Sometimes Love... - Cover

Sometimes Love...

Copyright© 2008 by Joe J

Chapter 1

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 1 - Rocky loved Carrie and she loved him. That should have been the end of it, but like the song says "Sometimes Love Just Aint Enough".

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Mult   Romantic   Polygamy/Polyamory  

" ... I could never change you,
I don't want to blame you,
Baby you don't have to take the fall.
Yes, I may have hurt you,
But I did not desert you,
Maybe I just wanted to have it all..."

"Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough" by Don Henley

Rocky picked up his cell phone and turned it on as he held a cold can of soda against his cheek. Once his old but reliable phone powered up, it chimed that he had a voice mail. Rocky already knew who it was from. In fact, he could picture his wife Carrie impatiently drumming her perfectly lacquered fingernails against the polished walnut surface of her antique desk when his cell phone sent her immediately to voice mail. He hit the retrieve message button and listened to the recording.

"Damn it, Rocky, I hate it when you keep your cell phone off," she'd said peevishly into the phone. Then her voice softened, "I've got a big presentation at three, and I need to talk to you beforehand. Call me please, I love you."

Rocky knew that Carrie loved him to death, yet his refusal to leave his cell phone on all the time irritated the hell out of her. Of course, in her heart, she knew that he'd call her back before the meeting. He had never let her down in the six years they'd been married, and she would know he wouldn't this time either. It was easy for Rocky to know she loved him, because before he came into her life, her longest relationship had barely lasted six months. She swore to him that he was the best thing that ever happened to her, and that she planned on being married to him for the rest of her life.

Carrie was the Director of Market Research for Brown and Manfried Advertising. She was one of only four department heads in a company of over two hundred employees, and the youngest to boot. She claimed that her career success was more Rocky magic. Oh sure, she had done the work and earned the promotions, but it would have never happened without her husband's encouragement and advice. When she met Rocky, she had been marking time out in a cubical, waiting for quitting time so she could go out and party. Rocky settled her down, gave her focus and her career had skyrocketed.

While Carrie was pensively reviewing her presentation on her laptop one more time waiting for his call and Rocky had been trying to clear his head as he groggily arose from the ground. He was on the ground as a result of a wicked right cross delivered by a pissed off, six foot, three inch, two hundred and fifty pound framing carpenter he had just fired. Rocky caught the man drinking on the job, and immediately canned him. The big carpenter had taken exception to being fired, and laid Rocky out.

One of the newer, younger, framers looked incredulously at the other carpenters on the job, because the men made no move to help their boss. One of the older men gave him a slow smile.

"There's a lesson in this for you, sonny, just watch and learn; sometimes it ain't the prettiest horse that wins the race," the old carpenter advised.

The younger man didn't see how much of a lesson could be taught there that day, not when the boss was twenty years older, four inches shorter, and at least fifty pounds lighter than the man he had fired. Get an education he did, though, as Rocky picked himself off the ground and commenced to spend the next five minutes kicking the bigger man's ass all over the job site.

Rocky made sure the man he fired was off the job site before pulling out his cell phone and turning it on. Once he listened to Carrie's message, he hit two on his speed dial and called her cell. He smiled at the pleasure in Carrie's voice, when she found it was him calling.

"I'm sooo glad you called, Baby. I'm really nervous about this presentation," she said.

"I know you are, Honey, but you're well prepared and as ready as you'll ever be. Lay it all out like you rehearsed and answer their questions honestly. It'll be over before you know it," he replied, "and you'll be great. I know it."

They talked for a couple of minutes longer, with Rocky making sure she felt much better by the time they hung up. He knew he was the rock upon which her life was anchored. As a matter of fact, her whole family depended more and more on him. When there was a problem in her large and raucous extended family, they all turned to him for the solution. She told him once that he was The Man, no doubt about it, and that him being her man made it all the better.

Rocky had no doubts whatsoever that Carrie would pull off the presentation. He could almost see her as she stood and turned towards the full-length mirror, tucked out of anyone's sight except hers, between her bookcases and studied her reflection. When she was promoted, Rocky snuck one of his crews into her new office on a weekend and remodeled it as a surprise for her. The mirror was a touch he knew she'd appreciate, because Carrie was more than a little vain about her appearance. She had a right to be, he thought, because she was an attractive woman. She had medium length auburn hair, expressive brown eyes and a generous mouth. When she smiled, her face lit up and that made her even prettier.

Yes, her face was pretty, but her body was incredible. Carrie stood five-seven and weighed one hundred twenty-eight pounds. She was trim and toned with medium B cup breasts, shapely legs, a washboard stomach and a butt to die for. Carrie had attended college on an athletic scholarship. She played varsity soccer and volleyball and was a starter in both sports until a knee injury in her senior year ended her competitive career. She worked out like a fiend to keep her body in the same delectable condition it had been back then.

The possessiveness that Carrie felt towards him was a part of her nature that detracted from all her positive qualities. Carrie was self-centered and materialistic, and Rocky was her prized possession. Yes, she loved Rocky, but she loved herself even more. Another reason Rocky was perfect for her was that he indulged her to the point that she now felt entitled to have whatever she wanted, whenever she wanted it. Carrie was spoiled rotten and everyone knew it. Rocky was partly to blame because he spoiled her himself. It pleased him that she needed him. The more he indulged her, the more she needed him. It became a vicious circle and neither of them could foresee the consequences.

While Carrie was preparing for her presentation, Rocky was headed back to his office to clean up and change his shirt. His face was swollen and hurt like hell. He knew he looked even worse than he felt. As soon as he walked through the front door of the restored two-story house that served as his office, Maria, his office manager, jumped up in alarm.

"Good God, Rocky, what happened to you?"

"I fired Tim Wilson for drinking on the job. He didn't take the news well."

In spite of her concern, Maria had to laugh at Rocky's understatement. Rocky could make her laugh no matter how bad she felt. It had been that way from the first time she met him when she applied for her job. She had been in desperate straits then, a young single mother with a two-month-old baby daughter. She had been leery of his kindness; afraid he was just one more man out to take advantage of her. Of course her fears turned out to be groundless. Instead, Rocky became her knight in shining armor. By the end of her first day as an employee of Simmons' Construction, Maria and child were ensconced in the apartment above the offices, as Rocky and two female drywall finishers stocked the refrigerator. Within six months, she was enrolled in the local community college, working on her business degree. Now, four years later, she practically ran the company.

While Maria was poking through the first aid chest looking for a cold pack, a tiny dark haired dervish in a yellow dress came tearing into the room and wrapped herself around Rocky's leg. Rocky swooped down, picked the little girl up and swung her around as she squealed with glee. Maria found the ice pack and crushed it to activate the fluids inside. She peeled her daughter, Amanda, off Rocky and sat him in a chair to minister to him. Amanda was big-eyed as she took in Rocky's battered face. She held his hand and told him he'd be all right, because her mommy could make any boo-boo better. Maria hid a smile when she noticed Rocky's eyes light up at Amanda's solemn declaration. Her boss was a big softy, no matter how macho he appeared outwardly, and Amanda had his number.

Maria Lopes had a pretty face and waist length, raven black hair. She was petite, with breasts almost disproportionately large for her frame. Her body was not as good as Carrie's, but then not many women's were. Yet she knew she was attractive and she did nothing to hide the fact, especially around Rocky. For his part, Rocky looked but did not touch. Rocky was as faithful to Carrie as an old dog. Still, his affection for Maria was real, and he felt a genuine warmness in his heart towards her.

Rocky hung out at the office for the remainder of the afternoon, catching up on some paperwork and working on job schedules. At five he turned off his computer, kissed Amanda goodbye and headed home. As he aimed his pickup towards his house, Rocky grinned at Amanda's antics that afternoon. He loved children and had enjoyed the hell out of raising his two from his first marriage. Now they were both out on their own, and the prospects of grandchildren seemed far in the future. He'd love to start another family with Carrie, but she had been adamant from the beginning of their relationship that she wasn't interested in becoming a mother any time soon. Oh well, he sighed; he loved Carrie too much to make an issue of it. Amanda was a wonderful surrogate daughter. He smiled again, just thinking about her and her mother.

Life was good to Rocky. He loved his job and the people he worked with, especially since Tim Wilson was no longer in his employ. Both Maria and Amanda added a little spice. Yep, life was good to Mr. Rocky Simmons.


Carrie was in a very good mood when she walked into Clancy's Pub at six that evening. Her presentation had been a big success so she had something to celebrate. It would have been even better if Rocky could have made it but she understood when he begged out because he'd had a rough day. A number of her coworkers were already there, and had pulled two tables together. Clancy's was an upscale pub with a nice menu and a congenial atmosphere. Carrie slipped into a chair and ordered a glass of Chablis as she joined in the conversation at the table. Most of the partiers were from the creative side of the company, so the conversation was lively. As they talked, Carrie noticed that one of the women was new. She was a tiny elfin-faced cutie, but seemed awfully shy. Carrie introduced herself.

"Hi, I'm Carrie Simmons. You must be new. Welcome to the monkey house."

The new woman gave Carrie a shy smile and extended her small hand.

"Amy Bridger. I just started Monday as a copywriter."

When she took Amy's hand in hers, she felt that tingle she used to get when a woman captured her interest. Carrie was decidedly bisexual; she had as many female lovers in her past as males. Amy Bridger was exactly the type of woman to whom Carrie had always been drawn. She loved the small quiet ones; they were always such a challenge to seduce. Carrie and Amy talked on and off for a couple of hours, and found they had loads in common. They liked the same music; had the same taste in clothes and had even attended the same university. They left Clancy's as fast friends, with plans for lunch the next day. Carrie was excited about finding a new friend that shared many of her interests. Carrie loved her sisters, but more and more all they talked about was their kids, so it was nice to have a woman with whom to talk to about other things.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.