I Do Not Exist - Cover

I Do Not Exist

Copyright© 2007 by Greyloc Stormshadow

Chapter 7

Six weeks, for six long weeks I have traveled the country, learned new cultures, met new and interesting people, and killed them! In each and every city I tracked down and destroyed the people on my list and in every case I found more folks that just needed to do some dying. I'm not going to say that I went crazy, but I do know that there was a lot of mindless killing. It seemed that for every asshole that I planned on killing, another ten jerks just decided that they had to get in on the fun as well. In Atlanta I popped in on Monsignor Satino while he was in the middle on his sermon. "Hi Satino, God says that you've been a very naughty boy and that you gotta burn for it. So, enjoy." With that I sent a pillar of fire down from the ceiling and burned him like he was a marshmallow. Once I was done I turned to everyone else. "Who wants to be next?" Most everybody fell to their knees begging God for forgiveness, but a handful thought it might be a better idea to rush me, bad idea on their part. I created the image of a glowing two-handed broad sword (it was in reality one of my force blades) and began to shorten them by a head. That done I looked around to survey the damage, satisfied with my work I said to the crowd "Maybe you should all find a new church and remember God is watching", then TPed home. Next was Bishop Andras.

I caught him on a Saturday night mass, I popped in the middle of the church "Hi, Laughing boy, big Daddy up stairs says you gotta die, so bye". (I released the surface tension on every cell in his body, he exploded like a half stick of dynamite), four men jumped up from the pews with Mac-10s and started firing at me (not caring who else they hit to get to me). Just because my skin is very tough, does not mean that it is bullet proof, it is merely bullet resistant, so I got hit by the first six bullets before I could get my shield up, then deciding that they should get some of their own, I stopped all the remaining bullets and threw them back with all the strength I could muster. The bloody mess that was left of them dropped to the floor as one of my clay buddies tried to grab me from behind, but slid off my shield. I turned up the temperature around me to something like a thousand degrees, pews burst into flames around me and the clay creature (suddenly dried out completely) crumbled to dust.

I looked around at the injured, dropped my shield and touched each of them and TPed them to the closest hospital, right now that was the best that I could do for them. Looking at the remaining people I sighed and TPed myself to my "Hunting Cabin" and appeared in the infirmary. Sitting down on a stool I floated some forceps into my hand and began the work of removing the six rounds from my body. It wasn't so bad, I mean in an hour or so they would have worked their way out anyway, but now in an hour you would not be able to tell that I had been shot at all. Don't get me wrong they still stung like a son of a bitch, but none of them had penetrated more than an eighth of an inch into my flesh (it's nice having carbon fiber embedded throughout your body). As I finished and put everything away, I walked into the kitchen to grab something from the 'fridge to drink and then sat down to plan my next little visit, but hopefully this one would not have as much bloodshed, either for myself or for folks around me. The last one was very bad, as it looked like they were waiting for me in the congregation. As soon as I appeared Archbishop Allocen smiled at me before I could say a word, this caused me to pause for a moment and look at him skeptically. "Aah, so nice to meet you in the flesh, so to speak.

Please allow me to introduce myself before we descend to the violence for which you have become notorious, I am 'Archbishop' (he said with little finger quotes) Allocen, but we both know that that is merely an alias for the sheep sitting around us". He turned to look at the people in their pews, "Look at them, they sit there with their vacant eyes and silly smiles on their faces, secure in their little minds that everything is right in their world", he said with a savage sneer on his face "little do they know that our discussion will decide their fates" turning to me he again smiled (like you would to a child) "if you notice in the corners of the room you will see four men with bombs strapped to their chests and dead man switches in their hands, while you might be able to get to one or two of them before the others activate their packages rest assured that nothing will stop at least one of them from blowing up and while that would be inconvenient for me, it would be catastrophic for the people in their seats and I'm sure that you would blame me for their deaths, you will have to live with the knowledge that you are ultimately responsible for their passing as you have the power to keep them alive by simply listening to me for fifteen minutes. Agree to that and I will have my men set their timers to deactivate their bombs at that time".

I looked at him in the eyes and tried to get some kind of an idea if he was telling the truth or not, but I got nothing a feedback headache in response. He waved his finger in front of his face "Naughty, naughty. We can't have you tampering with the situation, either you agree to my terms or we do this with lots of bloodshed". I figured if nothing else it would give me time to think up an alternate plan. "Okay, you got your fifteen minutes, but if you fuck me over I will make sure that for a thousand years grown men will tremble in fear when they hear about the ways that I killed you and the amount of time it took me to complete the job." I said as I smiled sweetly at him. "Fair enough, but I really think that we can do without the melodrama" he said staring at me with a stern look, then to the bombers he said "begin", and they all turned a dial on their explosive vests. He then turned and walked to one of the chairs on the raised dais and sat down, waving me towards another chair nearby. As I seated myself he looked me in the eye "let me tell you a little story". "Long ago before the universe was born there was beautiful, wonderful, all encompassing darkness. In the darkness there was life giving chaos and from this chaos was born a myriad of creatures that dwelled in the darkness and were content.

Then there came an infinitesimal spark of agony, something that never existed in all the uncounted eons before. It was a tiny mote of what would one day be called LIGHT. All the creatures that saw this ... this THING fled from the torture it brought with it, but it followed them as it grew to fill our lovely void, it chased us no matter where we ran, no hiding place was safe from it finding us. Some were killed when the thing caught them, others were powerful enough to transition from our dimension to another and were safe, the majority of us were caught and as the wave of the expanding LIGHT passed us (for we could not run fast enough to escape it) we were twisted and molded in ways that we could not understand at the time, but later we found that we had endured the wave of CREATION and were bent into its view of what life should be. Now we had form, shape, volume, and (he got a distasteful look on his face) MATTER! Being born of the new SPACE we roamed freely on it, but everywhere we went there was still the painful light and as this new concept TIME went by and eons passed the light became stronger as trillions of stars were born and cast their light out into the dark that were still left to us, so that our places grew fewer and smaller. As each new star was formed it seemed that once a star began formation any of our kind that was within its area of influence were trapped and could not escape from its painful grasp. Something of this nature happened to my direct ancestors a few billion years ago and they were trapped in this hell with a sun shining and no way to find the comfort of the darkness of interstellar or even better intergalactic space. Then came the bastards born of this LIGHT, you refer to them as 'THE GODS'. They came and created a multitude of races, so when we saw how to do this, we did the same, creating the creatures of the night.

The Gods stuck around for a few billion years and squabbled amongst themselves and we even fought against them, but in the end almost all the Gods took their children/creations and fled to different worlds to start anew somewhere else, but we stayed (not because we wanted to, but because we were trapped), only Jehovah (or as he referred to himself 'I am') stayed to hold dominion over the humans that the other Gods left behind. He twisted and molded the history to his liking when he had others write what would become 'The Bible', he caused all the other histories to be destroyed so that only rumors and stories were left, the last of the true histories were destroyed with the Library of Alexandria by Julius Caesar (and it was not an 'accident' as many thought, but an order to that person by the already mighty and secret Church) and even the daughter library in the temple of Serapeum. Slowly over the centuries we infiltrated the church and gained power and control over a small, but growing sect, which would one day become The Church of the Holy Resurrection. Under this guise we would pull worshipers away from Jehovah and turn them to his old second in command Lucifer (The Light Bringer) in hopes that we could get a third war started in heaven, but this one would also reign on Earth as well and with the technological advances that we have wrought in the minds of mankind we are hoping that man will make the ultimate blunder and set off a device they call The Graviton Bomb, which will destroy not only Earth, but will cause Sun to implode as well into a Quantum Singularity (a doorway to a different universe or dimension) where we can escape this hell of LIGHT".

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.