Flux - Cover

Flux

Copyright© 2008 by EMW

Chapter 10

(Ally)

I took Jennifer into the small kitchen and got her some tea. Serving her a plate of sandwiches I watched in amazement as this skinny girl demolished all of them. After she had munched her way through a couple of plates full of food and was still hungry, I was trying to find her something else vaguely edible when a furious Jo stormed into the kitchen.

"You're feeding her!" she said, with so much incredulity as if she had just found me painting the ceiling with marzipan. "Why are you wasting time with her, get Violet back and kick this useless hanger on to the curb," she poked her finger at the flinching Jennifer who looked close to tears again.

"I'm not sure that's possible. Besides they share the same stomach so feeding Jennifer is the same as keeping Violet fed," I reasoned, but I could tell she wasn't seeing things my way.

"Just get in her head and sort it out. And you!" She said jabbing a finger at Jennifer again. "You better cooperate. Or I'll see that Jeff makes things very uncomfortable for you."

She stormed off, I turned to Jennifer, "I'm sorry, I better try to do what she says, for both our sakes."

She looked at me with tears in her eyes, "Please, I don't want to hurt people anymore."

"Hey it's alright," I said taking her by the shoulders. "Maybe I can help you two to sort out some sort of deal. Like it or not you are stuck with each other."

I gently took her hand and once again and tried to slip into her crowded head. I saw more clearly now the twin nature of her brain. I saw that the two minds where not completely separate two slim pathways linking them together. The links were currently dormant, but I guessed that as the two of them learned themselves better, they would be able to communicate. I decided to give them a helping nudge to speed up the process. I gently helped Jennifer's mind to activate the path to Violets. Then I tried to do the same for Violet, on feeling my presence near her mind she stirred from her sleep-like state, like an angry snake.

"Oh, no she's wak... " Jennifer's voice trailed off in mid sentence.

I saw the tell tale shift of her eyes as Violet took over, their face contorting into anger. "Get out of my head! I felt you trying to kill me or something, what is it with you telepaths why can't you leave people alone!"

She sprang at me, I just barely managed to dodge out of the way, "I was only trying to help. Besides, you are out now, which is what Jo wanted. Why don't you go talk with her about what she wanted you for."

"Fine just stay out of my head in future or you'll regret it. It doesn't matter how much cry baby Jen may like you, it means nothing to me," she said stomping out of the room.

I sat down, relieved by her departure, and worried about what to do about poor Jennifer. I wasn't sure there was much I could do about helping her with her sister, but I could try and be a friend when she was around. I doubted any of the others would be friendly towards her. As far as they were concerned, she was dead weight.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.