The Freiburg Project - Cover

The Freiburg Project

Copyright© 2007 by Robin Pentecost

Chapter 23

Mystery Sex Story: Chapter 23 - A young, successful architect, who lives in a nudist village in the south of France, pulls her life together after her husband's suicide. She wins a major project and things begin to happen. (Mystery/Thriller, no explicit sex)

Caution: This Mystery Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Romantic  

The next morning, Helen rousted Rummy and Doris out of bed early and dragged them off for breakfast and a fast walk down the beach. Sandy had spent the night, and the two women walked down the sand as Sandy and Rummy, demurely clad in rugby shorts, ran ahead.

Helen interrupted her chat with Doris, "Good, I'm glad they're off and running. It'll give them a chance to find common ground." She looked at the diminutive woman striding through the tidal wash a few feet away. Doris's short dark curls topped a lean, muscular body.

"Where did you get those abs and that fabulous butt?" Helen asked.

"I've been a professional gymnast for years. Used to compete, now I coach. Muscles just seem to come with the job."

"Where do you coach?"

"Mostly I'm a coach for the British national team, but I got an offer recently to work with a privately funded international training center here in France. I'm still thinking about it."

"Where is that?"

"It looks like it will be in Provençe right now, but they're not sure. They're really looking for a site. They'll be building a whole new center, so they want good climate and enough space, but good communications, too."

"When we get back, give me some names. This is something Rummy and I could get into. Have you told him about it?"

Doris looked over at Helen, "I've mentioned it, but I think he's been too concerned about what's going on in Freiburg to go very far with it. This Schellen job has him really worried, partly about you and partly about the business. He's terribly fond of you, and I can see why, now I've gotten to know you. And coming here hasn't helped."

"Doris, is Rummy having a problem?"

"Of course he is, Helen." Doris skipped through the water, her breasts bouncing slightly. "He hasn't figured out how to handle nude people all over the place. For all his rowdy youth, Rummy's a very conventional sort. He's quite at sea, and I must say, aroused as hell. And you can be sure I'm enjoying that." She grinned up at Helen. "And seeing you in the altogether has got his balls in an uproar, too." She chuckled deep in her chest. "Not that I mind, you understand," she continued cryptically. "But don't worry, Helen, he just needs to get acclimated."

"I hope so," Helen said and returned to the earlier topic, quizzing Doris on the training center, the people involved and the kinds of facilities that would be needed.

When they had turned back and the men had caught up, Doris kissed Rummy, took his hand, and they lagged behind. Helen and Sandy walked on back to the apartment, and the other two returned somewhat later. Rummy seemed much more at ease.

The orange cat met them at the door, demanding a full report of where they had been and what they had been doing without his permission. No one really paid attention, but he did get his ears rubbed. When Helen sat at the table, he launched himself into her lap. Helen's face showed a moment of panic, but she realized the beast had somehow gained his place without the slightest use of his claws. Shaking her head, she let him settle down for as long as he chose.

They began working on the contact logs, cataloging the visits of Sebastian Ritter and anyone else who seemed of interest. There was a fairly substantial list of names before too long.

When the phone rang, Helen answered.

"Helen, this is Paul Dumont."

"Hello, Paul," Helen replied, gesturing to the others for quiet. The orange cat abandoned her lap for a place under the lounge. Sandy went to another instrument and quietly listened in. He quickly found his pocket computer and began punching buttons, setting up a connection.

"What can I do for you, Paul?" Helen continued.

"Helen, first of all, I wanted to be sure you and Rummy are all right. When I saw your report about the attack of the Bagger, I mean the excavators, I was horrified. I can't imagine how that happened."

"It appears to have been set up very carefully, Paul. We don't know how — or why — it happened either, but I intend to find out. But thank you for asking."

"I've also called to apologize to you," Dumont went on.

"Apologize? What for?"

"I think we got off to a bad start, and it's my fault, Helen. I don't know if you're aware, but I've only been with Schellen for about six months."

"No, I wasn't," Helen answered, beginning to take notes. "Where were you before?"

"I was with Herzog-Elmiger AG, in Lauzanne for four years, doing pretty much the same thing I'm doing for Schellen: project management. Schellen made me a good offer, and my wife's got family near here."

"Well, what's this about an apology?"

"When I started at Schellen, I was seconded to Constructeurs Sauter for a while. They showed me how they used what they called 'labor consultants' to cut costs."

"Did it also mean cutting corners?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.