Flux
Chapter 16: Jen

Copyright© 2008 by EMW

After another boring day locked in a room with nothing to do they opened the door only to let Violet out to play their stupid games. I just knew it was going to end with us in jail that's for sure.

Same as the previous day they led us down to the exit and out to the van, Violet again making sure I didn't find the code, then it was off to their latest criminal endeavour. We rode in the back Violet sitting as far away from Ally as possible I think just to spite me. It backfired on her somewhat as she sat next to Dave who kept "inadvertently" rubbing against us when ever we went round a corner.

We reached the target street before Violet completely lost her rag and did something painful to Dave but it was a close run thing.

"OK Ally give us some cover," Jo shouted back.

Ally closed her eyes and held her hands out in front of her. I watched out the rear windows as a thick fog seemed to swirl into existence around the van and the streets near us. When she was done it was thick enough that you could barely see a few meters in front of you a real pea souper.

We all piled out of the van except for Ally. I guess Ally was too occupied providing our smoke screen. We all followed Jo into an side road leading down the back of what looked like some offices.

"OK let's go over the plan," said Jo, "Our target is that cash and loan place 4th down the only three story place. Jeff will distract the people to keep them down stairs and out of the way. I'll disable their security system and cameras, while you three get to and retrieve the safe in the back room on the third floor. Everyone got it?"

"Yes boss," Ed and Dave chorused and I felt Violet nodd, Jeff just scowled.

"Alright let's go!"

Dave took off into the fog and began scrambling up the side of the buildings leaping from purchase point to purchase point roof to roof like some sort of crazed monkey or amped up squirrel.

Ed turned to Violet and said, "Try to keep up super stripper."

The he began walking towards the building each step he took he bounced higher and higher like he was walking on the moon. He lept into the air gliding in a smooth graceful arc perching himself on a very thin looking railing a couple of metres in the air that shouldn't have been able to support his weight. He continued to bounce and float from one improbable stop to the next. Gliding like a martial arts film where the actors were on wires.

Violet made a huffing noise then took off after him. She lept into the air at full force shooting along like she had been shot out of a cannon. She landed against a wall with a crunch using her strength to hold on but knocking several bricks loose in the process. She imitated the leaping from building to building that Ed was doing only with her it was less a graceful smooth leap more a powerful leap and heavy impact stopping herself falling with sheer strength. As she got the hang of it she got better at the landing aspect and absorbed some of the impact making her transit less noisy and less destructive.

It was still an amazing feeling even if I was only a passenger. I could feel how much Violet was enjoying exercising her power in this way. It made me a bit annoyed that while my crazy twin could leap between buildings, I had no powers.

We reached the target building fairly quickly Dave scrambling over the top and onto the roof, Ed gently touching down and Violet slamming down with enough force to crack some of the roof tiles.

"We are trying to be stealthy!" Ed shot at her looking annoyed.

Pah he's just jealous because you kept up, I said which cause Violet to giggle.

Dave moved over to the edge staring down, Violet moved over to join him and we could see Jeff and Jo approaching the building from the ground. Jeff moved closer to the front while Jo approached a conduit of cables running up the side of the building. A blaze of sparks surounded her and flowed into the wiring. The lights in several buildings and on the street flickered then there was the smell of burning plastic. A small alarm box on the side of the building was smoking the casing black in parts. I couldn't help but think that Jo's disabling technique for cameras was more like a completely frying everything technique.

She looked up and signalled us, Dave returned a salute then we all swung back towards the roof access door. Dave slipped a small piece of metal down the side of the lock and jiggled the handle soon the door snapped open and we were inside.

Dave went on ahead Ed followed him with Violet making up the rear. Inside the building it seemed to be someone's home a simple living room and dinning room with fairly old style but nice quality furniture greeted us. Dave led us deeper into the building to a more secure looking door, he moved aside and Ed moved in pulling a small pack of lock picks from a pocket. He fiddled with the locks for a while pulling various picks in and out his motions very delicate and careful which seemed out of place for someone with his beefy frame.

Eventually he opened the door with a click and we moved in. Behind the door was an office and workshop lots of things like jewellery all in various states of cleaning. Dave pulled out a large duffel bag and handed it to Ed who began stuffing handfuls of stuff in it.

Violet was staring at a camera on the wall that was still smoking and had gotten so hot it's plastic casing had melted. I didn't like this at all surely someone would have noticed their security system exploding and now someone robbing their secure office they were sure to catch us.

"Oi sweet cheeks," said Dave snapping her out of her revere, "Grab the safe!"

This is a bad Idea Violet! Up until now we would have got maybe a few months or maybe even community service but now we're going to get hard time! I tried reasoning with her.

"Shut up Jen!" she muttered, then louder to Dave she said, "Where is it?"

"How am I supposed to know?" shrugged Dave and started helping Ed shoving random loot into their swag bags.

Violet looked round the room and found a large door set into the wall she opened it up and sure enough there was a large safe behind it bolted securely to the floor. Just as she was puzzling out what to do there was a noise in the hall.

"Theives!" a voice cried. The sound of a door slamming shut, "Ha you filthy rats you can just stay in there till the coppers get here!"

Dave rushed to the door but it was shut securely they must have braced it perhaps even anticipated thieves breaking in that way and then just locking them in till the cops showed up. It was a lot easier than trying to apprehend someone yourself.

"Get your sweet arse over here and kick that door down!" cried Dave at Violet.

Violet took a couple of steps in the direction of the door then paused thinking. She eyed the reinforced windows then the walls between them and I had a nasty feeling I knew what her next move would be.

"No why give him a better chance to get a look at us, I'm going to take the other exit," she said.

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.