Blood Fang - Cover

Blood Fang

Copyright© 2008 by David Caspian

Chapter 8

Paul had practiced sensing vampires with Persephone's help. Trying to do it while his target was far away was like feeling a slight buzz in the back of his mind. With training he could locate it, but mostly it was a matter of instinct, and his instincts as it turned out were very good. Paul felt his enemies' approach before his pack did, and best of all the rival group Vankari didn't sense any indication of the ambush either. This was mainly due to the fact that he was masking all of them, using the forest itself as a covering background noise which allowed the Were to easily blend in. The Pack would perform the dirty work on this one, while the rest of Paul's Were acted as spies. Unwilling to leave anything to chance he had hedged his bets by using them as an early warning system as they observed things in the city. Already he knew the Revenant's retreat had gone better than anyone had expected. Now he was about to spring the trap.

"Now?" Rachel asked, causing Paul to smile.

Rachel also had good instincts, and she was learning to read him. Without realizing it he had given her some cue that told her the enemy was close.

"Take ten volunteers and circle quietly to the right. I want you on their left flank when I give the signal." Paul said.

"Yes Alpha." Rachel said with a smile and headed out.

Rachel wasn't the only member of the pack that was eager for a chance at revenge. Like the Revenant they too had suffered attacks by the Mars clan. Paul had chosen Rachel as the leader for her group because she would wait for his order rather than jumping the gun and ruining the whole plan. The enemy had to think they could beat whatever was out here until the moment it was too late to easily withdraw. That moment didn't take too long.

When his spies informed him the enemy was in position Paul sprung the trap, "Attack!"

Shifting into wolf form the pack fell upon the Mars Vankari, tearing them to pieces. Those few wars who mounted a good offense found out it wasn't only wolves they had to worry about. Blood Fang had continued his recruiting drive and had some of his new Were lying in wait for the moment of attack. Were dogs and new wolves came to the aid of the pack. When one Vankari warrior prepared to deal a death blow to a fallen werewolf, two dogs jumped him providing the wounded wolf the respite he needed to recover. Rejoining the fray the young man went for warrior's throat and helped bring him down. The fallen vampire soon became covered in blood covered furry body that didn't stop attacking until he lay still and quiet.

A few members of the pack died in the attack, but the Mars clan had lost twenty warriors and six shadow stalkers and one leader. Blood Fang took the leader himself before he could organize a break out. Mourning their dead many Were couldn't help but feel a certain pride in defeating their enemies so soundly.

Kellis had reported his defeat to his master, asking for more help. What he expected was a messenger, who would pass along Mars' answer, not Mars himself as he was announced before entry into Kellis' throne room. Rooms like this were common in the Mars clan, as each lieutenant copied his master and ruled like kings. There were no female rulers in their clan. Anyone who was not male was placed in a secondary position to their male counterparts.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.