Super Flu - Cover

Super Flu

Copyright© 2008 by dirtycopper

Chapter 24

Action/Adventure Sex Story: Chapter 24 - A virus decimates earths population. This is one rednecks story of survival. Some sex, although that is not the theme. Not a stroke story. First time author, let me know what you think.

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Post Apocalypse   MaleDom   Spanking   Light Bond   Polygamy/Polyamory   White Male   White Female   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Pregnancy  

The next three weeks passed quickly and quietly. Junior spent a little time each day riding around the valley, checking for signs others had found their haven. They also began felling logs and trimming them, deciding to build a log and earth wall across the small gap where they had entered the valley. Junior had made a list, as there were a few things he wanted but didn't have to have, and was considering a "shopping" trip. A large skid steer would make life easier for them, and with all the attachments that went with one it could be used for a variety of tasks. They even had a post hole digger attachment that would make digging the holes to set the posts for the wall much easier. The women had also informed him he hadn't stocked up on nearly enough feminine products.

"We're going to be here for years," Sarah had told him with a smile. "I for one would definitely like to have enough to last a while, and I'm sure the others would appreciate it too."

"Hell, I didn't plan on bringing a harem with me," Junior growled in mock aggravation. "The things a man has to do to keep his women happy," he groused.

Gwen and the twins were doing much better, the girls appearing to have put their ordeal behind them. To all outward appearances the girls were happy vivacious children, running around outside, playing in the trees that surrounded the cabin. Junior and Cole rigged a swing made from a flat board and two ropes and the girls seemed to love it.

Gwen was leaving her room to mingle with the rest of the group. She still had times when she was silent and morose, but they were getting fewer and farther between. When Junior mentioned trying to get to the nearest town of any size and stocking up on some things, Gwen expressed an interest in going. Junior knew she still held out hope that she would find her husband somehow.

Having learned from her that a small group of her husband's tribe were no more than a day's travel from the town he had chosen to visit, he agreed to take her there hoping she could get some word of his fate. After much discussion it was decided that Junior would go, taking Juanita and Jessica, as they would be able to help him fight if they ran into anyone hostile. Gwen would go along, but Morning and Evening Star would remain with Sarah and the rest of the girls. Matt had expressed an interest in going, but had agreed to stay and help Cole defend the little valley if necessary.

Before Junior would consider leaving he wanted to make sure the valley was as secure as possible under the circumstances. Two machine gun pits were fashioned, using rocks and dirt to form protective mounds around them. The gun emplacements would allow the defenders to cover the slope from the gully to the crest of the pass. Rifle pits were fashioned on the hillsides overlooking the pass, and everyone including all the girls, put in a half hour of practice with the M16's daily. Junior was glad he had stocked up on ammo, as they were burning through it pretty fast. They picked up the empty brass, and that he also had plenty of reloading supplies. Junior figured the coming winter months would give them time to reload all the rounds they had used.

Junior planned to take the one of the Humvee's, they had converted both to accept the .50 caliber machine guns, and leave the other with those staying behind. They would also take the big Ford they had come cross country in, hoping to fill the transfer tanks with diesel, and to pull a trailer loaded with the supplies they were picking up. Junior decided to leave the trailer they had brought behind, as finding one to bring back shouldn't be all that big of a deal.

Junior and Gwen rode in the Ford, with Juanita and Jessica following in the Humvee. They left at first light, shopping list in hand, and headed for the closest town, around forty miles away. Getting there shouldn't be a problem, but Junior planned enough time into the trip to make a visit to the Sioux encampment, hopefully getting word of Gwen's husband's fate. So after a few tearful and nervous goodbyes, the group sat out.

As they had planned to be gone for three days, when the sun sat on the third day with no sign of them, the little group in the valley began to worry in earnest. Sarah wanted to head out and begin looking for Junior immediately. Cole wanted to wait for first light, but he too was all for going. Surprisingly, it was Matt, the newest member of the group, who provided a voice of reason.

"Listen, if anyone has a chance out there, it's Junior." He looked around at the faces staring back at him. "I know you've all known him longer than I have, but I've also walked or ridden every inch of this valley with him. Do you know what he was doing the whole time? Planning how he would use any bit of cover, or concealment to his advantage should the shit hit the fan. You don't catch a man that thinks like that off guard."

The others knew he was right, but they still worried. Matt did a little worrying himself. Three days became four, and then five. When the sixth came Matt knew it wasn't long before one of the girls would slip away to look for Junior if he didn't show up soon. He and Cole talked to them that night, promising that if Junior wasn't back by nightfall the next day, they would go look for him on the following day.

This seemed to satisfy them a little, but the girls insisted on taking turns standing watch at the pass. Shelley was stationed in the western gun pit the morning of the seventh day when she heard the growl of an engine coming from the deep ravine. She called the others on the hand held radio, telling them a vehicle was coming up the ravine. Filled with joy she jumped out of the pit to run and meet Junior.

"Shelley, you stay in the pit and keep that gun manned," Cole instructed, knowing how his daughter would react to the thought of her man returning. "What if it's not him?" His voice coming form the radio was pleading.

The thought brought Shelley up short; what if her father was right. Hell, she had even left her AR15 behind. She listened to the sound of the engine growing louder, trying to estimate how far away the vehicle was, a near impossible task as the sound bounced off the sides of the ravine. After a moment she realized it was not one, but several vehicles.

She turned and ran back to the pit, slinging the strap on the AR15 over her shoulder and pulling the charging lever on the .50 cal that sat on its tripod. From here she could just see the start of the bend in the ravine that hid the oncoming vehicles. After a moment the sound of the vehicles ceased, and she tensed even more, ears straining to pick out any sound. She nearly jumped out of her skin when someone stuck a white rag out on a stick, waving it from behind the safety of the dirt wall of the ravine.

"Don't shoot!!!" That was definitely Junior's voice and her heart leapt for joy. Her joy was short lived, as she realized he was not giving the proper passwords that would let them know everything was alright. Junior had drilled it into their heads before he left. When they returned one of them would call on the radio with the phrase, "Honey I'm home." If everything was still secure in the valley they would respond with "The prodigal son has returned".

However, if Junior or one of the other's used the phrase "the prodigal son has returned" it meant those returning were under duress. They had also received instructions just in case they had a radio failure. This involved one of the returning group stopping at a point where those in the valley could identify them and then calling out the appropriate password.

Shelley's hands trembled as she keyed the radio. "The prodigal son has returned." She knew this message, when not proceeded by a transmission from Junior or one of his party, would bring the others running as fast as possible. She drew a shuddering breath and pulled her AR15 off her shoulder, leaning it against the side of the pit.

"All right," she yelled out, "come out where I can see you." Junior stepped out, his hands up at shoulder height. "Shit, this ain't good," Shelley mumbled as she stood behind the .50 cal. Junior took a step forward before stopping suddenly, like someone unseen had called out to him.

"Shelley, that you sweetie. Hey were back. Come on down here and help, the truck's stuck in the sand and we need a little extra muscle." Shelley chewed her lip, hoping the others would get there fast. She noticed Junior kept his hands up high. She remembered the instructions he had given them. If one of them was under duress they would keep their hands above their waist, if everything was ok, they would keep their hands below the waist.

It seemed like an eternity until she heard the pound of hooves and then booted feet running. Matt slid into the pit, his AR15 in one hand, a radio in the other. Shelley briefed him quickly on what had happened, while Junior called out several times, telling them everything was fine, but not giving the proper code words.

"Cole, listen up, doesn't look good. Junior's back, but he's standing in the middle of the ravine, hands up at shoulder height and he hasn't even given any of the passwords." He let up on the button on the radio, studying the scene before him. Junior still stood with his hands up, and it appeared he was talking over his shoulder to someone.

"Shelley, is it alright to come in?" Junior called, still standing his ground. Shelley and Matt could hear the sound of the Hummer behind them as it topped the rise. Sarah was at the wheel and she jumped out, running around the backside of the vehicle and climbing in to man the gun on top. Cole bailed out of the passenger side, jumping into the other gun pit and quickly charging the gun there.

Matt cursed under his breath as Junior shrugged and turned to walk back around the corner. Shelley would have sworn she saw him smile before he did. They waited in tense silence for a few minutes before an unfamiliar voice came over the radio.

"Listen up bitch, we're coming in and you're going to lay down any weapons you have and keep your hands up high. We've got a gun pointed at the head of three people out here and if you make one wrong move they're all dead. Do you understand me?" Shelley sat tensely behind the machine gun until Matt spoke up.

"Shit, look we all know what Junior told us to do. I'm sure he had a plan, so let's go with his instructions." Shelley looked worried but nodded.

She ignored the radio, her hands flexing on the grips of her weapon. Several more calls of the same type were issued before silence finally fell on the pass. The cluster of survivors could hear the cooling tic of the engine on the Hummer, and the buzz of flies, but no other sound was heard.

The sound of a motor cranking, then the roar as it caught startled them all. Everyone tensed, shifting their position to be ready, when the radio crackled again.

"Honey I'm home." It was Junior's voice and it was the code to let them know all was well. Shelley looked at the others, wondering if Junior had been forced to reveal the proper codes. "Hey guys, you did good, now I'm coming in alone so don't anyone shoot." Moments later Junior appeared, his M16 slung over one shoulder and hands held wide below his waist. Shelley wanted to run to him but held her position. She realized she was crying when tears fell onto her hands where they gripped the .50 cal machine gun.

She heard a sob from her right and looked to see tears falling down Sarah's face. They grinned at each other and then turned back to watch Junior nonchalantly stroll to the top of the rise.

"Hey guys, good to see you. Sorry I'm late, but we had a few problems. Luckily, some of Gwen's people found us just in time." He waved toward the ravine and the sound of more engines firing up was heard. Shelley dropped her gun and beat Sarah by half a second, nearly knocking Junior down as she ran into him, wrapping her arms and legs around him. When Sarah got there he was still off balance and the three went down in a pile of kissing, crying, giggling girl flesh.

Junior let them wallow him around a little, enjoying the fact the girls were happy to see him. When they had settled down he untangled himself and stood up, pulling them to their feet one at a time. He got more kisses and hugs and shrugged his shoulders as Matt gave him a sly grin.

"Boy, I guess I should leave for a few days," Matt said with a smile. Sarah stuck her tongue out at him and he laughed. The oncoming trucks broke up the conversation and they stood aside as the first came by. It was the big Ford they had used to come cross country, and it was towing a trailer. The trailer was shorter than the one they had brought cross country, but held a large skid steer on tracks, and several attachments. Next to appear was another pickup, a Chevy this time, pulling a trailer loaded down with lumber. The load was covered with tarps, but was so large the truck was laboring hard by the time it crested the slope. Next in line was a military semi tractor, pulling a box trailer, also carrying military markings.

The three trucks were followed by a twin axle military truck with a canvas covered load, pulling a canvas covered trailer. Behind that was the Humvee, Janice and Juanita waving as they went by. Following that, and bringing up the rear, was a pickup truck, obviously painted with spray paint in a camouflage pattern. The back was full of men in military gear, and of obvious Native American lineage. Gwen was standing in the back, hands cupped around her mouth.

"How are my girls?" she yelled as the truck crawled by.

"They're fine," Sarah called back, pointing toward the house. "They're up at the cabin." Gwen nodded and turned to stand looking over the cab of the truck, eager to see her daughters. She looked a little sad, and Sarah shared a poignant look with Shelley.

"Did she find out anything about her husband?" Shelley asked Junior.

"Yeah, and it wasn't good news," he said sadly. "He made it back to the reservation, but he was shot up pretty bad. He held on for a week but without a proper hospital, well he didn't make it." He looked after the truck, shaking his head.

"I think she knew all along his chances were slim," he added. "She took it hard at first, but she's doing better already. She wanted to visit his grave so that slowed us down a little. Also, we had a run in with a group that is trying to take over this area. They seem to be from Utah, Mormons originally, and some guy up that way they call the Prophet has organized and is trying to lay claim to everything around."

"A dozen or so of them caught us while we were at a gas station getting fuel. They had us surrounded and outnumbered, although the block building made decent cover. They were moving in on us, and some of us would have gotten hurt or killed if Two Bears and his people hadn't showed up and run them off."

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.