Looks Can Be Deceiving - Cover

Looks Can Be Deceiving

Copyright© 2008 by David Caspian

Prologue

The Ilaran's conquest of this new world was expected to be quick and total. The Primals, as they were called, had no distinctive technology and shouldn't have stood a chance. They were humanoids who lived in huts and caves. Not one Primal weapon had registered on the Ilaran scans of the planet. Clothed in animal skins that covered key areas of their bodies, their technology would have been rudimentary at best.

Landing their forces the Ilaran an insectoid race attacked the Primal settlements with state of the art weaponry. Firing energy projectiles that ripped apart dwelling they found nothing under the devastation. No Primals appeared from them, thus none ran into the surrounding forests and jungles that surrounded each settlement. The Ilaran were at a loss as to what to do. They no longer had a plan of action. Everything had been built on the assumption that the Primals would have been caught by the surprise attack.

Some of the Ilaran commanders, who were in charge of each of the four regiments, numbering a thousand strong each, ordered a search. Reporting in on their progress they expected no real danger. While this might have been a nuisance, it was a temporary one. What they didn't know was the further they went into the trees the worse their communication with their ships overhead.

The attacks came in perfect unison as Primals burst forth as soon as the Ilarans were far into the wilderness. Now the Ilarans could not call for back up and faced an enemy they had never truly seen. Primals, who days before had stood 6 foot on average. The Ilarans themselves were no bigger than that, ranging from 5 foot to a little 5'9. The Ilarans consisted of every color except white outside of their pupae stage in their early life.

What the Ilarans faced now was not 6 foot individuals but twenty foot behemoths with hands spanning over thirty inches in length. With those monstrous hands the Primals picked up the defending Ilarans and hurled them into the trees. Some Ilarans struck branches and trunks with an audible crunch, while others flailed all six of their legs before died on impact with the ground.

Ilarans chittered in high pitched noises that acted as their form of screaming. The air itself seemed full of their sounds as the smart ones broke and ran. Those who stood and fought found that tossing their enemies, was not the only tools of death the Primals could dish out. One Primal grasped a large boulder in his right hand, ripping it from the earth. Three Ilaran armored transports fired on him in unison, but he merely shrugged them off. Aiming at the middle one he hurled the boulder with the full weight of his arm.

The Ilaran commander inside didn't even have time to cry out before his entire vehicle was totally crushed by the boulder. One the transports joined the fleeing infantry while the other lay down cover fire. Green blasts of energy, made to take out entire squads struck Primal skin trying to keep him back. A second Primal burst from the trees and grabbed a hold of the transport. Metal gave under the male Primal's fingers and if it were nothing.

With a single effortless pull of his arm he ripped the outer casing open, and exposed the personnel inside. The Ilaran crew desperately used rifles and pistols to fire into his face and neck, hoping to stop him. Angered by the slight sting of each shot, which never once even managed to mark his impenetrable skin, the male began to smash the vehicle into the ground with both hands. Metal crunched and bent and soon the equal annoying chittering from inside the transport became silent.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.