The River Rat
Part 2

Copyright© 2007 by Anthony Concept

Romantic Sex Story: Part 2 - A small engineering workshop is given the contract to refurbish a massive gearbox. See how the workshop expands and its employees develops with it. The title 'River Rat' doesn't become obvious until midway through the story. Not a stroke story

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Safe Sex   Slow  

Chapter 1: On the River Rat

Minnie and I went to the boat yard that was selling the River Rat. When we saw her it was love at first sight. She was no sleek speed cruiser but a solid, beamy comfortable looking boat.

"Why the River Rat?" asked Minnie

"If you have seen a water rat you would understand, they are suited to their environment; they easily adapt to any situation and are tough as old boots. They're also sleek but that don't apply in this case" the agent replied with a grin.

The boat was in survey which had been done prior to putting it on the market. She had been slipped for the survey and her bottom cleaned and new anti-foul applied. The outside was freshly painted and the general appearance was that of a well maintained vessel.

On the inside there was a master cabin and two smaller guest cabins. The shower and toilet were a bit pokey but you don't spend all day them. They galley had a small gas cooker with 4 burners and an oven grill. There was a gas fridge freezer and a full compliment of pots, pans and flatware. Most of the bedding was included so it was almost a case of move in with little fuss.

The motor was a good robust little diesel which had recently had a full overhaul; there was also an alternator for when the boat wasn't hooked into shore utilities. Marine radio, depth sounder and all the required marine safety equipment were in good order.

After the usual haggling process I was the new owner of the River Rat.

Minnie and I christened 'Ratty" (as we affectionately dubbed her) in our usual romantic manner.

"I think its time for me to let you get on with your life" she murmured after an energetic encounter, "You seem to have got your health back, now you need to get your head around the fact that there is more to life than Folden Engineering".

"I realise now that I had made my work my whole life. I fully intend on exploring other interests but I still need to keep in touch with the workshop".

Once I got established and learnt all the little quirks that Ratty had, I looked around for a marina that I could use as a base. I discovered a quite spot owned by a semi-retired boat builder by the name of Jack Green. The rates were reasonable, the berths were well situated and it was not overcrowded. There was a nice looking old style pub across the road and a row of converted warehouses with a variety of shops in them.

With a need to top up my supplies I grabbed a shoulder pack and headed for the local mini market figuring to have a drink on my return. Shopping complete I dropped into the pub; you could cut the silence with a knife as I walked into the bar. The bar lady was heading toward me when an attractive but angry looking woman approached me shouting "Get out you bastard, we don't need your type here"

"Whoa there Jessie" shouted the bar lady, "I don't need you to drive paying customers away, I've enough financial worries without the loss of sales."

"He's a snooper for that bastard Cole" said Jessie.

"Go and sit down and I'll sort this out"

When Jessie had left us the bar lady introduced herself as Bessie Metcalf. She went on to explain that the pub was the local hangout for the sisterhood and that the lezzies tried to haze any males off. That, coupled with the knowledge that Brian Cole, a developer, had bought up all but one of the warehouses and the pub in the block. He was in cahoots with the local council's building and planning officer, a gentleman by the name of John Shaw who was making deliberate attempts to close them down by using unrealistic building code violations.

"I can assure you that I'm not involved with either of these gentlemen". I then went on to tell her that I was using the marina as my base and I was semi-retired. I enquired more about the attempts by Cole to buy them out. Jimmy Ah the owner of the remaining warehouse had been getting similar demands on him. Jimmy's ancestors had bought the land in the early 1800's and had built the warehouses, selling all of them but the big one in the centre, this they kept for themselves, living above it.

As a businessman I've always tried to be as honest as I could, I could drive a hard bargain but would never stoop to cheating. This affair with the developer and the council official rankled me, so being the nosey bastard I was I got on the phone to Sam Delaney. I know that Delaney had at different time used the services of an investigator.

"Sam Delaney"

"Hi Sam, Jim Folden"

"Hi there Jim, how are you recovering?"

"Great Sam, bought a boat and just bumming around enjoying life"

"Lucky sod, could do with a bit of that myself"

"Sam, you used the services of an investigator a few times, could you recommend him?"

"Yeah, chap by the name of Peter Finch, he's thorough and doesn't rip you off,"

"Could you give him my number; I think he might be able to help some friends of mine."

"I'll do that Jim; if I get a chance I might drop by and experience some of that 'bumming around' as well".

A few hours later I received a call from Peter Finch.

"Mr Folden, Sam told me I might be of assistance"

"Thanks for your call Peter, could we meet somewhere?"

I explained where I was located and it appeared his office was only a short distance from the marina, so we arranged to meet the next afternoon.


Chapter 2: Peter Finch PI

I met with Peter in his office and we discussed the implications of Bessie's dealings with Cole and Shaw. I suggested we approach the State building regulator to see if any of these code violations were legal.

"The first thing we need to establish is there any evidence of graft here" said Peter, "I'll sound around a few of my contact to see if anyone smells a rat, its surprising how careless people can be when they think no one is looking."

We left his office and went over to Bessie's pub, the usual glares from the sisterhood welcomed us but Bessie sounded her warning to them.

I introduce Peter to her. A quick call to Jimmy Ah who came over straight away and we all went into her back office to further discuss the matter.

"Why are you going to all this trouble and expense to help us" she enquired. "Firstly I'm a strong believer in fair play, secondly I've made Green's marina my base and this pub will be my watering hole: that is, if the sisterhood will accept me as an honorary lezzy" I responded. "Fat chance of the lezzy bit" she laughed. Peter asked for a copy of all the supposed code violations so he could talk to the State regulator. He asked a few more questions before leaving.

A week later an excited Peter rang me, "we've got the bastards" he chortled, "a contact that works in the bank that Shaw uses has copies of two cheques from Cole. She had a lot of hassles from Shaw when she was building her house, so, knowing he had an account with her bank she kept an eye on any transactions that he made."

"We can't make this information public but a word in the right ears could see an investigation into both Shaw for accepting a bribe and Cole for corrupting a public official." He went on "I contacted the State building regulator and the information is that most of these so called code violations are hogwash."

"A call to the Shire's CEO about Shaw's behaviour and another to the State prosecutor's office should do the trick" he said smiling in satisfaction.

Several days later Bessie received a visit from the Shire CEO accompanied by their legal officer; they were full of apologies which she angrily rejected. "If you were doing your job properly you would have noticed that there was a lot of dissatisfaction with Shaw's clients. He has been acting like a little tin god ever since he was appointed to the post and you can't tell me that it didn't go unnoticed."

"Ahem" the legal officer cut in "a matter of compensation, the Shire is prepared to cover all expenses incurred by Mr Shaw's illegal interpretation of the building codes. However you would be required to sign a document waiving any further claims." Bessie thought for a moment and then replied "I will need to discuss this with my lawyer and Jimmy Ah before I make any commitment. I think that will be all for now gentlemen, I have a pub to run and it won't do it on its own."

After the Shire people departed Bessie called a meeting of the sisterhood, Jimmy Ah, Peter Finch and me. Amidst the icy glares of the ladies she got up to speak. "Folks, we have just received an apology for the behaviour of Shaw from the Shire, they have offered to compensate me for all the illegal demands he made." Looking pointedly at the sisterhood she continued "you are all acquainted with Jim and Jimmy Ah, the other guy is Peter Finch, he's a private investigator. If it weren't for these gentlemen you would soon be looking for a new watering hole." Continuing she said "these chaps are responsible for the exposure of Shaw and Mr Cole is at this moment answering questions about bribing a public officer."

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.