Darth Demus: Star Wars
Part 5

Copyright© 2007 by Cylis Derrens

Things were going as well as it could be expected for Master Windu and Yoda at first. While their troops had suffered casualties, they were retaking Coruscant inch by inch.

"In a matter of hours we should be at the Senate building. It's hard work but we are making headway." Windu said.

Nodding in agreement Yoda said, "Wondering am I how Master Kenobi is carrying on."

"He should have reported in by now." Mace admitted.

Reaching out through the Force he tried to find Obi Wan, but a dark fog clouded his senses.

"Feel that do you?" Yoda asked looking at his comrade.

"Yes it reminds me of the dark shroud Sidious used against us, but who could it be. Sidious is dead and his apprentice has not been seen in sometime." Windu said his eyes scanning their surroundings wary of what might be out there.

"Returned perhaps he has. Bode well for us it does not." Yoda replied also looking around.

Sudden movement to the left on one of the other platforms caused Windu to focus on it, when he did his danger sense went off.

"Down!" Windu said diving for the ground.

Yoda and a few others who had heard him followed suit. Those that didn't were quickly cut down in massive continuous crossfire. Republic troops fell suffering multiple hits from precise blaster fire.

Through the milling confusion Windu saw new troops wearing Heavy Mandolorian combat armor moving in. Only Yoda and Windu were able to make a run for it, as the Mandolorians focused their fire hitting even prone Republic troops.

Some of them made it to their feet, but none made it more than a few steps. Even clone troops hadn't been that precise. It was like a nightmare no one could have ever predicted.

Where had these reinforcements come from? What was more how had Demus found them?

The Mandolorians were supposed to be practically extinct, and hadn't been seen in some time.

Wherever they had come from they had turned the tied of battle as thousands of them joined the fray. The Republic troops had never faced anything like them.

The Mandolorians were expert marksmen and well organized, as well as better equipped. Within minutes the Republic lines crumbled and it became a ragged retreat. Some Republic troops broke and run terror overcoming them.

Both Jedi Masters knew that part of that fear was being enhanced by some outside force and Yoda suspected that Demus was in command.

'How do you like my little surprise Masters?" Demus said taunting them.

"Demus?" Windu said aloud looking for him because the voice sounded so close.

'I am pleased you still remember me. Master Obi Wan has already paid me a visit, though must admit I was not an ideal host. Perhaps you would like to join him?' Demus said.

A vision of Obi Wan in his last moments filled both their minds.

'There is no escape. Come and face your destiny. Aayla's death requires justice and you too will pay for your betrayal. I will be waiting in the Jedi Temple.' Demus said showing them where in it he was.

As if he was protecting them harm they noticed no more Mandolorians within sight as they headed toward the Jedi temple.

Finding Obi Wan's still loyal troops dig in outside they headed past them telling them to remain. At the moment the temple seemed the safest place. Even on the way they had heard Republic troops dieing whenever they tried to fight the Mandolorians.

Heading in they found Demus in the hangar bay. Looking at the still form of Obi Wan Windu and Yoda felt a deep sadness at his loss. Windu had led the way in with Yoda behind.

"Don't worry you will be joining him soon becoming one with the Force. I am aware of your teachings." Demus said.

"If aware of them you are then the truth is also known." Yoda said flanking his friend.

"And what truth is that little master? Do you actually believe that the two of you can beat me? You'll die just as Kenobi did." Demus said.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.