The Quatyl - Cover

The Quatyl

Copyright© 2007 by Lazlo Zalezac

Chapter 20

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 20 - The Quatyl are small and cute. With their short stubby legs, very soft fur, and small mouths they are basically defenseless. Did I mention that they are cute? They are very cute. They are also the most feared space faring race in the galaxy because they can telepathically control every species they've ever encountered. Oh, by the way, they just discovered the Earth.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Romantic   Science Fiction  

James was walking down the hallway of his ship when two Omagrons raced over to him and rubbed their heads against his legs. He looked down at the three and a half foot tall lizards realizing that they were giving him the Omagron equivalent of a hug. Surprised, he asked, "What?

"Thank you, thank you," the pair said. They proceeded to spout some more words in a very excited manner.

Considering that 'thank you' was about the extent of his Omagron, James had no idea what they were trying to tell him. The best he could guess was that he had done something they liked. When the pair finally wound down, he answered, "You're welcome."

Apparently satisfied with his answer, the Omagrons ran off. Scratching his head, James said, "I wonder what that was about."

He continued his walk down the hall trying to figure out why the two Omagrons had done that. Nothing came to mind that would explain it. He spotted Kim walking towards him. Raising a hand, he said, "Hello, Kim."

"Hello, Admiral Kamp," Kim said.

James said, "Hello, Kim. I had a weird thing happen to me just a minute ago."

"What?" she asked.

"Two Omagrons ran up to me and rubbed their heads against my legs. They spouted something that I assume was thanks and then ran off," James said.

Kim said, "They must be celebrating. From what I understand there is a population explosion going on among the Omagrons. It seems that two couples laid three dozen eggs each. All of the aliens are talking about it."

"Oh, so I take it that the privacy rooms are working," James said absently.

Kim wondered why he mentioned the privacy rooms. Curious, she asked, "What do the privacy rooms have to do with Omagrons laying a bunch of eggs?"

"Oops," James said. Knowing that couples who shared a room aboard ship had very little space for romantic romps, James had come up with the idea of creating two rooms side by side that were furnished like a hotel room. In each room there was a nice table for a romantic dinner, a large bed, music, and soft lights. There was even enough room for a couple to dance if they desired. Needless to say, the two rooms had become very popular. He didn't mention that the rooms were not shielded against the Human Mating Effect.

Kim's eyes went wide as she realized what James had done. He had set up the rooms so that the aliens could use the Human Mating Effect to promote breeding. She laughed at the idea of couples enjoying a private tryst while serving as an aphrodisiac to aliens in the room next door. She asked, "You didn't?"

"Maybe," James said with a sly grin and a waggle of his eyebrows.

"Is that why the only information about the individuals signing up to use the room is their species?" Kim asked. She had wondered why there was such a demand for the room by the aliens.

"It might be," James said.

She thought about it for a second and then frowned. She said, "Hey, wait a minute! Ken and I used it last night!"

"Sorry," James said shrugging his shoulders.

Kim was silent for a moment while she recalled Ann telling her all about the Privacy Rooms. She asked, "Does Ann know you did this?"

"No and I'd like to keep it that way."

"She's going to kill you," Kim said shaking her head.

"You know, those are the same words that Ken said to me when we talked about this," James said.

"Ken knew?" Kim asked putting her hands on her hips. Her eyes narrowed as she glared at James.

James smiled at her and said, "Oops."


The briefing room was filled with the Brain Trust. They were watching a real-time feed from the star ship that was parked twenty light years away from earth. A Chitiniodian hunter fleet had just arrived. James said, "They'll perform a scan."

They could see the data scrolling past that indicated that the scan was taking place. James said, "Now they'll fire three missiles at the star ship."

Three missiles flew from the Chitiniodian lead ship towards the star ship. James said, "Now we'll see what they do next."

Fifteen missiles flew from the lead ship to the star ship. The star ship dealt with the missiles without a problem. James said, "That's interesting. I bet they all fire at it next."

A few seconds later, all seven ships fired fifteen missiles each at the star ship. The star ship managed to deal with all of the missiles again. Dryly, Ken said, "Their tactics are pretty straight forward. Just keep firing until you kill the other guy or he kills you."

"Yeah," James said as another volley was launched at the star ship. James was about to order Captain Madison to return fire when the Chitiniodian hunter fleet was destroyed.

At the far end of the table, Captain Anders was sweating. He said, "I was a little worried that they wouldn't be able to handle so many missiles."

"We know. You've said that several times," James said looking at the man. It seemed that the overly optimistic Captain Anders had turned into a pessimist as a result of his time on the star ship.

Captain Madison's clicks were heard over the communications channel. Starman translated it, "We had no problems here, Admiral Kamp."

James said, "Good job, Captain Madison."

"It is our way of claiming more territory. It felt like the old days," Captain Madison replied. He would have stayed there all day taking missile fire, but he had been under orders to return fire in the event that all of the ships had fired upon him. He added, "The whole crew is very happy."

"I'm glad you enjoyed it," James said shaking his head. The whole idea of letting someone fire at you until they got tired of it was just a bit beyond him. At least they had the perfect crew for this mission.

"We'll send shuttles out to collect debris," Captain Madison said, "Maybe we'll find something useful."

"Excellent," James said as the feed cut out.

Turning to Captain Anders, James asked, "How many missiles can the defense platform stop?"

"We've got fifty lasers. It takes a laser approximately two tenths of a second to acquire and destroy a missile. It takes a missile less than two seconds to burrow through the shield. So each laser can handle about ten missiles. That would put the upper limit at around five hundred missiles," Captain Anders answered. He had decreased the actual amount of time required to burrow through the shields and increased the amount of time required to acquire and destroy a missile a little. It was a very conservative estimate.

"Are there any problems with that estimate?" James asked.

"Well, that assumes that the missiles are evenly distributed around the star ship. You can cut the figure in half or a third when it is attacked from one side," Captain Anders answered. He was afraid that he would be sent to the star ship to observe operations again.

James said, "We need to work out a strategy for dealing with the next fleet."

Captain Alberts said, "In the first round, we destroy four of them. They'll see that we can handle three missiles. We take out the rest in the second round. We send three missiles at each ship. That will suggest that our maximum rate of fire is twelve missiles. We don't let them know that we can handle all seven at once or that our ability to tunnel through their shields is better than theirs."

Cousin Itt said, "We fire the missiles from the behind the star ship."

Nodding his head, James said, "We want to fire on them before they can fire their second round of missiles. If they are transmitting the engagement, they will not know if their second round of missiles were successful in breaching our defenses."

Cousin Itt said, "That is logical."

Captain Alberts smiled and said, "Considering their mind set, they'll assume that the second round of missiles were successful."

"They won't even know about the umbrellas," James said with a smile. That would be a nice little surprise when the bigger fleet showed up.

Smiling at the end of the table, Ken said, "We haven't even brought the fighters into play yet."

Turning to Captain Anders, James asked, "Have you given much effort to creating a fighter for the Dactites?"

Captain Anders nodded his head and answered, "We believe that we can make a real small fighter that is fast and very maneuverable for them. They won't be much more complicated than a two rockets joined together with a missile underneath them. They'll ride the rockets and fire the missile. Once they've fired their missile, they'll get out of the area to reload. We'll be able to create them by the thousands."

Captain Fixit, the Dactite member of the Brain Trust, said, "It will be like how we used to fight. Early in our history, we would run up in a swarm on our enemy and each of us would throw a rock. Then we'd run away."

"We already have a battle cruiser, but we haven't built one since encountering the Quatyl," the Margot member of the Brain Trust said.

"Start building," James said amazed that they hadn't stared doing that. He looked around the table and said, "All of you should start rebuilding your war fleets."

Cousin Itt said, "We don't really have a war fleet. We use mines to keep the enemy away."

"Start building mines," James said wondering why he hadn't even considered that strategy. The image that he was beginning to get of this war was of the Chitiniodians being rabid lemmings rushing madly to the cliff in their insane desire to kill. His forces would have to be the cliff.

Captain Beac had the unpleasant duty of being the Quatyl representative in the Brain Trust. All of this talk of fighting made him nauseous. All he wanted to do was to run away and hide. He said, "We've never fought."

"I know," James said. He was silent for a moment and then said, "Keep exploring for more species. Maybe you'll find one that can help us."

"We can do that," Captain Beac said.

While the average Engel was fairly stupid, the Engel seated on the Brain Trust was one of the rare geniuses of that species. It fell upon his slightly sloped shoulders to direct the energies of several billion of his fellow Engels. Seeing an opportunity for his race to contribute to the war, he said, "We can build your ships. I will get every Engel focused on that project."

"That's a good idea, Whip" James said not quite sure what that meant.

Captain Alberts asked, "Are we agreed on a strategy?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.