Black Sunset
Chapter 1

Copyright© 2007 by Jane Shield

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 1 - At the end of an era, where everything has been revealed, prodded and documented, the only mystery left in the universe is The Black Sunset. Very much WIP (work in progress)

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   NonConsensual   Science Fiction  

They called it the Black Sunset.

It was 500 meters in height and nearly 3 kilometers in length. Its width was only 100 meters, so it stood out like no other rock. Some said that it was a god's skipping stone that he'd tossed into the universe, skipping every planet until it hit Terron and buried itself into the ground.

It was a marvel to the scientists because for 10 eons of recorded history the rock stayed the same, although rain and wind in that very region was harsh. The Faraoan temples had turned to dust in the third eon, but the blackest rock in the universe didn't show the slightest sign of losing weight.

Some people called it their life, some their bane. It was a place of wonder for every night the sun set behind it, giving that black smooth rock the name 'Black Sunset'. It drew people from every corner of the universe, and the poor in the city surrounding the rock could for the busiest months thrive of their skills by selling handcrafted creations, all of them inspired by Black Sunset.

A century ago a girl with flaxen hair had captured the most beautiful view of the black rock - the one that was the hardest to duplicate — when the sun set behind it, making it look like it was the rock that was the sun, and although black never emanates light, the rays of this black sun gave itself the most beautiful aura of colors ranging from blazing red to smooth lilac. The buyer of the painting fell in love, not only with the painting, but with the girl at first sight and drew her out of poverty, and took her off to his own small planet far away in the next galaxy.

It became the dream of the poor, to have that life, to create something just as beautiful as she, and be swept away on wings of love. But they were just dreams. But dreams can be powerful, and they all tried to follow them. The young paid attention to their looks, and soon the city of Aurora's ghetto was inhabited by some of the prettiest teens in the universe. But eventually their dreams lost their glamour, and skill was preferred to beauty.

On the flanks of the rock, the rich parts of Aurora, dwelled some of the most intelligent scientists and prospering artists. Intelligence or aestheticism was praised above all else. These artists succeeded in what they were trying to attain — some of the most beautiful renditions of the black rock. And the scientists claimed that the rock had certain properties that could be harnessed and hopefully duplicated for everyday use. Some had already started experimenting against the UPU's knowledge, and some were waiting for the UPU's approval.

The experiments were the offspring of a freak accident. A cat lapped the stone of the Black Rock, and mutated. The owner of the cat, a very renowned scientist, discovered his beloved cat's new posterior, and experimented on rats. He reported his very unusual findings to the UPU, and the issue was still under discussion when other scientists discovered the very same thing - without reporting to the UPU. And not long after, they started abusing the poor and the moneystarving students. And the UPU didn't seem to bother about it.


She was fully aware of that it wasn't magic. The hard thing was to get everyone else to understand. The only logical explanation, to others, was that it was magic, and everybody knew that magic didn't existed, so therefore she had to lie.

She could imagine the looks her letter must have gotten as it passed through the first order reading. She bet that her letter didn't reach further than to the second order. It wouldn't amaze her if the first order burnt it up, because you don't take an old-fashioned ink written paper letter as seriously as a chipletter or a cybermessage. If she only could have afforded a Recorder, never mind how secondhand it was, she could have captured to whole procedure, sent that instead and show the UPU that she wasn't a lunatic.

But she was poor. So devastatingly poor. The only comfort she had was Noah. Noah... Blackfur she used to call him. Blackfur Hiddenclaws. He was exceptionally big for a housecat, not in the fat way, but his limbs were longer. He was almost the size of a lynx. She could barely lift him, not with that weight, and that fit him perfectly because he hated to be lifted and carried around like a Holewood celebrity dog.

And his black fur stayed an enigma to her. How could he have that black fur, when in human form he was fairer than her?

In human form.

Noah was a human. Just like her. And both of them suffered from the same problem, that very problem that she had tried to explain to the UPU without receiving any recognition.

Noah and Joan transformed, in cycles, into cat and dog. Noah was a cat and Joan a dog. Noah shifted every other full moon into cat and the next fullmoon into human. Joan's cycle was a bit trickier, as she could be dog for a week, human for three weeks, dog for five weeks, and then human for a week, dog for three weeks and so forth. At first it had been fun, a whole new take on life, and so much to rediscover under the guise of a new species. But soon reality came crashing down on them.

They couldn't work as they were incapacitated of manual labour. They lost their jobs, and got called of to every other employer as not trustworthy. They both lost their appartments, as they couldn't pay the rent, and ended up on the street. And as homeless people didn't exist to the government, they were quickly shunned to the backside of Aurora - Tithon - where the beggars and Bohemians dwelled. And all the other miscreants of the "Black Rock"-experiments.

Thankfully, the rents of the apartments were not so hard to overcome in Tithon.

Life with Noah wasn't always easy. Joan was sure that he felt the same way sometimes about her. She very much wanted to lead a simple, quiet life, while Noah was extravagant and required social gatherings on an almost daily basis. When he was a cat, that was easier to overlook, because he mostly stuck to her in feline form. But when he held his true form he was flirting with every skirt on the street, and more than one time Joan had stayed up, waiting for him to come home from one of his "conquisatorial nights", as she used to call them. She was amazed that he hadn't acquired any STD yet... Yet.

And if waiting up for him was bad, it was nothing to how he behaved the morning after, when he was ashamed. Or had forgotten every event from last night. Or had forgotten, but knew exactly what had transpired, and was ashamed.

There were so many different variations on how he could behave, but nothing was as bad as when he didn't feel ashamed at all, and berated her for acting that way. She tried not to yell at him that she didn't act that way. And why should he even say that? They weren't... they just weren't. They were nothing.

That didn't stop her from feeling that way.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.