Salamander 2 - Cover

Salamander 2

Copyright© 2008 by EMW

Chapter 4

Monday, 26th of November, 2035

D

When I got home, Tish was over, having a chat with Mum. It was really great to see her. I know both Mum and I missed having her and her sister around since they moved out. It had been really nice to have someone who had become such a good friend living with us, and her sister was really nice too. It had been great with the four of us together. When it was just Mum and I it could be a bit lonely. I loved my Mum with all my heart, but she could be very closed off sometimes.

Having Tish and Gwen about had been good, not only for me, but for Mum as well. Mum had taken to Tish immediately, probably seeing a lot of herself in her. She had gone out of her way to help Tish out, and make her feel at home. They got on like a house on fire, with Mum treating Tish like one of the family, which was great. I had always wanted a sister. I also noticed that when Gwen came to stay with us, she and Mum seemed to get on well. Gwen was just a touch older than me and Tish and I think she brought Mum some much-missed adult company.

It was a very sad day when they moved out. I know Mum would have liked them to stay, but I understood Gwen's reasons for leaving. Still, it was a sad few days after they were gone, and the fact that they were extremely busy and couldn't visit was a double blow to both Mum and I. Seeing Tish over, telling Mum all about what she'd been up to was great. I'm sure it lifted Mums spirits a bit.

For myself, I was glad Tish was finally starting at my school, I would get to see her nearly every day.

We chatted about this and that, watched some TV then it got time and Tish had to go. After she left to get home in time for dinner, we made a start on it ourselves. I helped out by chopping stuff up.

I could tell something was on Mums mind, she was distracted and kept forgetting things. She was always like this when something was disturbing her, but she wasn't letting me know what it was. She didn't like to bother other people with her problems, and sometimes she would forget I didn't mind helping her out. I decided to give her a little prod, see if she would let me know what was bothering her.

"What's up Mum?" I said.

Mum frowned a bit then said, "I'm a little worried about Amanda, she has become very nervous of going back to school. She told me some children threw stones at her."

"What! Who?" I asked a little angry.

"She didn't know, they were attacking some boy, and saw her at the window. She hid under a desk till they went away."

"Probably Flint's lot, they can be a bit nasty."

"Well it has made her decide she is better off hiding herself, and though it is very ingenious, I can't help but think she is risking greater trouble later."

"Hmm, she planning on wearing make-up, and gloves to school then?"

"Something like that."

"Well if she hides herself some how won't she get on better?"

"Maybe, I know I'm hardly one to talk, but hiding away doesn't help things. I worry she will swap one fear for another. Look out for her, won't you dear."

"I will Mum."

We finished making dinner and after eating, I made a start on my home work. I wondered what Tish was going to try and do to hide herself. I couldn't think of a way that would be effective. I could understand why she wanted to hide, she had been through a lot, and the prospect of getting beaten up at school was not pleasant. I would have to be ultra focused and try to help my friend through this.

Tomorrow would be her first day at school and I wanted to make sure she enjoyed it, after all what else were best mates for. If it came to it, I would knock the stuffing out of every single one of those anti MORFS tossers rather than let them upset her.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.