Divided at Division One - Cover

Divided at Division One

Copyright© 2008 by Pettybox

Chapter 26

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 26 - Jared Winslow is a small college football coaching legend in Vermont who waited for the opportunity to come along to move on to Division 1 NCAA coaching. His love life was waning and broke it off to move on. He found new & old opportunities for both sex and love as he began to mold his dreams and slowly realize how one tied its fortunes to the other. The highs and lows of both love and coaching success intertwine on his journey.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Oral Sex   School  

The playbook session went smoothly as the staff added variations and sets to existing plays they had set up and ran in the previous scrimmages and scrimmage games. With additional plays in the book it was complete and today the coaches would man the huddles again with the play outlines around their neck to go over for anyone unsure.

Jordy Alford would call the plays and line up, Frank Ruffen would read the set the defense. Coach Winslow would critique the sets and then back off and let the plays unfold. They would do this for 30 minutes of actual "game time". Then for the second 30 minutes of game time they would simply march up and down the field as the offense and defense permitted with Marv Hudson and Mark Freeman calling their own plays. Reading and setting defenses were solely the responsibility of Jazz Carey and Thurmond Smythe. After each play they would be told whether or not the call was good or bad and why or why not. It was a great exercise to be sure they were thinking quickly and on their feet.

Watching the fast maturation of Marv Hudson was such a joy to Jared Winslow he had to stifle the bubbling he felt inside. The slingshot set-up and release style he had weaned him on suited him as well as any other he had seen try it, maybe the best he'd seen use it since Joe Namath. Others he had try it usually morphed into their own style as they got more comfortable with themselves. Hudson kept the basic idea of straight drop back and shoulders planed with the hash marks that left only your eyes to read where the ball may go until the release sequence. The strength in his wrist and arm had already built to where he could roll right and flick sharp passes left while on the run. He only needed as many snaps as he could get, ... and confidence. He had to be able to trust his arm and instincts, even after a failed or broken play, or an interception.

The first "half" went as smoothly as anyone could have expected. Using variations of original playbook plays they already knew and used, they learned the execution and afterwards, sometimes on a re-set of the same play, coaches walked them through the "why's" of the play and what to anticipate from either side of the line. During these sessions the experience of major program high school players shone brightly, especially Boge Hollins, who appeared more than ready to start the season as the workhorse back. He had quickly earned the coaches confidence and respect for his talent. While getting enough work to prepare him for the season, he hadn't seen anywhere near the percentage of carries he would actually get during the season. Even with a strong armed quarterback, Boge Hollins would still be the centerpiece of the offense. Jared anticipated a heavy workload for Boge and was satisfied he was in shape to carry that, so the scrimmages kept him in shape, but he was well aware of the beating his body would take during the regular season. In his last game before his suspension, an All-State championship play-off, he had 37 carries for 258 yards. He was the horse of the offense all season averaging 22 carries a game. His father saw the beating his son took that day versus Joliet Catholic and for the first time he saw some of the same things he saw the day after an NFL game in his son. A star back in his senior year was being drained of all he could offer. His Dad knew from his talks with Coach Winslow that would never happen under his watch.

After a 20 minute break they began the second "half" of the their game, but this time players were ferried in and out of the game in heavy rotation with no one playing more than 4 downs in a row. Marv Hudson was on his own, but he did have instructions from Coach Winslow to try to score quickly, eat up the field in big bites on the first few sets. He hit Kemmer Brooks over the middle for a 28 yard gain just inches from the outstretched hands of Scott Claxton who immediately tackled Brooks. Claxton was mad he was beat, but was already aware of the dead aim accuracy that Hudson served. On the next play Marv hit Tim Waters alone in the end zone for a score leading to a long clock stoppage as Frank Ruffen was infuriated by missed assignments and he tore into his team.

On the turn-around kick-off Mark Freeman was at the helm and ran consecutive keeper option plays for short yardage. He was doing what he knew best. On the third and three play he began to roll as he had the previous play but pitched to Brooks who followed a block by Hollins for the first down. Ruffen again excoriated the players on the field for the mis-read. On the ensuing play Freeman rolled right while a guard pulled to form a moving pocket and Freeman threw a perfect pass over the middle to Junior Contralco but Scott Claxton came out of nowhere to tip the ball where it was intercepted by Rich Boyle, a little used cornerback who spent most of his time on special teams.

While Jordy Alford could find little wrong with the execution of the play, he did scold Freeman for throwing a risky pass into traffic, especially when his arm was no match for Marv Hudson's.

"That's a play Hudson can throw 19 out of 20 times, he lasers the ball in there. You made a good call Mark, but you tried to do too much." Alford told him as he sent him off the field for Marv Hudson to come out with a load of other changes to keep the players fresh.

Resetting the ball on the 20, Hudson called 3 consecutive pass plays, moving the ball into the defense's zone on their 48 yard line. The next ferry of players brought Junior Contralco and June Bokue into his huddle and he called a Flood Right Draw, where all 4 receivers line up right side to draw as much coverage as possible, but as he passes his blocking back in the drop, he punches the ball to him. Junior gained 13 yards leaving Frank Ruffen livid that his defensive quarterback was not anticipating the plays. Ruffen decided to shadow his middle linebacker saying right in his ear what he saw on the offensive set. He then quickly backed out of the play and let the clock go.

Marv now knew he had to make sure Ruffen wasn't reading his mind. He lined his troops up looking like a Flood Pass again, with 3 receivers on one side and one flanked tight. It was the same set you might use for a reverse. At the line Hudson checked off moving the right flanking receiver to the same side as the other 3. As Frank Ruffen barked into Jazz Carey's ear about what he read, Carey shouted out for a 4-4 defense or Stack defense as Frank patted him on the back. The "Stack" is designed to stop the wide running game as well as the short passing game.

However Marv had checked off to a Hitch Pass where the closest lined receiver, in this case Tim Waters, simply turns on the snap and takes a bullet pass from Hudson and heads into the pocket of defense his other 3 receivers made for him. June Bokue had tied up a linebacker enough for him to slip through for 7 yards. Ruffen knew it was going to be a short pass play and Marv Hudson had anticipated that in getting the ball to Waters before he took a step.

Marv Hudson brought his offense out of the huddle in the same set as the previous play, and then the same apparent check off, but he had called a Hitch and Go in the huddle. On the snap Marv stood and faked the instant pass to Waters, letting his momentum turn him around left and drop straight back. Where Bokue had tied up a linebacker on the previous play, she flew by him leaving only one safety and herself in the deep zone with the other safety running hard to catch up from his side. She was about to go head to head with him, a battle she would surely lose, when she broke hard to the left and took a hard pass, almost in her face, and headed for the goal line corner. Both safeties knew they were beat. Frank Ruffen frowned and then turned a thumbs up to Marv Hudson. It was the last touchdown score of the "game" as the defense bucked up and shut down any long gains for the last 9 minutes of playing time. Scott Claxton and "Tee" Smythe each intercepted passes, both from Marv Hudson who was showing signs of tiring at the end of a long day. Neither interception wavered Hudson's confidence as he was throwing into traffic where if it were an actual game he might have been more prudent.

Back in the locker room after the long two-a-day, as players showered and cajoled each other, 3 tired soldiers sat at their lockers in undershirts and under pads, exhausted. Marv Hudson, Mark Freeman and Whiskey Daniels, the starting center, were probably in more plays this day than each would see in two games. Daniels had insisted on working with both QB's and saw 75% on the play, giving in from time to time to Jimmer Erving, a cornerback who was also the long snapper. Jimmer had come to NEAT hopeful of being a star in the defensive backfield after a strong High School career. However he tore up a knee as a Freshman. It greatly hindered his lateral speed for the position. He volunteered to do the long snapper duties under Sherm Woodard and proved quite deft at the job.

When Coach Winslow came for a walk-through to make sure no one was hurt and congratulate some players he looked into the far corner where the 3 were just lockers apart.

"You guys don't need the trainer's room do you?" He said with a little chuckle.

"I know it was a long day for you. Drag yourselves into the shower and get under that hot water and you'll feel better. You all did yourself proud today. Whiskey, you played as if they weren't red shirted and I give you lots of credit. These guys ought to buy you a Coke."

"Yes sir, I could use a cold one." Jack "Whiskey" Daniels said as he got up to head toward the showers, giving the Coach a little grin, both knowing he didn't mean Coke.

"Just be smart, Jack." Jared said, knowing some players, although legally underage, would tip a few from time to time to get the edge off.

"Don't worry Coach. I have too much to lose and too many friends to remind me. We take care of each other." He said as the rest of his pads came off and he walked toward the showers peeling the rest of his under clothing off to pitch in the hampers lined up before the showers.

"You both called some nice plays out there," Coach complimented the two signal callers.

"Mark, Coach Alford was right when he told you not to try and make passes like you tried. Don't try to compete with Marv. You have your own style and he has his. You're here to back him up, not be him. I know you wanted to play more, but as a safety you'll see little playing time unless there's an injury or two. I can live without a 5th safety and taxi squader. I NEED a back up Quarterback and it'll be great on your football resume'."

"I know Coach. I've never learned so much about the game in the past 3 weeks. I'm just hungry for game snaps. I never worked much over the middle into traffic, but I'll learn to do just what I'm capable of." Freeman said excited just to have the chance to play at this level.

"What you have to remember is the kind of offense we run. When you get called into a game for Marv if he's sick, shaken up or hurt, we can't just throw away the playbook to suit you. You have to pick up with the same mix and style. We'll probably run the Quarterback option with Marv once or twice all year. You ran it twice in a row and used the same set on the pitch back..." Jared started.

"That was a 23 Lead Pitch with Roll, one of the ones we went over today." Mark quickly added.

"But on your next call, the one that was intercepted, your left side end and guard were pulling for the 4th straight play. You can't keep showing that, it'll tip the linebackers every time. On your last two sets you mixed the plays well." Coach added.

"Boge helped me out there, he was telling me a lot of the same things you are now, I think I get it." Freeman said as he got up to follow Daniels into the showers.

Marv Hudson was the last of the 3 to get up to join the rest of the team, some of who were now straggling out of the shower. Marv stopped and turned to the coach as if to say something and he hesitated.

"What is it Marv? Something bothering you?" Coach asked him.

"I've been dating June. She says it might be a problem. I don't want you to hear it from anyone else." Marv said sheepishly.

"Define "dating", Marv. Is it a hot, torrid, exclusive relationship, or are you just having fun together." He asked him.

Marv Hudson blushed deeply and turned away from some of the other players who began to walk by in towels.

"My girl is away at school in Ohio, her boyfriend is in Oklahoma. We just need someone to talk to and ... you know. What they don't know won't hurt them." He said, a little embarrassed, maybe almost ashamed.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.