Artists and Abstracts - Cover

Artists and Abstracts

Copyright© 2007 by excelerent

Changes

It's amazing how quickly a moment blends into the next, a day into a week, weeks blurring into months, months morphing into years...

Life seemed to end after the nickel incident, my hobby grew into an obsession, I withdrew from what friends I had, I had always been a loner to some extent, but rarely passed a familiar face without a smile, I was 'sociable', I did have a select group of friends who were fairly close, but in four months time even they faded.

Sad as it may seem, I hardly noticed, before I was too shy to initiate a conversation, now I didn't care. I still went to school, but found myself leaving the first rows to occupy the back of the class, I could pass an entire day without a word sometimes. Lunch found me in the farthest corner I could find, 'life' was just the interlude between power plays.

Power though was not my only talent, I picked up more then one new trick, knowledge. I was practically a computer now. Math, once my most feared nemesis felt like second nature, that took me only days to realize, as I faced off versus my hotshot math teacher in a game of 'can she make a problem he can't solve', half hour later, I won and was receiving a detention for calling my math teacher a stupid whore ... while laughing.

As I became more rebellious, I found myself not caring about much anymore, I would lift the mail from the mailbox, in plain daylight, close the door with a burst of energy instead of a gentle push, crush cans found on random side walks that 'just happened' to jump out of the hands of careless kids. I lived to practice.

I had made hundreds of leaps and bounds in my power, how to lift an object and hold it steady all in one motion, how to expand my focus to push on a larger area (but with less force), how to connect my focus to two (or more) objects at once ... I was the king of my own mountain.

Mountains weather.

The doctors forced me back to the hospital about once a month, I was their little lab rat, the kid with the super brain, more then one of them claimed the 'discovery' but I refused to allow my condition to be published. I held nothing but contempt for the myriad of 'specialists' who would stop by the house to 'check up'.

H

Suspended

Lovely word, I chuckled each time I heard it, they just love to threaten you with a vacation...

I knew I had no friends, I didn't realize I had made enemies, I just didn't care.

Lunchtime again, sat in my little corner and scanned the room, constantly extending my focus to its limit, about fifty feet now ... Or so.

I smiled at that.

Smiling brought me new ideas, pushing my focus to its limit, I began to wreak mayhem, pushing chairs, toppling trays ... nobody found that odd.

I hardly noticed half the football team walking my way, our school was far from 'clicky' but if you stood alone you were fair game for taunts ... I didn't take taunting well.

"hey scumbag!" I turned to find a scowling linebacker eyeing me, I knew his name a long time ago... "your in our fucking way" he smiled

Maybe he thinks he's clever...

"I'm in a corner blockhead, leave me alone" my voice held no tone at all ... flat ... eerie

"Smartass looking to get beat, huh"

Green means go...

I smiled, and without even caring, pushed, It didn't surprise me how easily the feeling had come, I was on a hair trigger pretty much all the time

Needless to say he fell, toppling his most of his goons on the way to the floor...

That stunt got me vacation.

suspension

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.