consequence of those two words.

"You knew I always thought he would come back, didn't you Bill. We talked about it. We knew what it would mean ... to us," she said, her voice almost a whisper.

"Yes ... yes ... I knew." He paused for a minute. When Darla remained silent he spoke. "I'm happy for you, Darla. I know it's what you wanted. I'm happy for you." He was sincere, even though his stomach was churning and he was suffering the emptiest feeling he had ever felt.

"Thank you, Bill. I won't forget what we had. I will never tell Gordy, but you were what kept me alive these last few weeks. I was dying without him and you saved me. I won't forget that."

"I won't forget you either, Darla. I couldn't if I wanted to. You taught me everything about being a man." He meant what he said. She had been as important to him as he had been to her. They fed on each other and sustained each other. In their own way, they were in love, even though they both knew it could never come to anything.

"You already were a man, Bill. I just helped you find a way to show it. I know you are going to find a good woman someday soon and you are going to make her very happy. I just know it."

"Are you going to be OK, Darla? I mean, you and Gordy? Is he going to stay this time?"

"Yah ... he's back for good. He learned a very hard lesson. Carlotta just wanted him as her servant. She didn't give, she just took. He knew almost right away he had made a mistake. He told me that last night. He's been on his own for months after he left her. He just didn't have the courage to call me and admit he was stupid and made a bad mistake. He didn't think I'd forgive him. Just goes to show you, he didn't really understand me or her."

"That's good, Darla. That's good. I would be very unhappy if he hurt you again. You don't deserve that. You never did. Besides my parents, you are the most loving person I know."

"Stop it, Bill. You're making me cry. I don't want to cry about us. It was wonderful and I want to remember it that way." The tears had come despite her protest. Bill could hear her sobs on the phone.

"I wish you well, Darla. If you ever need anything ... anything at all, you know you can call me ... anytime." It was a sincere offer, but one filled with regret.

"I know. I have to go now. Take care, Bill. I love you." And with that she was gone.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.