Little's Life - Cover

Little's Life

Copyright© 2008 by Deenara2000

Chapter 2

Riana was up early as usual and had breakfast for everyone ready. When she finished eating, she hugged her mother, kissed her baby sister, ruffled the hair of her brother just because he hated it, and left.

It looked beautiful today weather wise, and promised to be an even better day when she got to the Mrs. Nomy's shop. On her way, she heard how some young man had taken out Greggor, and his gang but everyone knew it wasn't going to last long. There was also some talk about another set of kidnappings, a boy, and a girl. Riana shivered and continued to make her way to Mrs. Nomy's.

Mrs. Nomy was already busy when Riana got there so Riana decided to wait for the next break and went straight to work.


It was midmorning when Little got to Mrs. Nomy's shop. Riana was hard at work. He chuckled as he listened to the little musical notes that came from her.

"One moment." Little heard as he walked in.

"That's ok. Take your time."

"MR. LEE!" Yelled Riana as she ran from the back and jumped into his arms. "I missed you," Then she planted a big kiss right on his check. For the first time in a long while Little blushed.

"Riana stop mobbing the man," Mrs. Nomy chuckled. "If you get done with what you're doing, I'll let you go early and you can take your bread home."

Little gave Riana a kiss on the forehead and put her down. She ran back into the back. Mrs. Nomy had watched her leave then turned back to Little, the smile that was there before was gone.

"Now I have three questions for you and I want the truth."

"All right," Was all Little would say.

"First, what happened at Mr. Carrick's shop?"

"Has Riana told you any of it?"

"She didn't want to. She got very quiet and a little scared. She said something about him selling her or trying to sell her rancid bread. I know there's more and I want to know, now!"

"Mrs. Nomy," Little said quietly, "luckily nothing happened. I had stopped to take care of something but by the time I got there, she was scared, and had run from the shop. When we went back Mr. Carrick kept looking at Riana like she was on the dessert menu."

"Why that son-of-a ... I'll take care of that. My cousin's been sick. I've suspected he ... Don't worry; I'll take care of it. Now why did you slip me the gold piece?"

Little chuckled again, "Because you deserve it. You look after Riana and I'm sure others. I need to arrange for two loaves a week to go to Riana for the time of one year. We can see later how things go if I need to do more."

"Wow!" Mrs. Nomy said, "Why?"

"Is this your third question? I'll answer it anyway. Riana is special. I know you know this. Her family is also adorable. This is my way to give them a little extra breathing room. Without you having to cut into your living."

Mrs. Nomy looked the young man over again and wished she were young again.

"Two rumors started this morning the first, one of the bigger gangs was taken out yesterday. The second is two children were taken." She paused and saw Little's face darken and a light flashed behind his eyes. "I want to know what you were thinking taking on that gang by yourself?"

Little's started laughing so badly that his sides started to hurt before he could get control of himself. "And what makes you think I had anything to do with that gang?"

"I'm old not stupid. Just be careful walking around town. They'll be looking for you. If they see you with Riana they might go after her and her family."

"Mrs. Nomy that is something I am aware of. You have my word that I will take care. I would not want to bring harm to that family." Little lowered his voice again. "In fact if things go the way I hope Riana and her family will be away from here and safe. I would tell you more but I have not worked everything out yet."

"Tell me what you're planning anyway and don't try to make something up, I've seen the way you look at her, and I can already see the crush building on her side. That girl is special and I don't what her hurt."

Little looked at Mrs. Nomy as if she had just dunked him in a river of ice water. He also knew the truth of her words; he was momentarily ashamed of himself, and looked away. When he looked back, he saw that Mrs. Nomy didn't condemn him but the look said clearly that she wanted the truth.

"I know you know that Riana is special but you don't know just how special she is. Know I would never harm or hurt her in any way. But from the moment I met her she has..." Little looked away again.

"She touched your heart," Mrs. Nomy finished. When Little nodded, she continued, "How can a grown man want a baby like her?"

Little began to shake a bit. That was not a good thing. If he couldn't get control of himself, he would loose hold of his human form.

"I would never, ever chase a child! What I feel is ... utterly indescribable. Riana is too special and is in danger, both from others and herself," Little paused and shook himself, "When she is older and she is safe, other things will be her choice to make."

Mrs. Nomy watch as the young man fought a battle within himself and soon the trembling stopped and he stood quite.

"You will take care of her, of them all, her mother and siblings?"

"Yes." Little answered simply.

"Will she be able to come back and visit?"

"When this place is less dangerous for her. Once they are safe, I will see what I can do about a few undesirables."

"Now that would be welcome," She finished then walked to him and hugged him. "Take care of them," She whispered. When Mrs. Nomy stepped back, she wiped her eyes with her sleeve. "Riana, Are you almost finished?" She called.

"Almost!" Riana called from the back.

"Well get those loaves I put aside for you. Mr. Tel said he'd walk you home with them then over to Lady Chi's."

"But..." Riana called back.

"No buts. You're keeping that handsome guy waiting," Mrs. Nomy giggled.

Little could easily hear Riana doing the same.

Soon she came out with a sack and a smile. Little returned that smile and felt a warmth go through him. In a few years when she was older, he would see if she shared those feelings.

Little decided also to play it up. He swept a deep bow to her and extended his arm. Riana giggled then curtsied in return and took his arm and the two walked out and down the street.

"How could you let a single man beat you? Answer me that. How?"

"I tell you, it weren't no man. It couldn't be! No man could move as fast as he did!" replied Greggor.

"Then how is it your arm is broken and your nose. The others aren't any better off. Stinger's father wants answers, damn it and I'm going to get them even if I have to break your other arm."

"Boss I tell you, I have never seen that kind of speed or strength. I already have others out looking for ... him. If he's in this city, we will find him. I swear!"

"You better and you better make an example of him," The boss man finished.

"Yes sir," Was all Greggor could say. Greggor knew he had this one chance to fix this or he was a dead man.


Madeline was surprised to see her daughter home but was rather glad to see her with the nice young man.

"Riana, why are you home so early?"

"Mrs. Nomy let me have time to get home with this before I needed to go to Lady Chi's."

"That was sweet of her. Welcome again Mr. Tel. I hope Riana hasn't kept you from any thing important."

"Not at all and please call me Lee. Actually I was hoping to impose on you and have all of you come to dinner with me this evening."

Little could feel Riana's excitement and smiled down at her. Riana's brother and sister came into the room then.

The boy, Brad, looked at Little, "You gave us the yummy bread. Momma said I have to say tank you. It was weewy yummy. Tank you."

"Your welcome. I hope you've been keeping your fingers out of your sister's mouth," Little said with a chuckle.

"Oh yes. I just give her a small piece of the yummy bread and she's happy!"

Little barked a laugh and ruffled the boy's hair. Then he looked at the baby, as she had been working her way to him. He knelt down and offered her a hand and she took it. That was when he felt a soft musical giggle and had he not been touching the little one he never would have heard it. 'This one's another. I must get them out of here!' he thought to himself. He grabbed up the babe, spun her around making her squeal and bubble with laughter. When he was finished being silly he put the little one on his hip.

"Please you must come with me. I will not take no for an answer. Riana go and make up a bag for your sister please."

Riana looked at her mom to see what she would say.

"It does sound fun but I just have too much work to do. I think the kids would like it. Riana go and do what Mr. Tel asked."

"Thank you momma."

"Take your brother and have him get a change of clothes too. Just to be safe."

Riana grabbed Brad's hand and all but dragged him into one of the back rooms.

"Mr. Tel Thank you..."

"Lee please. Don't thank me yet and like I said I'm not taking no for and answer." Little lowered his voice. "I have to get you and these kids out of here. You know Riana is special and at a dangerous time?"

Madeline looked at the young man for a moment. "So you're here to take my daughter from..."

"I would never think to do that!" Little interrupted. "Please believe me. I would never hurt you or Riana like that but without training she could be a danger to herself and a danger to others. That's why the dinner. I wanted to try to convince you to let me help her and get you all out of here. Some friends of mine have a school and with you having two daughters that are going..."

"Two daughters! You mean Ally is... ?"

"She will be. I know you don't like handouts and I know this seems like it but there is more. My friends' place is really big I'm not sure how many students they have right now but another set of grownup hands are always a help."

"What about Brad, will he... ?"

"I don't know. I didn't sense anything when I touched him like I did this one," Little hugged Ally. "But boys some times do that. But I think after a good education he could go into anything he wants, with or without a talent."

Madeline needed a moment to think. She turned and slowly sat in a chair. She just couldn't wrap her mind around the idea that her girls were more than normal.

Little knew the poor woman just need time so he left her to her thoughts and turned his attention to the baby in his arms. He had her giggling in no time. At the same time, he let his mind wander to check the area. As he swept over the area where the gang had been, he heard something, and he listened more.

Greggor had about 20 men this time and information. Someone had seen Little that afternoon and told Greggor that Little had come in the direction of Skinner District which Riana lived near.

The baby looked up at him and whimpered. She knew. Little knew time was short. Quickly, he reached out to his mother, "Mom, things are going to turn ugly. I think I can get the family to Lady Chi's. Can you take them from there?"

"Hun, what is it?"

"Someone saw me, I guess, and told Greggor. He's on the hunt."

"I just left Lady Chi's. She really didn't have anything for your Riana to do today. I'll go back and wait. Will you be with the family?"

"I think I better, A moment," Little reached and tickled Riana, "Riana I need you to pack more things for you, your brother, and sister."

"I was about to tell you I can feel something wrong. Something that is coming this way, " Riana replied.

"Don't worry we have a few minutes Riana. I want you to meet my mother, Seleena."

"I'm very glad to meet you, my dear," Said Seleena.

"Oh hello," Riana said with surprise, as she not only heard her but a picture of a beautiful woman popped into her head as Little and Seleena to chuckle.

"Riana you better get ready, we need to leave soon."

"Oh, okay."

Little tickled her mind again and let the link drop.

"Get the family ready dear. I'll see you soon," Seleena finished.

"Thanks mom."

With that Little turned to the still thinking mother.

"I need you to go pack a bag for yourself and grab anything else that you think you might want to take. You won't be back for a few days," He said aloud.

"What? Why?"

"Greggor and his men are coming this way. I need to get you to lady Chi's where my mother will take you some place safe."

"OH GOD, Why? What do they want?" Madeline was starting to get a little hysterical.

"Get your things together Quickly!" Little gave a mantel pushed at the stunned woman. Quickly She started gathering what she wanted to take.

Riana came out holding two packs and her brother had one. "Brad's got the toys, I've got all the clothing and nappies," Riana said. Brad went over and started putting a few more things from the play corner into his pack.

"Riana will you go and start gathering your mom's clothing? She's gathering other things that need to go," Little asked.

"Sure," and she ran into another room.

Little looked at the mother and knew this was the hardest thing she had ever had to do.

They had just finished when Little and Riana felt Greggor getting near the area.

"Mr. Lee we can go out the back; down the alleyway to Slate Street. He'll never see us that way."

Little, still holding the clinging whimpering Ally, grabbed several of the bags, "Lets go. Brad, take your mommy's hand. She needs you to help her, okay?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.