Where Angels Fear To Tread - Cover

Where Angels Fear To Tread

Copyright© 2007 by Sphynx

Chapter 1: Only Two Rules

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 1: Only Two Rules - Ross Carver is an eros, a person with the ability to make people fall in love. He has only two rules: Never let anyone know what you are, and never, ever fall in love. A modern retelling of Cupid and Psyche

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   First  

School was boring. If there had to be a poll among students aged five to eighteen years old, the general consensus would say that high school is useless. It is filled with under paid teachers that do not give a rip about what they are teaching, ignore the students that are actually struggling, and focus on the ones who are great in sports.

And people wonder why America's status is so low when it comes to general education.

My high school was no different. The grand total of my high school counted 334, and that included junior high. Gossip flowed freely, and if something happened, it was in every class before the end of the day (if not the hour.) New students were seen as "fresh meat", girls to be corrupted by guys who could not get laid, and girls looking for someone else to complain to.

It was sad, really. People wonder why I hate public school.

The new girl this week was no exception. As soon as Southwest High caught wind of a new student, chatter began to fill the hallways. The males wondered if she was hot (as did the girls. Who wanted competition?) and the girls began forming plans on how to get her into 'their' group. I hated cliché's. Always had.

Unfortunately for me, my sister was a big part of them.

"I hope she's nice." Alaina was babbling to me, not noticing the fact that I was all but ignoring her. "It would be good to get a girl into this school who hasn't been with every guy on the block. You know that Stephanie Wilder will be at her throat if she's pretty and --"

"Alaina, shut up. Seriously."

She pinned me with a look. "God, Ross, who made you king of the universe?"

I rolled my eyes. "Forgive me for being sick of listening to drivel all day." I sighed, giving up explaining how I felt.

Alaina, thankfully, caught on. She grinned and leaned toward me across the table. "What's the dibs today. Who's dying for who?"

I laughed quietly. "Stephanie is still in love with Ashton, but he's got the hots for everyone except for her. Seems to think she's a bit too... Easy."

"Isn't that what guys want?"

"Alaina!"

She laughed, tossing her blond hair over her shoulder. "Kidding, Ross, I'm kidding. I'm a little stupid -- not all of us can read emotions like you can, you know."

Oh, how well I knew. The bell rang, informing the students it was time for first hour. Thank God. Maybe once class started, and the new girl was introduced, the chatter would die down.

People filed into class, mumbling amongst themselves. Mr. Banner, the English teacher followed after them, leading a young girl with him. Ah. That must be her. He waited until the final bell rang before raising his hand. All eyes focused on the girl beside him.

She was tiny. Not a tiny that entailed too tall, too skinny girls, terrified by their weight, but a tiny that seemed to make her shrink into a crowd without notice. I honestly could not imagine the girl was much taller than five foot. Standing next to the six foot tall Mr. Banner, she seemed almost a child.

The girl nervously tucked a stray piece of hair behind her hear, her eyes scanning the room nervously. Even without scanning her thoughts, it was easy to see she was nervous. Who would not be? Every eye in the room was focused on her. She smiled shyly, looking uncertainly around the room -- looking for a friendly face, I imagined.

"Are you going to stand there all day, or will you tell us who you are?" Jeremy Reeve, ever the thoughtful one. Go figure he would be the first to speak up. Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, or Senior, if a new girl entered the school, Jeremy was the first one to make a move.

If it was not for the fact I could hear his thoughts about relationships and had proof, I would have never believed Jeremy had ever scored a girlfriend.

The girl looked startled, her eyes wide. Swallowing, she smiled once again. "My name is Enid Grey..." She looked up at Mr. Banner, who nodded toward the rest of the class. "Um... I used to live about three hours from here. It is a bit different from here..." She trailed off again, shrugging. "I am here. That is all I can really say."

I could already see Jeremy trying to find a way to ask this girl out. I suddenly felt very bad for Enid.

Mr. Banner nodded and pointed her toward a desk, the one closest to my own, and End walked toward it. She smiled shyly at me as she took her seat, then focused forward.

"Enid, hmm?"

She turned to face me, her face etched with curiosity. "Yes?"

"Odd name."

Enid raised an eyebrow. It was one of those things I had always wished I could do. My mother and sisters could both put me in place with that one eyebrow of theirs. It had to be a woman thing.

"Do you have a problem with my name?"

I shook my head, amused. "Not at all. It is unique. Different and refreshing."

"You like to talk, don't you?" Enid looked amused, and her shyness seemed to ease away. I knew people like this -- girls who were shy until you brought them out of their shell. Once uncovered, they proceeded to chatter about something mundane that made you want to shoot yourself. Enid was fresh meat, and hopefully not meat that would end up being the useless, brainless, air-headed girls that Southwest High was filled with.

From the looks of things, she wasn't. I focused back to our conversation. "How can you tell?" Realizing I had not introduced myself, I stuck out my hand. "I'm Ross. Ross Carver."

Enid laughed, quietly, and shook my hand. "Is that your way of trying to become James Bond?"

"Well, I am dashing you know..." Oh, if this girl only knew. Then again, if she did know, she would probably think me out of my mind. Exactly how were you supposed to say something like that? 'Hello, my name is Ross Carver, and I am basically a modern day Cupid. How are you?'

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.