The Freiburg Project - Cover

The Freiburg Project

Copyright© 2007 by Robin Pentecost

Chapter 29

Mystery Sex Story: Chapter 29 - A young, successful architect, who lives in a nudist village in the south of France, pulls her life together after her husband's suicide. She wins a major project and things begin to happen. (Mystery/Thriller, no explicit sex)

Caution: This Mystery Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Romantic  

For some reason, as she packed her things, she had almost put on her Kevlar vest. Then, feeling foolish, she had put it away in her case.

"This is too scary," she said when she told Johannes. "I'm totally spooked."

"Well, I don't think you need to worry in Paris. Just be careful."

She hugged him and went off with Rummy to Strasbourg and the airport. Rummy headed off for London. Helen called Marie from Strasbourg, and let her know she was coming. She flew into Charles de Gaulle and took the RER into the city, trying to concentrate on what she would say to her colleagues. At the Place Dauphine, she sat down with Marie and Céci and told them all that had taken place at Freiburg.

"They're going to come after us," Céci wailed.

"No, Céci, they don't even know about us," Marie explained, but Céci remained upset and fearful.

"First of all, Interpol and the police have got this under control." Helen said it, but wasn't sure herself that it was true. "The reason I came here, instead of going straight home, is to let you know what happened before you hear it elsewhere, and to assure you that you are in no danger. It's clearly me they are after, not you.

"But there's another reason I came. I've decided that I want to move the atelier. I still need to have your support — your jobs are not at risk — but I want you closer to home, my home. I'll probably keep this apartment; I can use it when I come to town. However, I want both of you to come to the south with me. Will you do that?"

"When is this to take place?" Marie asked.

"Not immediately, Marie. I think in a month or two — perhaps. It's still kind of up in the air in my mind. I'm competing for another major project that will probably be in the south, and there are one or two smaller jobs on the horizon that you already know about — those private installations.

"The change really doesn't depend on getting those jobs; I just haven't completely decided to make the change yet, but I wanted you to know what I'm thinking. I think that's only fair."

Marie nodded her understanding.

"Where in the south?" Céci asked. "I don't know the south. They speak strangely there."

"If — when — I do this, the office will be in le Cap d'Agde in Herault. I have found a location quite close to my home, and there are people there who are congenial. I think you would like it there, both of you."

Marie smiled. "Helen, you know that there is only myself and my mother for me to think about, and my mother is very happy where she is. I think there will be no problem for me when you are ready."

"I'm not sure, Helen," Céci said. "I don't want to go so far away."

"Thank you, Marie. You think about it, Céci. As for me, I'm going to go get a flight." Helen gathered her things and headed back to Charles de Gaulle.

When she stepped into the RER at Châtelet, she unthinkingly chose a seat in the back of the car and found herself burrowing into the corner. 'I'm making myself small, ' she thought. 'I'm still frightened by what happened in Freiburg.' The realization gave her further pause for thought — that brought her some solace.

They, whoever they were, were trying to kill her. There was no doubt of that. However, there wasn't much chance they had followed her to Paris. At worst they might have thought she was going back to Montpellier, and the stop in Paris would have thrown them off. She sat up a little straighter.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.