Homecoming - Cover

Homecoming

Copyright© 2008 by apolaustic

Chapter 4

Drama Sex Story: Chapter 4 - Homecoming continues the story of the USS Yellowstone returning home after a six-month deployment. Petty Officer Meadows and his friends Bailey and Jones, just shared a wild experience in their last port of call, Izmir Turkey, that none of them will soon forget. Each man is eager to return home to friends and family, but that might not be easy as the secrets they share, rip their friendships apart.

Caution: This Drama Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Cheating   Safe Sex   Oral Sex  

The next morning, the turnover to duty section three went a lot smoother then our turnover the previous morning. Muster was over at 0740 and liberty call for duty section two sounded promptly five minutes later.

Today was Saturday. Usually on a day like to today, I would go back to berthing and sleep until lunch, but since I hit my rack around 2100 last night, I was wide-awake after nine hours of shuteye. I might have been able to force myself back to sleep, but I wanted to find out how Jones was doing. Unfortunately, I had of no way to get to the Portsmouth Naval Hospital on my own. Without many options, I walked down to the pier and found an empty phone booth. I sighed and dialed, praying that Kerri wouldn't answer.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Jennifer, it's Kevin," Whew!

"Good morning you big stud you!" Jennifer giggled into the phone. I winced and ground my teeth.

"Is Bailey awake?" I asked.

"Sort of, but not really, what's up? You need a ride, Kerri is up, she could come get you!"

"No, I need Bailey. Something happened and they transported Jones to the Portsmouth Naval Hospital last night. I need a ride to go see him."

"Oh my god, Is he okay? What happened?"

"He's okay. I'll fill you in later. Just kick Bailey out of bed, tell him Jones is in the hospital and he needs to come pick me up. I'm on the pier now."

"Alright, he'll be there."

Not wanting to be social, I abruptly hung up the phone and found a place to sit. About thirty minutes later Blue Betty rumbled up to Pier 11. I got in and closed the door without saying a word. Bailey looked like he just rolled out of bed with his hair hastily combed and shoes untied. I buckled my seatbelt and waited for us to pull away. We didn't move.

"So are you going to tell me what the hell happened?"

"Just drive."

Bailey grunted at me and forcefully put the car into gear. The tires chirped as we abruptly pulled away. I could tell he wasn't happy to be back on the base for the second early morning in a row.

"I leave you two alone for one day and Jones lands in the hospital. What the fuck?"

"It's a long story."

We exited the base and turned onto Hampton Boulevard, heading south towards downtown Norfolk. As we drove, I brought Bailey up to speed on yesterday's events. By the time I finished recapping the highlights, we were passing through the downtown Norfolk tunnel on our way to Portsmouth. The exhaust noise of Betty's V-8 engine reverberated off the confined concrete walls as we sped through at an uncomfortably illegal speed.

"I can't believe Jones went postal!"

"You would have done the same thing if you were in his shoes."

"Nah, I wouldn't have hesitated. I would have laid out Brandon on the deck. I'd be in the brig, not the Portsmouth mental ward," Bailey chuckled, "Man, I wish I was there to see Jones storm up that quarterdeck."

"No you don't, trust me, it was not cool. If Brandon didn't tackle him from behind, Jones would probably be dead."

"Well that would have sucked for Jones but it would have been cool for me to watch."

A little shocked, I turned to face Bailey, "You know, sometimes you can be a real insensitive fuck."

"What's your problem?" Bailey said, taken aback.

"Jones almost got killed and you're upset that you weren't there to see it? You're a real asshole sometimes, you know that?"

"Fuck you Meadows, it's not my fault Jones tried to kill himself. I tried to warn him about Edith."

"When did that happen? You didn't warn him about shit. All you did was get him to go with a prostitute. He felt so guilty afterwards that it destroyed his marriage only hours after his return home! You didn't warn him, you fast tracked his divorce!"

"You're as blind as Jones. His marriage was over before he left on the cruise. He just didn't see it coming. So what if Edith and Jones get divorced? I did him a favor. I opened his eyes so he could see he was married to a slut."

"What do you mean it was over before he left?"

"Edith was cheating on him long before we left."

"What? How the hell do you know that?"

"How, because I was fucking her! I was over at Jones' place every night you guys had duty. Shit, his kid saw me there so much; he started calling me 'Daddy'! Yeah, you all thought it was cute when Jones' kid called me 'Daddy.' Little did you fucking know."

" You son of a bitch!"

"Get over it Meadows. If Edith had picked you instead of me, you would have fucked her to."

"I would never do that to Jones!"

"Yeah right, maybe you can lie to me but you can't lie to yourself. I see the way you always gush over Edith. You think she's hot. You'd tap that ass all night long and never tell Jones a peep. You think you're a better friend than I am? Fuck you. I helped Jones. I freed him. He'll get divorced and he'll eventually move on with his life. What did you ever do for him besides eye hump his wife?"

"Fantasizing about fucking and actually doing it are two totally different things. You can try to justify yourself, but what you did is totally fucked. Why didn't you tell me the truth about you and Edith before?"

"Are you fucking kidding me? You would have blabbed to Jones and I really didn't need him freaking out on me during the cruise."

"I can't believe that I trusted you."

"You've got a lot to learn."

"From you, I don't fucking think so."

The remainder of the ride to the hospital went in total silence. We pulled through the hospital security gate and into the parking lot. Bailey drove around the side of the first building and pulled up to the curb.

"He's probably in building one, ward four. That's where they keep the psycho patients."

I was a little surprised that Bailey knew this, "How do you know that? Were you here before?"

"There is a shuttle that runs back to NEX (Naval Exchange) every hour. Catch a ride with them when you're ready to get back."

I took the hint and got out of the car. Before I had the door fully closed, Bailey gunned the engine and drove away.


I went inside building one, of the Naval Hospital, and found a reception desk. There was an older nurse sitting there by herself with no one else in sight.

I guess things are slow on the weekends.

She paid no attention to my presence at the counter.

"Hi, my name is Kevin Meadows. A friend of mine was brought here last night and I was wondering if you could tell me what room he's in?"

The nurse looked up then quickly returned her focus to the chart in her hands.

"What is his name?"

"Terry Jones, HT2 Terry Jones, he's from the USS Yellowstone."

The nurse never acknowledged me. She spun around in her chair and typed in the name on a computer.

"Petty Officer Jones is a patient in ward four. Family members only are allowed to visit that floor. Are you related to the patient?"

"No ma'am."

"Then I'm sorry, I can't help you."

I pleaded with the nurse for about five minutes, but her stone-cold attitude towards my plight never wavered. Dejected, I felt like an idiot for coming here without first checking to see if I would actually be able to visit Jones. Giving up, I finally asked the receptionist where I could find the shuttle back to the NEX.

I walked outside and found the sign for the shuttle in the parking lot. The schedule for Saturdays didn't start until ten hundred hours. My watch said 0857.

That's just great.

Alone with my thoughts, I sat down on the uncomfortable bench and took in the scenery around me. With the revelation that Bailey had just dumped on me, I was actually glad for some quiet time to think.

How could I be so blind?

I stared at nothing and listened to the traffic from the Interstate in the distance. About thirty minutes passed when I a familiar voice startled me from behind.

"Kevin?"

I turned my neck, "Edith?"

I jumped to my feet and faced her on the sidewalk. An awkward moment passed as we both searched for something to say. She couldn't look me in the eye. Her face was puffy and I could tell that she'd been crying. Still, she looked as beautiful as ever. I cursed myself for feeling a physical attraction toward her. In that moment, I willed myself to prove Bailey wrong.

I should be mad at Edith, not eye humping her!

"So, uh when did you get here?" I asked.

"Last night. They called me to tell me what happened ... that Terry ... tried to kill himself. I've been here ever since."

"How are you holding up?"

"I'm tired," She sighed, "I've been here talking with a counselor for most of the night."

"A counselor, for you?"

"Yes, they've been asking me questions about Terry and our marriage all night," She searched her purse and pulled out a used crumpled tissue.

"Did you get to see him?" I asked.

"No, they won't let me. The counselor said that Terry didn't want to see me. They told me to go home, get some rest, and wait for them to call."

Edith's eyes filled with fresh tears, "Why doesn't Terry want to see me?" Her face crumpled and she started to cry openly.

I wanted to hug her. I wanted to take her pain away and be her savior. I started to walk towards her with my arms ready to embrace her. I could be her friend and then maybe we could go home...

NO! Your friend is in the hospital behind you because of this woman, stop thinking with your dick!

"Terry sort of had a rough day yesterday. I'm sure they just want to take things slow to ensure he isn't going to try anything stupid again."

Edith strained to hold back the damned up flood of tears. She wiped her eyes, "Kevin, that's the same bullshit they told me upstairs. They think I'm the cause of Terry's condition so they want to keep us separated so he doesn't try to..." She paused, unable to finish that thought, "What are you doing here?"

"I came to see how Terry was doing, but I'm not family so they won't let me."

"Oh ... well I'm sure if Terry knew you were here, he'd probably want to see you. You're a good friend Kevin."

I couldn't help saying, "A better friend than Bailey?"

Edith froze.

"Yeah, I know about you and Bailey. I know you were with him on the nights Terry had duty."

Edith's face went pale, "Did ... did you tell Terry?"

"No."

"Terry doesn't know I was cheating with Bailey. He knows I had an affair but not with him. Oh my god, you probably hate me."

"I don't hate you, but I'm very angry. I don't understand why you would cheat on Terry. You had everything you could ever want. A loving, devoted husband, a beautiful healthy child, a safe home, and a steady income. Everything was perfect but you threw it all away for Bailey, why? I would love to have your life!"

"Things were not as perfect as you assume."

"Terry thought things were."

"Kevin, you don't know what you're talking about." Edith's voice suddenly found a strength and determination that wasn't there a moment ago. "This perfect life that Terry and I are supposed to have is a sham. Things used to be about us, but now everything is about him and his career. You have no idea how lonely I get sitting around waiting for Terry to come home all the time. With all the deployments and the duty days, he's never there. You guys get to gallivant all over the world while I'm stuck in this stupid town away from my friends and family. My life is going nowhere. Nothing between Terry and me is right anymore. If you can't understand that, then you're as naive at Terry."

"You're jealous of us? Being away from home and putting up with all the bullshit of the Navy is no picnic. Yeah, I've been halfway around the world, but I was too tired and too burned out actually to enjoy it. You have no idea the stress we have to deal with on a daily basis."

"Stress, I can deal with stress! At least you're out of the house living a life!"

"Edith, Terry's life for the last six months was spent hopelessly worrying about you and Greg. It ate him alive on the inside; the only thing that kept him going was the fact that he trusted you."

"That's a lie! Terry fucked that prostitute because he wanted to. He's just as board with our marriage as I am."

"You're wrong Edith."

"I don't believe you."

"I was there, that night in Turkey. You have no idea the fear I saw in Terry's eyes when he couldn't get a hold of you on the phone. He was in shock because he didn't know if you were hurt, in trouble, or worse. He felt helpless because there was nothing he could do from halfway around the world. Bailey used that fear to get him drunk. Bailey played us both and I think he did it because he wanted to break you guys up."

"Bailey didn't do this, Terry did!"

"Edith, you can tell yourself that but we both know it isn't true. Bailey took advantage of your loneliness. He came over to your house and he pretended to care. He gave you the excitement and attention that you craved and poisoned your love for Terry in the process. He did it because he was jealous."

Edith's tears started to flow in rivers down her cheeks. "I ... I don't know. Bailey said ... Oh god. I never wanted to hurt Terry." A flood of uncontrollable sobs took over and Edith collapsed to her knees on the sidewalk. I rushed to help her.

"Edith! Edith, look at me!" Her head lifted up and she watched me as I squatted in front of her. "You can save the man upstairs. If you still love Terry, there is hope."

The tears continued to run down Edith's face and dripped from her cheeks. Her lips were trembling, "Yes, I still love him, but how, after all that's happened?" She muttered through her tears.

"Terry will forgive you. I know this. His love for you has never faltered in all the time that I've known him. He will take you back if you ask for forgiveness."

"What about the things he said? Should I just ignore that? I can't Kevin. It hurts too much."

"Terry already tried to ask for your forgiveness. That's why he told you about what happened in Turkey. He could have kept it a secret from you but he didn't. Show Terry how strong you are by forgiving him. I know he will return the favor."

"And ... if he doesn't?"

"Then I will personally beat some sense into him."

Edith flashed a smile, but it quickly disappeared as she blew her nose into the sopping wet tissue.

"I don't know. I feel so lost right now. Before Terry came back, I convinced myself that everything was over. I didn't want to be a Navy wife anymore. I wanted a divorce. I even got a lawyer. Then when I saw him on the pier and he kissed me the way he used to, I got so confused."

"You knew when he kissed you that he still loved you."

"Yes. I felt so guilty for cheating on him. Then he told me about the prostitute and the guilt I felt turned to anger. I felt vindicated. Now this happened and I don't know what I want anymore."

"Well only your heart can answer that question, but I can tell you for certain that Terry doesn't want to lose you."

"How can you be so sure?"

"I talked to him yesterday before he ... well, you know. He told me that his life was over now that he lost you."

"So?"

"He didn't care that you cheated. He only cared that he lost you. His world was over because you didn't want to be with him."

She looked up at me as she pondered what I had said.

"Edith, I know you are having a rough time right now but I honestly think that you and Terry have something worth saving.

"But..."

"But nothing," I interrupted, "If you still love Terry then nothing else matters."

"I know ... I ... I guess I have a lot to think about. My head is spinning right now."

I extended my hand and helped lift her to her feet. Edith stood shakily on the sidewalk.

"Are you going home?" I asked.

She nodded, "What about you?"

"I've got a ride back to the base. The shuttle bus will be here any minute. Are you going to be okay?"

Edith pulled out another tissue and blew her nose, "I'll make it."

"You can do this. I know you can."

Edith winced and nodded her head, "I'll try."

She reached out and tried to hug me. I raised my hand to stop her.

"I'm still angry with you. Let's shake."

Edith snorted as she tried not to laugh. She shook my hand. With nothing else to say, she turned and walked alone towards the parking lot.

I wasn't sure if I had made anything better for Terry and Edith, but I felt good inside for trying. I turned to face the hospital and looked at the windows on the fourth floor.

"Hang in there buddy."

A few minutes later, the shuttle arrived. I boarded the bus and started my journey back to the Naval Station.


The shuttle ride back to the Norfolk Naval Station took forever because of all the stops we made downtown, but I really didn't mind. I had nothing on my agenda for the next couple of days, so I wasn't in much of a hurry to be anywhere in particular. During the ride, I thought a lot about what Edith had told me. I had never given any thought to what a woman in Edith's position had to endure being a Navy wife. To be honest, before today I was often a little jealous that Edith got to stay home, and do what she wanted all day. It wasn't until after the revelation of what her home life was like, that I started to understand how Bailey could have seduced her.

I also wondered why Bailey told me about having sex with Edith. Edith didn't tell Terry whom she was cheating with because she knew that Terry would want to kill Bailey. Bailey had to know this as well, so why tell me? Bailey is not that stupid, unless he thought that Edith had already told Terry. I filed this little epiphany away for later use.

About an hour later, I arrived at the Navy Exchange. I decided to do a little shopping and grab a bite to eat. I found a couple of new polo shirts in the commissary and afterwards I inhaled a slice of greasy pizza from the food court.

With my stomach appeased for the time being, I decided to do what every single sailor, who lives on the ship and who doesn't have a car does; Go see a movie.

"Bram Stroker's Dracula," opened this weekend but for some reason, seeing Keanu Reeves in a role other than a "Bill and Ted," movie seemed like a bad idea, Dude, that blood-sucking guy is totally bogus!

"Reservoir Dogs" was playing but for the life of me, I could not figure out what the plot was about by looking at the movie poster. The Clive Barker horror "Candyman," looked interesting, but in the end, I decided to see a comedy.

"Under Siege," with Steven Segal, The movie poster read, "It's not a job-It's an adventure!" The plot looked ridiculous with Steven Segal playing a retired Navy Seal working as a cook who single handily stops a terrorist plot. Ha! This I gotta see!

I walked into the theater with pretty, low expectations. I walked out of the theater two hours later scratching my head. Why do they keep letting Steven Segal make movies? I would gladly give Segal five bucks a year if he would just stop acting. Just tell me where to mail it.

After the movie, I decided to take the long way home and walk back to the Yellowstone. I wanted to drop off my new shirts, clean up and figure out what to do on a Saturday night since there was no way in hell I was going over to Jennifer and Kerri's place. The thought of seeing Bailey or Kerri anytime soon made me want to hide in a dumpster.

I walked onboard the ship during the middle of evening chow. I figured if there were anyone around looking for something to do, I would find them on the mess deck. I grabbed a serving tray and went to the main serving line, tonight's menu? "Yankee, Pot Roast."

Now what makes a pot roast a 'Yankee' pot roast? I haven't a clue. I think the cooks just invent new names for whatever the meat looks like when it's done cooking.

Gee, that looks like a dead Yankee. Let's call it Yankee pot roast!

Besides the infamous, Yankee pot roast, there's also Beef pot roast, Ginger pot roast, and the ever popular Spicy pot roast ranchero. The cooks must think that we're idiots because it all tastes like ... pot roast! I sat down alone with my 'dead Yankee' and started pondering a trip to McDonalds.

Looking around, I noticed that I was one of only a few shipmates hanging around in civilian clothes. Most people were here because they have duty and they don't have a choice. I was about to give up looking for someone to hang out with when PM3 Click showed up. Click was an odd fellow that worked in the wood shop. He was sort of a misfit and I often wondered how desperate his recruiter must have been when he enlisted a guy like Jim Click.

A funny thing about Click is that he only wore clothing bought from thrift stores. He also never wore anything that matched. Tonight he had on a pair of dark brown corduroy pants, a collared button down shirt that had an odd blue-green paisley design, and a grey hooded sweatshirt that had several holes in it. I thought, Give the guy a skateboard and he would fit right in standing on a half-pipe. About the only thing I had in common with Click was the fact that we were both about the same age.

I waved to Click. He saw me and joined me for dinner.

"I guess I'm not the only one who stuck around for pot roast night," I joked.

Click started cutting the dried meat and shoveling it in his mouth, "I didn't plan on being here. I kinda overslept. This is breakfast."

"Damn man, it's almost dark outside. What have you been doing?"

"Stupid midnight to 0400 parking lot watch last night kicked my ass."

"Oh, that'll do it. So what are you up to tonight?"

He swallowed a large spoonful of mashed potatoes. "Probably head over to the enlisted club and see what's going on over there. I heard the USS Grapple pulled in today. It should be a good party tonight."

"What's so special about the Grapple?"

"You never heard about the Grapple? Dude! That tug is all female. There's like ninety women on there. When they pull in, they are horny as hell, and they party hard."

"No shit? That sounds cool. You mind if I tag along?"

"Not at all, Dude."

"What time are you heading over?" I asked.

"Around nine, where are you going to be?"

"I'll probably be in 11-Alpha watching TV."

"Cool, I'll pick you up on my way out."


My watch said 2130 before Click showed up to collect me. I thought about giving him a hard time for being thirty minutes late but figured I'd be wasting my breath. Click isn't the type that cares about being on time. He was carrying his cue stick case, so I knew we were destined for a long night on the pool tables. We made our way ashore and walked to the enlisted club.

From the outside the Pier 26 club, it didn't look like there was very much happening. The parking lot was only half-full with nobody lingering outside. We walked up the steps and entered the lobby. A five-dollar cover charge, which seemed somewhat high since there was no band playing tonight, was required for admittance. Without much choice in the matter, we paid the man.

Click got a blue wristband; I got a yellow one since I'm under twenty-one. If any of the shore patrol sees me consuming any alcohol, I'll be on the fast track to Captains Mast on Monday morning.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.