The Dating Scene
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2008 by DG Hear

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 2 - A Valentines Day story about a man who figured he would never marry. Until a special woman came into his life.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic  

Our life continued like this for months. We took Lynn to many different places every other Saturday. She told us it was her favorite time when the three of us were together. I loved the little girl. I was also in love with her mom. We used our friends with benefits option at least once a month. Both of us were becoming more serious about each other but we rarely talked about it. I guess neither one of us wanted to jinx our relationship. It was going so well.

My mom asked me to invite Mary and Lynn over for Thanksgiving dinner. She had met them both and really liked them. She told my older sister Cheryl that she believed I was in love with Mary but just wasn't telling anyone. Of course my sister asked me and I told her I was in love but was waiting for the right time. After all, Mary and I only knew each other for a few months.

Mary agreed to come to mom's for Thanksgiving dinner if I would spend Christmas with her and Lynn. It didn't take a brain surgeon to make that decision. I told her I would be there first thing Christmas morning to watch Maria Lynn open her gifts. She told me Lynn jumped for joy when she found out I would be there. Lynn and I had an invisible bond. I loved her and she trusted me.

One day shortly after Thanksgiving, my mom asked me how I knew that Mary was the right one, the so-called girl of my dreams. She knew I dated and was rejected many times throughout my life. I explained to her that the day Mary came into the office I felt different in my heart. At the time, I couldn't explain it. When I held Mary's hand, I felt it in her pulse also.

"Mom," I said, "let me try to explain it a different way. I received an e-mail one day about a little girl looking for a puppy. It was called puppy size.

Danielle was a five year old girl who asked for a puppy for her birthday. Her parents talked about it and decided they would take her to the animal shelter and let her pick out her own.

"Dani, is what we call her," her mom told the volunteer at the animal shelter. "She keeps repeating it over and over again. We've been back to this animal shelter three times and she can't find the puppy she wants," the mother told the volunteer.

"What is it she keeps asking for?" the volunteer asked.

"Puppy size is what she says is important to her," replied the mother.

"Well, we have puppies of all sizes, if that's what she's looking for," replied the volunteer.

"I know, we have seen most of them," the mom said in frustration. Just then Dani came walking into the office. "Well Honey, did you find the one you want?" asked her mom.

"No, not this time," Dani said with sadness in her voice. "Can we come back on the weekend?"

The two women looked at each other and shook their heads. "You never know when we will get more dogs. Unfortunately, there's always a supply," the volunteer said.

Dani took her mother by the hand and headed to the door. "Don't worry, I'll find one this weekend, mommy, I just know it." she said.

Over the next few days Dani's mom and dad had long conversations with her. They both felt she was being too particular.

"It's this weekend; we're not looking any more," her dad finally said in frustration.

"We don't want to hear anything more about puppy size either," Mom added.

Dani and her mom were the first ones in the shelter on Saturday morning. By now Dani knew her way around the shelter; she ran right for the section that housed the smaller dogs. Tired of the routine, her mom sat in the small waiting room at the end of the first row of cages. There was an observation window so you could see the animals and visitors. She was able to keep an eye on her daughter. Dani's mother watched her daughter walk slowly from cage to cage, kneeling periodically to take a closer look at each puppy. One by one the dogs were brought out and she held each one.

One by one she said, "Sorry, you're not the one," as she set them back down.

It was the last cage on this day in search of the perfect puppy. The volunteer opened the cage door and the child carefully picked up the dog and held it closely. This time she took a little longer.

"Mom, I found the right puppy! He's the one! I know he is!" she screamed with joy. " The puppy size!"

"But it's the same size as all the other puppies you held over the last few weeks," her mom said.

"No, not size ... the sighs, Mommy. When I held him in my arms, he sighed," she said. "Don't you remember? When I asked you one day what love is, you told me love depends on the sighs of your heart. The more you love, the bigger the sighs!"

The two women looked at each other for a moment. Dani's mom didn't know whether to laugh or cry. As she stooped down to hug the child, she did a little of both.

"Mom, every time you hold me, I sigh. When you and Daddy come home from work and hug each other, you both sigh. I knew I would find the right puppy if it sighed when I held it in my arms," she said. Then holding the puppy up close to her face she said, "Mom, he loves me. I heard the sighs of his heart!"

"You see Mom, that's the way it was when I first met Mary. It was the sighs in my heart that I felt. I didn't know what it was at the time till I read the e-mail. When I held her hands, I felt her heart beating too. Maybe I'm just a romantic at heart, but that's how I felt, mom. The sighs of our hearts came together.

"I decided to trust my heart and see where it took me. Mom, I want to ask Mary to marry me. I thought I would buy her a ring and give it to her on Christmas day. I figure we can get married on Valentines Day."

I went ahead and explained my plans to my mom. She asked me where we would live and I told her that the Henrys that lived two doors down from us were going to put their house on the market the first of the year. Mr. Henry got a new job so they wanted to move closer to his work. I figured it was in my price range and if Mary agreed, we could make it our home. I would be near my mom if she needed my help and she would be able to see Lynn and Mary more often, which she loved the idea.


On Christmas morning, I headed over to see Mary and Lynn. They were already waiting for me. Lynn looked so excited. Mary got me a cup of coffee and I sat down and watch Lynn and Mary open their gifts. It was a true joy to watch them laugh and smile as they unwrapped each present.

When we were near the end of opening presents Mary handed me a small package. She had bought me a new watch and also a new leather wallet. She told me I could now get rid of the old ragged one I carried.

Lynn handed me a present. It was a folder of pictures she drew for me. Some were flowers and pictures of places we had gone but one really caught my eye. It was a picture of a family with a dog. She told me it was her, her mom and me in the picture. She drew in a picture of a dog. She told me that her mother said she could have one someday.

I then handed a present to Lynn. She opened it and it was a picture of a puppy. I had typed on the page. "This entitles Maria Lynn Barrett to one puppy of her choice from the animal shelter."

Lynn smiled as she kissed me on the cheek. "Mommy, Jerry bought me a puppy. When can we go get him?"

I answered for Mary. "Sweetheart, I figure we can go tomorrow or the next day. Take as long as you want and make sure you get just the puppy you want." I was remembering the puppy size e-mail.

"Mom, can I call Grandma and tell her about my puppy?"

"Yes, Honey, but be sure to thank them for the nice things they got you first."

Mary looked over at me. "What's wrong, Mary?" I asked.

"Don't you think you should have asked me before getting her a puppy?" she said in a low voice so Lynn couldn't hear.

"I did ask you, Mary. I said, 'What can I get Lynn for Christmas' and you said to ask her. I did and she said she would like either a baby brother or a puppy. The puppy was much easier to get," I smiled.

Mary couldn't help but laugh. I handed her a present. It was an envelope filled with her surprise.

"What is this, Jerry? Two tickets to Las Vegas on Valentines Day. A room rented for a week. Jerry, I can't go with you for a week in Las Vegas. What would people think of us?"

"They would think that a husband has taken his wife on a honeymoon."

Mary's mouth flew open but nothing came out, as I took out a ring and said, "Mary, I've loved you from the first day I met you. I know because my heart has told me so. Will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?"

Instead of answering right away she asked Lynn if she was talking to her grandma.

"Yes, Mommy, I am."

"Tell her that I'm getting married."

"Grandma! Mommy and Jerry are going to get married," she yelled into the phone.

I slid the ring onto Mary's finger and we sealed it with a kiss. Lynn handed her mom the phone and came over and hugged me.

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.