Flux - Cover

Flux

Copyright© 2008 by EMW

Chapter 11

(Violet)

I finished giving that silly meddler a piece of my mind then went to find Jo. I just knew both this Ally chick, and that other telepath, were going to try and lock me away permanently. Telepaths were like that, messing with peoples' brains, always sure they were right. Spying on your thoughts like some sort of perverts, using your innermost secrets against you. I resolved that was the last one I had poking around in my head. I wasn't helpless any more, their pitiful mind tricks wouldn't work on me.

Besides, two people in one head was already one too many. As I was wandering around the place not sure of the layout I came across a bathroom. I was a bit dirty from the fight and smashing through the police station so I went in to clean up. While I was washing my hands I took a look at my reflection. My gorgeous new face stared back, but there was something off about it.

'That's odd, it isn't copying my movements.'I thought.

It just stood there regarding me with violet eyes, looking pissed off. I brought my hand up to touch the mirror to check it was actually real. Suddenly, the image stuck its tongue out at me and raised a fist. I jumped back in shock, pushing the mirror a little too hard causing it to shatter. My normal reflection with currently wild, staring, blue eyes looked back at me from the shattered mirror.

'What the hell was that!' I thought quite shaken. The crazy telepath must have messed with my head. I was hallucinating or something.

I decided I better find Jo before I lost it. I found her sat in the main room, watching the telly.

She scowled at me and said, "Which one are you now?"

"Violet," I replied.

Her face brightened and in a flash she was once again the friendly girl I had met at the Jail. She patted the seat next to her, "You're just in time. They are talking about our daring escape."

As I was watching the TV, I noticed a reflection of myself in the screen. My reflection was sitting with her arms crossed looking daggers at me. I tried to ignore it.

The news were just on the part where they were showing the ripped up window we used to escape when my reflection said, Great job idiot, we'll never get to go home now with the mess you made. I just want to go home to Mum and Dad and see my friends, but you've ruined things, they'll lock me in a cage when they catch you.

I turned to Jo, "I think your telepath did something to me, I keep seeing things."

Like she cares! She'll leave you in the gutter as soon as she is done with you. Weren't you even listing to Ally, My reflection said.

"You shut the hell up," I shouted at her.

So you can see and hear me! Finally I get to say what I think about you, you crazy bitch. Get the hell out of my body! she shouted.

It was Jennifer I was seeing! The telepath must have done something so she could insert herself into my perceptions. Now I was going to have to listen to her whining all the time and not just when she was in control. "What do you mean your body? You stole it from me! Now pipe down you whiny cow!"

Make me Bimbo!

Jo was sat watching me with a fairly concerned expression, she had been slowly edging away from me.

"That Ally girl did something, now I keep seeing that useless parasite Jennifer," I said.

A look of fury crossed Jo's face. "ALLY!" She roared.

The girl came running in looking a bit worried. "What?" She asked.

"What did you do to Violet! I told you to get rid of that waste of space Jennifer," Jo shouted. "Don't make me think I'd be better off without you."

"I told you I couldn't do that. I found a link between their minds and I tried to help them use it, but Violet stopped me," she stammered, obviously fairly scared of Jo.

"Well whatever you did has got her hallucinating and talking to her reflection," said Jo.

"Well it must be Jennifer talking through the link. Influencing what Violet sees a bit, so she can make her presence felt."

I leapt to my feet and brandished a fist at Ally, "Undo it, NOW!" I shouted.

The girl jumped back and brought her hands up in a defensive gesture. "I can't it is a fundamental part of your minds, I didn't create the link I just helped Jennifer use it. Both of you would have figured it out eventually anyway," she said pleadingly.

"Grrahh!" I shouted picking up a small coffee table and hurling it against the wall smashing it into kindling. Letting some of my rage out felt good.

Temper, temper, A grinning Jennifer taunted from a reflective surface.

"Shut up, shut up, SHUT UP!" I shouted covering my ears.

Jennifer began laughing, You idiot! That won't do any good, I'm on the inside.

I couldn't take much more of this. Red fringed anger burnt in my mind and in my rage I took drastic measures. I spun around, clamping Ally's throat in one of my hands. She screamed and her fingers scrabbled against my vice like grip.

Leave her alone you beast! Jennifer screamed.

"You shut the hell up or I'll snap your little friend here's neck like a toothpick," I threatened.

Jennifer's image regarded me from a reflection with hate and disgust. I knew you were a monster, an evil sadistic bully just like Mark or Brian or Flint. If I didn't want to live so much I'd kill myself to stop you from hurting more people.

She vanished, my normal reflection replacing her face a mask of rage glaring at me. That image and Jen's words chilled me, was she right had I become like the people that had made my life hell in school. Lost in thought it took the increasingly frantic scrabbling of the girl Ally to rouse me. Dropping her like a hot coal I stared at my hand as if it were something alien as my victim collapsed to the floor gasping for air. I looked at her terrified face and I felt sick inside, what was happening to me.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.