Little's Life - Cover

Little's Life

Copyright© 2008 by Deenara2000

Chapter 7

The next afternoon, the little city of River's T saw not one, not two, not three, but four dragons land at the South gate, the biggest of it's gates.

Martin, Ray, and the other Elites were waiting, as was most of the town. What they saw first was a young looking women jump from the back of the smallest dragon and wait. Then another slightly older looking woman slide to that ground and waited. The two looked to the remaining two dragons.

Seleena was the first to change from dragon to human. She could hear shrieks and gasps from the crowd, and then she saw Martin, and ran to him as he stood there with open arms. She kissed him with a long, passionate kiss. Finally, she broke the kiss and pulled away from Martin just a little bit; she turned and looked to the last remaining dragon.

Little had stood there as he watched his mother and he was happy for her. He looked down into his claws and saw the face of all he loved most smiling back at him. Then he too let himself flow into change until once again he stood as a human; with Riana in his arms, they looked into each other's eyes before engaging in a smoldering kiss of their own.

Cheers erupted from the crowd as they saw the child they thought they knew, and then gasped as she began a lover's kiss with the dragon man.

It was at that time a wagon came to a sliding stop and several people jumped out. "Riana! Riana!" Madeline yelled as she ran to her daughter.

Riana broke the kiss and as she turned and spied the people running toward her and cried out, 'MOMMA!"

Little set his wife down and let her transfer to her mother's arms as the two dissolved into hugs and tears. Tim, with little Ally in his arms, was there too and after hugging Riana, and her mother both, Tim took Little's hand, and drew him into a hug. Little took Ally into his arms for a moment as she giggled and cooed. Then she wanted back into her new father's arms.

By the wagon, several children were looking into the crowd trying to find faces that they knew. Brad had helped Holly and they were helping the others when they heard several names called from the crowd. "Hanna!" "Jacob!" "Billy!" The last being, "Holly!"

A chorus of poppa's and momma's, rang out from the children as they ran to their parents who had pushed their way to the front of the crowd. Holly too ran to her father but after a quick hug took his hand and drugged him back to the wagon.

"Daddy this is Brad, he was taken too but his brother over there came to take him back. Brad helped me and made me feel safe. Can I keep him daddy, please!"

Jeff was so happy to see his daughter that he all most missed what she had said, almost. "I think that would be for him to decide and his parents, love. But I am very grateful that he was there to help you." Then the rest of it caught up to him. "His brother? Who?" Jeff paled a bit.

"The one that was holding Riana. That's his sister, she's going to marry the one that came, got us from the baddies, and made all the ouchies go away," Holly said with pride then burst into tears and hugged her father some more.

Jeff was relieved, then turned his attention to the boy in front of him, and was going to say something when there was a loud clap of thunder. He and everyone else turned to the two dragons still standing there. It was the biggest that spoke.


Sarrone watched as the reunions went on and was pleased. He looked to Pae and she was just beaming with joy. He looked at his two children, felt his chest fill with pride, and love for them as well. Now, it was time to tell the city what it needed to know, and then for him to take his wife home. His leg still ached where the little guard had managed to stab him with a spear in a very inconvenient place.

Therefore, with a wink to his wife, who covered her ears, and smiled, Sarrone brought his wings up, and together making a loud clap of thunder.

"People of River's T, I am Sarrone. My mate, my children, and I greet you this day with good news. First, of the return of those who were taken both from here and elsewhere. The second is that of the death of an evil mage. He is no more and can never harm this place again!"

There was a great cheer with this news. Then Sarrone watched as the man Seleena had been holding stepped forwards and raised his hand to the crowd that quieted some.

"Greetings to you great sky Lord. I am Martin of the Kings Elite and I welcome you to this city. Your news is a salve to this city. We have lived with its evil and are going to live even better without it. To you and yours, I say thank you and welcome," Martin said loudly so that all could hear him. Then he bowed to Sarrone and the others, as did all of the Elites. When he stood back up he continued, "Tonight is a night for celebration, as we welcome back those that were taken and given back, and to those that have been lost and will not return, we will celebrate their lives."

More cheers came from the crowd as people began to like the idea. Soon tables came followed by chairs and benches. The field to both sides of the gate seemed filled with the people from the city. Even little Mrs. Nomy came to see them. There was a large area made ready for Sarrone and his family but Gar decided he wanted to mingle so shifted into his human form.

By evening, there was food of all kinds, and everyone took part in the celebration. The remainder of Ray's squad arrived and were greeted as heroes.

People were so pleased to see some of those taken, returned that they didn't even wander to ask how it was done. Brad of course was telling everyone how "Mr. Lee" had saved him and the others from the bad men. Little was a bit embarrassed, because Brad added a few to the total number of men. In truth, Little didn't care as long as Riana was in his arms.

There were a few that asked what had happened and told the tale, with the help of Sarrone, Pae, Gar, and Tara of how "Lee," was able to get free and kill Leuf before he could complete his work of steeling Riana's power. People knew there was more but what they were told was enough for them.

Then Riana looked up at Little. "Little, I don't want to wait. I want you to marry me right now, right here."

"I would love to but there might be some that wouldn't understand, even with the change."

"I don't care what others think. What are they going to do about it? Nothing. That's what. You're a dragon; your mom's a dragon. Your uncles are in the Elites and your cousins are more dragons. I don't think anyone is going to say anything about it," stated Riana. She was reveling in the feel of her new self and the changes that had taken place.

"She's right you know," said Tim from where he sat with Madeline. It was clear that he had just a bit too much to drink of the local spirits and had a silly look on his face. "No one would say anything for fear that you would sit on them." That was all Tim could say as he started laughing before he got an elbow in the side from Madeline, making him spill his drink, but she was laughing a little too.

Madeline looked at her changed daughter, "Sweetheart, he is right that no one would care." Then her voice changed, "but I think before you do you need to tell the rest of us what happened."

Riana looked at her mother then at the others. Tim was seated with Madeline, holding a sleeping Ally. Seleena with Marten; with Uncle Ray near by. There was also one of Marten's sons and his daughter sitting behind them. Then there was Sarrone and Pae with their two children, Tara and Gar. Riana smiled when she looked towards her little brother to see him sitting next a cute little girl named Heather with her father next to them. The kids were in a world of their own with the father just looking both happy, and stunned to be where he was. The last that was included in their little group was little Mrs. Nomy, who had always felt like a grandmother to Riana, and her family, so she was more than welcome.

Riana looked up into the eyes of her beloved and felt the world stop as she held the love that filled her heart, and her being.

"She's right my love, it is time," Little said.

"I know," she turned back to the group. Riana took a deep breath and began. "It is hard to tell as parts of it were so ... so terrible. That awful vile creature almost succeeded in what he wanted to do. When he first took me from the keep, I don't think he knew what I was but then I'm not sure. I started fighting his spells, though I didn't know what I was doing. That's when he transported us back to his place and set me on a warded table. He tried to weaken me by taking my energy but I fought him. There was another man that came in a few times and I think it might have been Greggor's father. He looked like Greggor anyway, only older.

Anyway, I would fight; the nasty man would come back, cast some more spells, and get angry. I liked it when he was angry. His spells were weaker when he was mad.

I felt Little a few times, then I think I broke one of the spells, and I really could feel him. I screamed for him. I knew he was coming for me. I heard a crashing noise, then I felt something hit me like a brick, and I passed out."

"Most likely it was a spell. When I heard you call me, I just went into a crazed... , I don't know what I was thinking. Part of me knew it had to be a trap but I just couldn't stop thinking of getting you back," Little said and tightened his hold of Riana as she sat in his lap.

Riana closed her eyes for a moment to feel the love pouring to her from Little. The she sighed. "When I woke I saw Little. He was bounded in chains and laying on the floor. I tried to get free but couldn't because I held tight and not just by spells either. Then the nasty man moved from where he was sitting and told me what he wanted from me..."


"You have the potential to be the greatest power in the world and I want that power! You can save yourself by helping me. Let me teach you the ways and we will rule the world!"

"When my husband wakes up, he's going to destroy you!"

"Oh you mean this creature here," then the monster kicked Little, Little started to wake, and moaned in pain. "I have him bound as I have you child and your pet dragon here can't do anything. The chains are dragon iron and no dragon can break them. But then I have something else," the man held up what looked like a tooth, "Do you know what this is? No? Good. This is a thorn from an old plant that is said will kill a dragon with even the smallest of cuts. I don't think that is the case; I'm hoping it's not. Shall we test it?" The man started to turn.

"NNNOOOOO! Leave him alone!"

"Then agree to be mine!"

"I can't do that. Please just let us go!"

"I will have you. I will take your power and even your very soul. Agree to be with me and I will let him live."

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.