Deception - Cover

Deception

Copyright© 2008 by John Smith

Chapter 1

Kendall Jackson wept as he watched the video. He had so hoped it was all a mistake, that his wife of seven years wasn't cheating on him. As he heard the words from his wife, he was saddened. He knew things were not the same these past couple of years, but for her to say she no longer loved him had hurt. It was in resignation to her feelings that he wasn't ready to kill her, he was just mad at her. The other person on the screen had no business being there, though. He was Kendall's supposedly best friend. Kendall didn't need to see any more, and he turned off the tape.

Kendall was not prone to rash behavior. It was one of his faults. He knew it. On the other hand, this was the time to use that 'fault' to his advantage. His actions would take some planning and preparation. His life would never be the same afterwards, but as he saw on the screen, it wasn't going anywhere anyhow. The biggest hurdle he was going to face was trying to keep going as though nothing was wrong.


Tuesday afternoons. It had been the same for the past three weeks. Kendall had taped every session. There was enough damning information on the tapes to get what he wanted. He also found a trend. His best friend went to the gym on Tuesday morning, then to see his wife. What Kendall hated seeing the most was her doing things with his best friend that had always been denied to him. That hurt more than anything, but he used that as justification. After the review of this tape, he put his plan to work.

That evening his wife 'caught' him in the living room, watching a porn videotape. She told him he was disgusting. He quipped back that if she wasn't such a prude when it came to the bedroom, it would be fun to make home movies. The comments went downhill from there. Kendall was sure she took the bait.

Saturday he had set his video camera out in a visible, but not obvious place, in his home office. Sunday, it had been moved, and he knew he had that last piece.

Monday, at work, he took care of all the other arrangements. The last of which was to mail off the other tapes.


Tuesday he showed up at work as usual. Almost as soon as he got in and shut the door, he made a call, using a pre-paid cellular phone. His secretary called in to him, saying that he had someone on the phone. He used up six minutes of time, during which he slammed his fists down on his desk twice. Kendall was sure it had been loud enough for his secretary to hear, and that was the point. After hanging up from the non-existent call, he walked out, telling his secretary he would be gone the rest of the morning.

As he left, he smiled. That had gone well.

Next on his plan was a drive to his 'best friend's' house. This was the most dangerous part. A screw up here would be disastrous. He backed up into the driveway and popped the trunk. Using latex gloves he took Steve's mountain bike and stowed it in the trunk. Next, he blew up a male 'doll' he'd purchased at a sex shop, two weeks earlier, out of town. Now it appeared that there were two of them driving away.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.