Sweet Dreams - Cover

Sweet Dreams

Copyright© 2008 by Donald Holland

Chapter 1

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say," the cop was saying before he was interrupted.

"Yeah, yeah, I know my damn rights!" Monte exclaimed.

Monte is the biggest hustler in town. He had been dealing out drugs since he was 15 years old. The cops have always had their suspicions of his family and later on had enough evidence to prosecute him at the age of 18, but the evidence just disappeared the day before the trial.

Ever since that day, the cops have just been watching over his house. That is until they got an anonymous tip. The man said a deal went wrong and he was sure Monte had drugs on him down on the corner of 6th and Concert. Sure enough there he was. Of course he started running, but with the whole police force on him, there was no escaping and they finally caught him.

"Ha-ha, Monte Jones," said the police captain excitedly. "You know we've been trying to bust your ass for six years now and here you are. You're done boy!"

"You ain't got me now, just like you didn't have me three years ago!" Monte said with cockiness.

"Yeah well tell that to the judge!"

As the captain left, Monte sat in jail rotting away behind the bars. He began to have a flashback of his life ever since the age of 18.

"Monte please don't do this anymore. I can get a job and make money. You don't have to go out and sell anymore! Please, baby!" Mari cried.

Mari was Monte's girlfriend and also the mother of his 2 year old baby girl, Monique. Mari had been against drug dealing from the beginning, but she hasn't had any complaints of how they lived either.

They lived like celebrities. They had their own big white house with a Jacuzzi and pool all in the hills of Hollywood, California.

"I do need to do this Mari. I'm the man of this house. I should be making the goddamn money, not a tramp that can't even get off her ass and clean the house!" Monte yelled.

"Monte, stop it! Where are you going? Come back!" Mari yelled after him.

After he slammed the door and left the house he never looked back. Sitting there thinking about it now, he starts to cry. He hasn't seen Mari or Monique in three years and he feels bad that he left. Now he's ended up in a cell, instead of thinking of his family that he had always dreamed of having.

"Jones," said Officer Kable.

Monte just kept starring down at the baby blue painted floor, tears dripping down off his face, shaking his head.

"Jones!" Officer Kable yelled.

"What?" Monte answered back.

"Your lawyer is here."

"Whatever. You know he ain't gon help me."

The lawyer had Kable open the cell door. A screeching sound came off of the metal to metal contact as the door was opened and then closed. Mr. Hedrick sat next to Monte.

"Man, what the hell did I just say? There is no justice out there for a black man."

"Mr. Jones, I guarantee if I can't get you off of the whole thing, I can at least get you a deal." Mr. Hedrick pushed.

"So what does that mean? Plead guilty or something?" Jones asked.

"Unfortunately, yes," Mr. Hedrick was interrupted.

"See. That's what I'm talkin about. I ain't gon get off of anything. I'm gon set in jail for the rest of my life and rot." Monte said with disappointment.

", But admitting that you done wrong and you know it won't happen again will loosen up the consequences. You don't have to tell me you did anything wrong, but the judge is already with the other side. So what is it going to be?" Mr. Hedrick asked.

There was a long pause. Monte wiped the tears from his eyes. He knew he messed up and it was time to get his life back together, but he wasn't ready for prison.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.