Divided at Division One - Cover

Divided at Division One

Copyright© 2008 by Pettybox

Chapter 25

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 25 - Jared Winslow is a small college football coaching legend in Vermont who waited for the opportunity to come along to move on to Division 1 NCAA coaching. His love life was waning and broke it off to move on. He found new & old opportunities for both sex and love as he began to mold his dreams and slowly realize how one tied its fortunes to the other. The highs and lows of both love and coaching success intertwine on his journey.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Oral Sex   School  

Two busses waited for the team as they de-planed in Boone, North Carolina. Bench Essential Personnel for home games became the Travel Facilitators for road games. Both were just fancy names for team roadies, but with the advent of a co-ed team their jobs and importance became more essential. They had to make sure that the privacy stalls were the last thing on the plane and first thing off. If there were a problem with their arrival or the fitting, the girls might have to dress in another location and the coaching staff wanted the group to always be together if at all possible. Today's venue was a minor league baseball stadium and there was probably going to be stall sharing, so this was really going to be a logistics test for the crew.

The team all traveled well without any first time, or nervous flyers. The Canadair jets were common charters and quite efficient for short distance travel, 3 hours and under. For longer flights they became cramped, but it was not a worry with most NorthEast 10 travel. Logistically, the roadies made everything work well with no glitches. As Coach Winslow had promised to Joe Barber, by the kick-off of the 2nd game he knew each member of the BEP team and any additional roadies. He made sure they were all fed once their basic work was done and they waited to break down and go home. Even in the cramped baseball stadium he made sure they had a room to eat and decompress in with a table of food.

While winning every game was important, for this day, this scrimmage, winning really wasn't at the top of the list. Looking respectable, smoothing out the offense and defense, the running in and out of plays, the solidifying of positions and building confidence were at the top of the list. Fans wanted to see their local Mountaineers, and were quite curious about the "co-ed team" coming in.

When they left North Carolina that evening they were on the wrong end of a 23-18 score, however for the most part, the team was mostly happy and satisfied with what they accomplished. At the end of the first half, with mostly App State starters, they were only down 14-12. Once Marv Hudson had moved the ball inside the 30 yard line they were shutting down the air attack and utilizing the running game. His longest pass was 16 yards and the whole day was intended to give him a lesson in eating the clock and controlling the pace. It gave Brian Faraday 6 opportunities that he converted each time with ease. Marv Hudson used short passes and Boge Hollins to keep the Appalachian State defense on their toes all through the first half. By the second half Junior Contralco was getting most of the running assignments to give Boge some time off that he used constructively picking Coach Winslow's brain for strategy as he play called.

Kemmer Brooks and Tim Waters were given little opportunity to break free being used for just short yardage pass plays and blocking assignments. Coach Winslow was truly using the scrimmage to iron out and highlight some problems his inexperienced quarterback was having.

Actually, if not for a freak score to close out the first half, NEAT may have won this game. In one on the few times the NEAT offense totally stalled they were on their own 31 yard line and Oksana came into punt. She got away a dandy that looked like it might pin State behind their own 20. However the first Green Aggie defender tried to make a high hit on the receiver just after he tucked the ball to his body. He spun away and found a key block and he was off to the races with only one NEAT pursuer in his way, Oksana Cushman. A long diving tackle took the ball carrier down at the Green Aggie 7 yard line.

She bounced up after the tackle and headed for the bench while her teammates surrounded her in support. She made it clear she was here to play the game and whatever it took, she would do. She didn't want to hear "nice play, for a girl." Unfortunately, the defense wasted her effort when NEAT lined up for a goal line stand and the State quarterback faked a hand off and rolled out, sneaking in on the right side. Frank Ruffen sputtered aloud and openly on the sideline about not preparing his defensive backfield for the play.

NEAT opened the second half offense with Mark Freeman at quarterback and June Bokue at wide receiver, a move to satisfy the fans. Freeman kept the offense conservative completing short yardage passes to June on consecutive plays. Then he used Kemmer Brooks lined up at fullback with a full backfield of Hollins and Contralco, using the bench play-call of a 33 Lead to get the first down. Coach then sent in a 33 Lead Keeper where the 33 Lead unfolds as normal but the Quarterback keeps the ball and follows the fullback and looks for a hole. Freeman got through for an 11 yard gain and a first down. State then tightened up their middle defense and bottled up the running game. Hoping to catch lightning in a bottle, Freeman missed his receiver on a disappointing third down Flood Pass. The Flood Pass puts four receivers running same side patterns, usually left, as the Quarterback rolls that way. If no one is open he has the option of running, but with 4 receivers in the same zone, it's unlikely. Junior Contralco running from the right side tight end position and June Bokue from the left side wide-out were both open, but Freeman over threw a wobbly floater to the sidelines. No matter the outcome, it was going to be Mark Freeman's last set of downs for the day, but Jordy Alford was mad at himself for convincing Jared to run the play. He felt Freeman was ready to succeed with it, but Mark threw off the wrong foot and lost control.

Freeman came to the sidelines dejected but Coach Winslow put an arm around him to encourage him and kept him with him as the defense worked 4 quick downs. Mark thought Coach would send him back in when the offense took over, but he kept him at his side. He verbalized all of his thoughts as he called the plays for Marv Hudson, letting him know his strategy on each play, showing him where it might have failed, and where it could have been more successful. He told Mark that he thought he was competent and could run the offense in a pinch. While Freeman had been dejected at being pulled, when he finally got to sit on the bench he was happy with his role of understudy and felt his coach had confidence in his abilities.

After the failed 3rd down Flood Pass and Oksana Cushman's Green Aggie punt, The Mountaineers of App State seemed to borrow the strategy of Winning Winslow for the rest of the day, keeping the ball on the ground and controlling the clock with short passes mixed in. They kicked 3 field goals and dominated the clock for much of the rest of the third quarter, while NEAT did much of the same for the fourth, but only managing 2 field goals and a lost opportunity on a fumble.

The Green Aggie defense got a lot of the workout it needed against the running game and short pass. Despite the final score it was apparent that Coach Winslow, his assistants and their staffs were all happy on the flight home. The only part of their game they hadn't worked out under game conditions was the long gain pass play. They all knew that Marv Hudson was deadly accurate and only needed to teach him not to hurry or be over confident. In intra-squad scrimmages he had learned that he had a great corps of receivers with good hands and moves. Learning to use them wisely would come. Winslow would feel better holding back using this facet of their game until their defense put them in the kind of hole where they HAD to score quick and often. Until they established themselves, showboating and running up a score was out of the question. For now controlling the clock and the ball was his objective.

After getting home and the team settled on the bus from Burlington back for the last leg of their trip, Coach told the assembled team that Saturdays report card would be pushed back to 1:00 pm from its original 11:00 am.

"Get some sleep and be here for 1:00 o'clock. A workout is not mandatory, as it will never be the day after a game during the season. Don't worry, I won't even check who does or doesn't. You all put in a great day today, we can pick it apart a little tomorrow. Get some sleep." Jared said with a little knowing smile.

He was sure there would be a little steam letting before some of them got to bed.

Coach Winslow got to his office at 11:45 on Saturday to prepare to meet his coaches at noon before the team report card. He no more than sat down at his desk when Ira Pressley came in with Julie Murcer.

"Coach, can we have a few minutes?"

"Sure, come on in and close the door."

"Julie came to me last night quite disappointed that she hadn't gotten into the game yesterday. She felt it might have been her only chance to see some action and was quite upset. I let her know it was logistics and not any doubts of her abilities." Ira started, speaking for Julie and himself.

"I don't want to be on this team just to be a roommate for Oksana. You have June here now, put her on the squad and stop ... well, I should just say that I feel I'm being jerked around a bit." Julie interjected before Coach could respond.

"Julie, I told you when you made the team that playing time for a back-up place kicker would be little if any, but it was a position I had to fill. I could have recruited among the ranks and found SOMEONE who has a little experience, but I wanted YOU. Number one, because you're very good, and number two, because of the situation with Oksana." He started.

"But YOU said... " She jumped in before Coach raised his hand in a stop motion.

"Let me finish! I told you that you would get the next PAT shots and just because we didn't get any touchdowns in yesterdays scrimmage doesn't mean I'm going back on that." He promised.

"So I'll get all the kicks in the inter-squads, that still won't get me a click!" She spat as she sat back in her chair and crossed her arms defensively.

"No, I mean in next weeks league game. When we score a touchdown the PAT is yours." Jared said with a little grin.

"The first game, the first touchdown? That should be Brian's. He earned it." She said softly.

"No, he came to me and said he wants you to have it. He says YOU earned it for all the help you've given him. Coach Nietczyk can beat his brains in on the mechanics and all that, but you put it all in perspective for him. He's a great athlete but he's had doubts and you've made it look so easy for him. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you in North Carolina, but I wasn't going to let you down." Coach told her, sure he made her happy.

"I was worried I'd be the only one who didn't lose their cherry, get my domino." She said exhaling deeply in a sign of relief.

"Excuse me? What... ?" Jared asked, startled at her words.

"Easy Winnie, it's just a figure of team-speak. As each player got into a game Boge and Jazz were giving out dominos to put on their dressing stalls. They called it losing their cherry. I'm sure the National Organization for Women would like that." He explained, finishing with a sarcastic tone.

Julie burst out laughing saying, "They don't understand how we can all be in the same locker room with out being raped, so I don't think they would understand that."

Coach Winslow startled a moment and then spat out "You actually haven't been questioned by them, have you?"

"I think a reporter or some group fished for a story when we deplaned in Burlington last night. Oksana, June and I were all stopped and asked the same two questions at different places in the airport while we waited for the busses."

"WHAT QUESTIONS?" Jared demanded.

"Don't get all crazy coach. We ALL know NOT to say anything to anyone unless it's sanctioned by the school. They asked "Are the boys having a good time with you in the locker room?" and "Have you seen the pictures of you undressing on the internet?". A different person, but always a woman, asked each of us and NONE of us said anything, not even a "no comment". It wasn't a big deal. We know it's going to happen and we aren't going to let anyone ruin what we've done." Julie said evenly, showing she was undaunted by any outside pressure.

"I'll speak to the whole team and make sure we keep this stance. I have to get with Ann Comeche and have her choose an outlet to bring in to see we have it all under control. Julie, would you be offended if we had a matron, a sort of overseer, in the locker room? I trust my team and I don't think we have anyone that any of the girls has to worry about, but it has been suggested." Coach asked.

"Right now I would think it might send a signal to the guys that we thought there was a problem, and none of us feel that way. Besides some of the kidding, you know ball-busting, and that goes back and forth, it's been respectful to everyone. We've each been asked out on dates by guys on the team and we've all refused, just saying that during the season it can't happen. Boge overheard one guy ask me and I think he's talked to everyone. These guys, well all of us, really look up to him. His Dad is awesome too. He introduced him to all of us after the BC game." She said measuring her words to the Coach to be sure he understood her feelings.

"Alright, it sounds like we're all on the same page here then. You girls just have to know that what we are doing here is unprecedented and it's not going to happen elsewhere, at least not right away, if anything goes wrong. To give you your own locker room would cause some dissension and make it a "my team, your team" situation. We'll talk it over after the report card today." Coach said wanting to finish up the meeting.

"Coach Winslow, Coach Pressley, thank you both for hearing me out and understanding, and making me happy. Our high school program in Oklahoma consisted of all people I knew and grew up with, and right here I think we're closer as a group with a goal. Thanks!" Julie said as she got up to get ready for the meeting.

"Julie, one more thing," Coach Pressley wondered, "How did you handle the locker room in Oklahoma?"

"There were two of us girls, me and a lineman, ha! — linewoman. We had to change in the girls room and meet in the team room, outside the boys locker room. After games we had to go home to shower. It was OK, nothing like here with our own shower room." She said before walking down the corridor.

"That WAS the COACHES shower, you know!" Ira Pressley hollered loud enough with a laughing indignance.

Despite the fact they were grading a loss, a scrimmage loss, the report card meeting was mostly positive. Defensive lapses were the most prevalent complaint and Frank Ruffen took the brunt of the blame saying he should have prepared them better inside the 10. He didn't feel he fully explained jobs, duties, and key things to watch in some of their defensive sets. He spent a few minutes explaining the difference between 3rd and short in the middle of the field and 3rd or 4th and goal inside the 5. i.e.: the key positions to watch and movement inside the signal call.

Jared acknowledged that Julie had been the only player not to get into a game and he was rewarding her by giving her the first PAT in a season game as requested by Brian Faraday. The whole team cheered for her before she was pelted by a volley of socks from the very lockers they sat in front of ... It was a team thing Boge and Jazz came up with when a team member got a chance to "puff up" as Boge called it. Boge came across the room with a domino and gave it to her.

"Here's your domino, just keep it in your helmet until you can put it up on your locker." He said with a fist bump and a smile. "We all know you'll earn it."

Hand claps and cheers of "click, click, click" came from the assembled players.

Once calm was restored Coach got serious.

"Now we have to talk about a problem that cropped up last night in Burlington and will probably dog us all year..."

Coach went over the policies of speaking to anyone about the locker room situation and everything Julie had brought up in her private meeting. If anyone was not in agreement with the university's stand, the coaches' stand, or even the girls' stand on the situation, they didn't let it be known.

"A workout today is optional, just keep in mind the last two-a-day is tomorrow and then it's a regular game week schedule. As you know, we open right here against Maine State University one week from today. We'll go over what we know about them during the week, but I do know they are a team with few freshman and they scored a lot of points last year. So they have experienced players. Coach Alford and I will work with our offense to open it up a bit more this week and also get Mark Freeman some snaps so he can take over if necessary. Through our practices, inter squad scrimmages and 2 scrimmage games we have set most of our positions. I've been really happy with the defense, you guys have made a ton of progress and all you need now is playing time together to gel. Now we have to fine tune a bit and recognize problems, work on areas where we seem to come up short. Overall I'm happy on both sides of the ball. Now, we may get worse before we get better, but unless I'm missing something," He said, pausing and looking around the room at each face of each player who sat on a stool in front of his or her locker, "We will win more games than we lose."

Smiles broke out on faces around the room as they exuded confidence. Jared Winslow felt sure he had prepared the team quite well for the week before their first game. The Sunday two-a-day was going to be a day of game situations, drilling basics into everyone with constant position rotation. By Mondays afternoon practice they would be ready to concentrate on their first opponent, but Sunday was going to be a long day.

The weather had been typical Northern New England for early Fall with cool nights and days that barely flirted with 70 degrees. Leaves, especially the maples, were already turning and a few were falling. This particular Saturday, however, was turning into a throwback to July with temps in the middle to upper 70's. The weatherman already warned of cool air from Canada about to make a plunge across New England for the next few days, sure to paint the foliage and begin to fulfill the dull graying promise of winter. To many Vermonters it meant a last chance to be out in a summer situation and the Saturday timing of this last gasp of summer filled local parks and lake shores with families.

When Jared got home from the Stadium he found Meaghan putting the finishing touches on a picnic lunch she had prepared and was packing into the SUV. When Jared walked into the house his senses perked up with the smells from the kitchen.

"Wow, I smell your mothers fried chicken, it feels like Sunday dinnertime at the Mahaffey house." He said as he came up behind Meg and kissed the back of her neck.

"When I told my Mom we were going to picnic today she emailed me the recipe for you. I bet we had fried chicken on 3 Sundays in 4 back then, and you never missed a chance to get an invite. I got a butterscotch pie, lots of veggies, chips, dips, macaroni salad and a Cole slaw all packed." Meaghan said turning to hug her man.

Jared laughed and looked around, asking "Where's Declan?"

"He's in his room doing a time-out. He had a temper tantrum because he's going to miss playing next door. I guess Mike Denault is getting a bouncy house, or what ever they call it, for his daughters birthday party tomorrow. Mike told the boys they could use it today because they have to leave the little girls alone tomorrow for the party. The Mom of the other little boy Declan plays with is bringing the boys to see a movie tomorrow to get them out of the way." Meg explained.

"So Declan, Mike and Tracy Denault's son, and the Fletcher boy are going to the movies so they don't terrorize the little girls birthday party? Does this mean we're going to be alone?" Jared said doing a u-turn from heading to Declan's room.

Meaghan blushed knowingly and nodded, adding, "If I don't have to warm Declan's butt, he'll be going. He's on notice right now that if he has one more outburst he'll be getting a spanking and be grounded all day Sunday. You better talk to him and let him know some of the rules. He thinks he's on vacation here, I think."

Jared walked to Declan's room and found him sitting on his bed pouting.

"What's this I hear about you giving your Mom a hard time? Don't you think she's had enough problems to do that? Don't you want to go with us on a picnic? It'll be the last one this year." Jared said somewhat sternly, letting the boy know he was disappointed.

"I want to play in the bounce house. Why can't I stay here?" He said boldly.

"If you stay here, who'll play Frisbee with me, or go to the petting zoo in the park with me? Your Mom and I want to do things as a family, and if you stay here, how is that a family?" He asked trying to reason with Declan.

"I'LL MISS THE BOUNCY HOUSE!" He yelled back defiantly.

Jared closed the door and went to Declan. "If your Mom hears you being bold and having a tantrum she'll come in here and spank you and you'll be home tomorrow when they go to the movies ... and you'll go on the picnic anyway."

"I'LL JUST STAY IN THE CAR!" He growled back.

Jared took his arm firmly to get his attention and put his face in his face.

"BUT YOU'LL STILL BE ON THE PICNIC, GET A SPANKING AND MISS THE MOVIE! DO YOU HEAR ME?" Jared said firmly hoping he got through to him as he heard Meaghan approaching down the hall.

Jared got to the door before she did and he slipped out, putting his finger to his lips in a "shush" to her. He closed the door behind him and shooed her back up the hallway.

"Let him stew for a second before you go in there. He knows the situation. If he acts up and gets spanked and grounded, it will have been his choice. Let him think on it for a minute." He said quietly.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.