Paul's Redemption - Cover

Paul's Redemption

Copyright© 2007 by novascriptus

Chapter 19

Time Travel Sex Story: Chapter 19 - A bitter old man gets another chance at life. Will he live better this time or will he make the same mistakes? The story follows Paul Sheppard through his last year of high school in the late 1950s and through college. Are our lives fated or can we change?

Caution: This Time Travel Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Heterosexual   Time Travel   Humor   DoOver   Oral Sex   Slow   School  

Not much work was getting done in the Physics Department that morning. Dr. Brennan's Lab was full of people and celebration. Through Paul, Dr. Brennan's Laboratory, the Physics Department, the College of Natural Sciences, and the University had all won the Nobel Prize. Physics classes were cancelled for lack of interest by the instructors. No reporters had been allowed in. There would be a press conference latter that afternoon, but until then, Reitz and the Dean of the College were the only people talking to reporters.

The first time around, Donald Arthur had won the 1960 Nobel Prize in Physics. He invented the bubble chamber. In a bubble chamber, a liquid is heated above its boiling point. This super heated liquid wants to boil but there is an energy barrier it must overcome. Molecules in a liquid have a stronger attraction for each other than molecules in a gas. At the gas/liquid surface, this gives rise to a phenomenon known as surface tension. For a bubble to form and grow larger it must overcome the attractive force of surface tension. The smaller the bubble, the more energy required per molecule to increase the size of the bubble. So it is very hard for a very small bubble to form. It is kind of like blowing up a balloon: it's hard to start, but once started, it becomes easier to make the balloon larger.

If you have some kind of nucleation center (a tea bag or a crack in the cup in the microwave, or a speck of dirt) it is easier for a bubble to form. Ions also make it easier for bubbles to form, and ionizing radiation, such as fast moving subatomic particles leave a trail of ions. If the bubble chamber is placed in a magnetic field, the rapidly moving sub-atomic particles leave tell-tail trails of bubbles that identify what type of particle they are. It was a brilliant idea.

Clapping and whistling broke out when Paul and Jane walked in the laboratory. Paul had mixed feelings. He had won for other's ideas, but the applause was heartfelt this time. "Dr. Brennan, I wish that you had shared in this award."

"Bullshit, it's fine just the way it is."

Is he drunk? He's said more cuss words in 2 hours than I have heard him say in 3 years, Paul thought.

"Have some champagne." Brennan poured a glass for Paul and one for Jane. He then said, "To Paul Sheppard and the University of Florida."

He's drunk.

Reitz asked to speak to Paul privately.

"Sir, can Jane Cooper join us? She's helping me keep track of all the things I will need to do over the next couple of weeks," Paul asked.

"Of course, that would be a big help."

Jane and Paul joined Reitz in Dr. Brennan's office. "Paul, we have a press conference scheduled for 1 o'clock today. Do you know what you will say?"

"If I'm asked for a comment, I'll thank my mother, my dad, Dr. Brennan, and the University. I haven't thought about any particular questions."

"You've had no problems, have you?"

"No sir, I'm proud to be associated with the University. I hope our collaboration can continue for some time." And I hope you understand what I'm saying.

"I do too. My secretary is putting together a list of possible questions and answers that you might want to use. She will get it to you within the hour."

"Thank you sir." But I won't be using them.


Paul used the "ah shucks, it was nothing" act for the press conference. It went over very well but something happened during the day that Jane hadn't expected.

Paul was famous in racing but when she was at races with him, the crew teased him so much that it didn't seem like he was special. Here it was different. Everyone deferred to him and no one teased him. He took the compliments and the deference as if they were his due, but it didn't change how he acted. He was confident but humble, he accepted praise graciously, and while people jumped to fulfill his slightest whim, he was still thoughtful of others. It was a real turn on to her. It was a real turn on to all the women around him. Instead of that bothering her, she made sure to keep one hand on him to stake her claim. Jane got some appraising looks from the other women and some nasty looks. Eat your heart out, she thought. He's mine.

A blow job or two a day was certainly not out of the question if she could get him alone for 10 minutes.


Paul's parents were at the house when he and Jane arrived got back that afternoon. So were Arthur, Caroline, and a handful of reporters. Paul was sticking to "no comment" for the rest of the day. The telephone was ringing as they walked into the house. Mrs. Lawton answered it. She waved hello to Paul.

Paul waved back and hugged his father. "I'm sorry you didn't share in the award Dad, but they weren't going to give it to a non-academic."

"Hell, we don't care about that. We're so proud of you."

"Paul come here," Mrs. Lawton said.

"Just one minute, Mom."

"Paul Andrew Sheppard, come here now!" It had been a long time since he had done something bad enough for her to call him by his whole name.

"Yes ma'am." He got a shrug from his dad as he quickly walked to her. She handed him the phone.

"Hello?"

"Is this Paul Andrew Sheppard?" a woman's voice asked.

"Yes ma'am."

"Please hold for the President."

What does Reitz want now?

"Mr. Sheppard." The voice was distinctive and unforgettable.

"Yes Mr. President." Good Lord I'm talking to JFK.

"You're a hard man to find."

"I'm sorry, Mr. President, it's the press's fault. I don't know how you put up with them."

"From that I take that you won't be running for office soon," Kennedy laughed.

"No sir, only running away from office."

"Paul I want to express my personal congratulations to you. In a moment a woman will come on the line and set a date and time when you can come to Washington so the nation can express its congratulations. In these tense days of the cold war, we can use all the good press we can get, so don't run too hard from the press. Some big names will be calling you asking for interviews, I suggest that you give them a shot at you, after that you can run away."

"Of course, Mr. President, I'll follow your advice."

"Good. Stay on the line."

A formal dinner would be held at the White House in December. All of this year's winners who were American would be invited. My parents will like this dinner, he thought.

"Dad, how long have you been here?"

"Since 10 o'clock. Where have you been?"

"At the Physics Department and at a news conference. Please tell me that stack of paper in front of Mom isn't phone messages." By now Mrs. Lawton was on the phone again.

"It is."

"Crap. I'll be right back." Paul walked outside to the reporters. There were 4 reporters and 3 photographers. "We are now on deep background, OK?" He waited for nods from all.

"I want to take my parents out to dinner. I don't want newsmen with us. If you stay here, I'll give you 15 minutes to ask questions and take photos when we get back, otherwise it's no comment. What do you say?"


Jane and Paul took the Chevy and his parents took their car. Paul wanted time alone with Jane. "Come over and hug me Jane, I'm exhausted."

"Do you know what I found out today Paul?" she asked.

"Jane, I'm really not in the mood for riddles."

"OK, I'll tell you. You are so sexy." She unbuckled his belt.

"Are you sure this is a good idea? My parents are 100 yards ahead of us."

"I don't care." Now his pants were unbuttoned and his zipper down. She rested her head against his shoulder and began to stroke him. While stroking him she slipped a hand under him. She liked to feel how hard his legs and his buns were when he thrust up in time with her hand.

"Tell me before you come," she whispered.

When he did, she lowered her head and took all of his seed into her mouth. She sat up and swallowed. "It's not so bad when you get used to it."

"I'll take your word for it but from this side it's great," he said.

She re-dressed him as they drove along.

In the car ahead Mr. Lawton said, "Norma, I think our son just got a blow job."

"How do you know?"

"Let's just say that they acted just like we do sometimes."

That night Paul slept on his couch, his parents in his bed and Jane in hers. Jane made sure the reporters heard the story.


"Do you still want an answer to your question?" Paul was sitting next to Jane as they flew to New York for an interview with Chet Huntley.

"What question?" She asked.

"You asked me if I was rich and I didn't really answer."

"When?"

"When you saw my car."

"I did not!"

"Did too."

Jane paused. It was hopeless when he was like this. He would goof with her until she screamed at him. At least he's in a better mood, she thought. "Well?"

"Closer to rich than I was before."

"Go to Hell Paul."

"I love you too Jane."

He sighed. "Can't we see Edwards and Swayze on the same trip?"

"No. We have to come back. They're busy."

"And we have to be on the Tonight Show?"

"You know we do."

"Jane have you ever wanted to meet Jack Parr?"

"You know I do."

"Who will be the other guests?"

"I don't know."

"You aren't a very good agent/secretary/manager, did you know that?"

"Yes, I will resign tomorrow."

"Are you sure you don't want to try to sneak into the restroom together?"

"Yes, I'm sure. Please shut the fuck up. OK."

She and Paul were both surprised when her parents let her travel with him. They had made her promise to have her own room. They didn't make her promise to stay alone in her room and they weren't stupid. They had to know what was going to happen, but not that night, they were both too tired.


The three day trip to New York and Los Angles had turned into a two week whirl-wind tour of universities. Paul had accepted invitations to speak at UC Berkeley, Stanford, Cal Tech, University of Chicago, Harvard, and MIT, and interviews with the three major networks. Paul was tired. He needed sleep and he needed privacy. He couldn't get either on the flight from Boston to Jacksonville. He could get scotch and that's what he got. He wasn't old enough but rules can be broken for great men.

Jane too was tired. She needed sleep and she needed a break away from Paul. He had been right, he was cranky but he hadn't warned her that he would drink so much. I almost wish it was last summer. No, don't be stupid.

"Paul?"

"Yeah."

"When this started you told me you were going to, and I'm quoting you, 'get cranky.'"

"I didn't lie did I?"

"Yes, you did. You have gone past cranky and well into drunkard."

"Great. We're almost home and this is the time to start this?"

"Yes it is. I'm going to go home for a few days and get some sleep. You should get some sleep and cut back on the booze. My parents are picking me up. Your parents will be here. I told them that you'd be too drunk to drive."

"Fuck you."

"That's my line," Jane said as the plane touched down.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.