Artists and Abstracts - Cover

Artists and Abstracts

Copyright© 2007 by excelerent

Vacation

The parents were none to happy ... my journey home was ... loud, with mom screaming about my suspension and muttering about how much I have changed ... I eventually tuned her out, but it wasn't easy...

And so I was grounded on my personal vacation.

Locks cant hold me...

One day and I was bored, I had run out of things to do, after a breakout attempt mid-night, dad dead bolted the door and now I was a prisoner, but really, me, a prisoner ... not gonna happen.

I woke up after a bit of pulling on the shades, which just happened to be in pieces now, no big, shade got boring far too easy.

Trudging over to the door I felt for the lock on the other side, the holes drilled in the wood frame were slight but not invisible, this was to be a first, I had always seen my target before striking out with my mind (to which I attributed all of my powerful successes ... my body acted only as a battery)

I felt my way to the door like a snake traversing a wide field, a tendril of my mind escaped and felt it way to the unknown, I visualized what the door looked like from that side, easy because I had seen it for the better part of my life, and superimposed a deadbolt onto where the holes said it should be. Then I waited, finding the center was, by far the greatest challenge, without seeing, I guessed and after a several long minutes of trying the bolt slid upward, and I slid down, the door that is ... sitting on the rough carpet and waiting until my muscles had the strength to get me up.

That little show had set me back quite a bit, heart beating slow, drifting in and out of consciousness, swaying and never truly livid, for over an hour ... so I waited, the price I pay for testing my limits.

When I woke up for the fifteenth or so time, I managed to look up and extend my mind thought the door, much easier this time, but still taxing, I felt for the lock before the exhaustion took full hold and found that the center had shifted, luckily the bolt wasn't oiled well enough to fall back into place, the friction of the steel holding it in place, so I pushed again and felt the door loosen.

...

Once free I worked quick, fighting tiredness, knowing it would pass in time.

I snuck out of those oppressive four walls and onto the dimly lit streets, flowing between the sidewalks and daring a car to try me ... after a while of forcing pebbles out of the way, I turned to the street lamps busting the bulbs without touching the glass, I could only imagine the look on the repairman's face...

Ten minutes and I had become the serial killer of streetlights in the maple street area, knocked over a mailbox or two.

Excitement.

The freedom felt good, the wind felt free, but I was losing amusement ... far too quickly, so I made a beeline for the bad side of town.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.