Bravo Force - Cover

Bravo Force

Copyright© 2007 by Robin Pentecost

Chapter 6: The Offer

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 6: The Offer - Prudence Whiteside is a brilliant manager. She's also a competent small force commander, a talent she denies. Terry Sideman runs a company that can use all her skills. The time: the mid-twenty-fifth century. A lot has changed but some things remain the same.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Slow  

Ever since the United Nations was granted general police powers by the member governments, the Office of the Secretary General had become responsible for international policing. At various times, the General Assembly had expanded and redefined the OSG's roles, mainly during the periods when the Charter was revised and expanded.

Today the OSG, in addition to police powers, had responsibility for assuring what might loosely be referred to as "freedom". Freedom meaning: freedom of the press, of expression, peaceful assembly as well as the various freedoms guaranteed in the original UN Charter. As a result, the world today was reasonably peaceful and citizens were about as free as they had ever been — and much more than at intervals in the past.

No one was certain whether this would last, of course, but it was OSG's job to keep an eye on things. Its mission was to leave things alone unless local law enforcement could not deal with problems.

Pru went through the routine. She took out her remote to suck the text of the non-disclosure agreement, and then read it on the com and transferred her signature codes to it. As she uploaded the final document, the red banner on the com screen disappeared. She looked at Terry again.

"We have two major tasks," he began. "First, we operate the Neo-Tantra schools worldwide, teaching our philosophy and practice. It is a profitable business and the profits are re-invested. The business is mine as sole proprietor, and I've been running it quite a bit longer than since I've had a connection with the OSG. That's only been the last four years or so. Of course, if that connection becomes public knowledge, I'm pretty much out of business. As it stands, Neo-Tantra is an interesting and challenging business that I think you'll find worth your time.

"The other task is what we do for the OSG. It's our job to gather and evaluate intelligence from various areas around the world. Our primary focus is to identify and monitor organizations that plan terror activities or that support or aid such groups. We're also interested in dealing with corruption, censorship, repression or other activities that are 'contrary to world order'. We try to be careful as we do this. We don't want to invade privacy and do our best to avoid doing it.

"Our Neo-Tantra people aren't the ones who go in and round those fellows up. Mostly, we identify and monitor — that's risky enough. Our people try to gather information, as far as possible, without exposing themselves to the risk of joining these groups — it's not in our interest to lose valuable people or to appear to be involved with subversives. We have many methods for tracking these activities from a distance, and we quickly turn leads over to the OSG for follow-up. You'll learn about that if you join us.

"The reason for the combination of these two activities is that Neo-Tantra gives us a pretty innocent entré into most developed societies, and we get a lot of input from our students that often turns out to be useful on the 'other side'. That's how we got into this in the first place: one of our Neo-Tantra schools started hearing rumors. We reported them to the OSG and that resulted in some interesting discoveries by the enforcement people."

Pru took advantage of a pause. "I can see how things work together. What do you want from me?"

"I'm a little unsure, myself," Terry replied. "At first, I had you down as my eventual replacement in running Neo-Tantra."

"As I said before," Pru interrupted, "you hardly know me."

"I've done a lot more research than you know about, Pru. I'm aware of the work you did with student groups in China, and of the wide circle of admiring friends you have in Morocco. In fact, if you decide to come in with us, I'd suggest you visit your folks for a week or two before you report for duty."

"Arabic is my weakest language, Terry."

"From what I hear on the ground, it's good enough to make you a respected member of the ladies in the souk. That's good enough for me. We don't need you to go undercover.

"But, we're wandering. I want you to take on the operation of Neo-Tantra as Chief Operating Officer. I'll continue as CEO until you're sure of yourself." He mentioned a substantial salary and benefits package that represented a big boost in Pru's income. "Before you start, you'll need to take our three-week intensive course in Neo-Tantra. That will give you a start on the background and understanding you need to have to run the company."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.