Lightning!
Chapter 12

Copyright© 2007 by J.C. Miller

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 12 - Sheila arrives at the beach house a day early. Her host isn't pleased. They play tennis and dance and then both of them are more comfortable. She wonders if her stepmother set this all up. Then, she faces a choice that will cause a major change in her life.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Safe Sex   Oral Sex  

Madeline slept almost through the nights. Sheila had moved back into Greg's bedroom and listened on the monitor to see if Madeline had a problem. Lying next to him in the night, she said, "Gregory, darling, I love you and I hope you're glad to have me back considering all this difficulty with Madeline."

He faced her and held her close, feeling her breasts against his chest. "I love you, Sheila. I'll gladly put up with Madeline to have you here." He sniffled. "I, uhh, didn't expect to have--to love anyone—I mean the beach wiped me out."

"When I talked to Marcia, she encouraged me to live with you. Said she would have if things had been different."

"Are you happy here?"

Sheila breathed deeply and said, "Yes, I'm happy here. I'm thrilled every day." She pressed her naked body next to him. "I need to feel it all."

As Madeline regained strength, she became more demanding. She worked Sheila through all of her charity boards and let Sheila select the ones she thought would fit her skills. One day, Madeline looked at her computer calendar and said, "Tomorrow, we go to the board that oversees the homeless center." She paused several seconds, "Uh, some of the members aren't very—umm—aware of realities. They, uh, want to convert the homeless to the church and the center charter says it is not a religious organization. How do you feel about converting the homeless to religion?"

"If they seek it, that's their business. If it is urged on them, say, in exchange for a bed and a meal, I would object strongly."

"I want you to attend the board meetings and then visit the shelter as my representative while I'm recovering. I want to coach you on your functions until you get the swing of it. It won't take you long."

"Will they let someone who hasn't been elected attend the meetings?"

"I'll have to make a couple of phone calls, but I don't see a problem. I have several supporters on the board. Press your best business suit. You'll need to get more clothes and Angelina can help you with the local culture and the fit of your clothes." She paused. "The meeting is at eleven and then we'll go to lunch. You'll need to take me early to get my hair done. I cannot go to that meeting looking I've just recovered from the dead. Then, to my house to get dressed and we'll be off."

Sheila had only seen Madeline in hospital gowns and workout clothes. When the older woman came from her dressing room, Sheila was stunned. Madeline looked glamorously professional and walked briskly in her navy pumps. Sheila said, "You do look a lot better than in that hospital garb."

"I hate to be so vain, but I do like to dress. I don't get many propositions any more, but I feel better if I look good." Sheila filed that statement away. I'll bet I can find a gigolo. Hmm. "You do look classy, let me tell you. I need to study you."

"Thank you. I'm not feeling like taking on the world yet, but I'm getting there."

"Let me assure you that you do not look like death recovered. Better not take any offers before your healed, though."

Madeline laughed. "I'll try to remember. I always try for style, not fashion. You're young enough to mix them and I think you will do that well."

During the meeting, Madeline indicated to the group that Sheila would be taking her place until she recovered. Although Sheila would not actually vote, she would have Madeline's approval to discuss difficult issues. Madeline finished, "If there's a problem, I'm sure I can be reached on my cell phone." She looked everyone in the eye, "I don't expect any problems."

Charity boards usually discuss only three things: raising money, staging events, and crises. Today's meeting was mostly devoted to fundraising. Sheila took pages of notes and asked several questions for clarification of some issues. She did not apologize for her lack of knowledge. When the meeting was over, Madeline invited four other women to lunch at her downtown club. At the table for six, Madeline described her relationship with Sheila and how Sheila had single handedly brought off the youth orchestra contest. One of the ladies indicated that she had heard how well the event had succeeded. After their sherry had a chance to lighten the conversation, the ladies treated Sheila like one of their own.

Finally, one of them asked, "Aren't you young to be working on these boards? Are you working toward the Junior League?"

Madeline replied instantly, "We haven't talked about that and I'm not sure that Sheila wants to go in that direction. She lives with Greg Cairns and I doubt he'd be very supportive."

The women exchanged glances, looking slightly confused. Finally, one asked, "Did I read about you in the paper after the Snowflake Ball?"

Sheila replied, "I haven't seen the clipping, but one of Gregory's friends mentioned it. I'll have to look for it."

One of the other women said, "You asked excellent questions. I need to get you together with the executive director so that you can get a better picture. She looked at her calendar. "How about tomorrow or the day after?"

Sheila replied, "My calendar is open. It is your choice." She scribbled her cell phone number and email on a piece of paper and handed it to the woman.

"I'll be in touch. I much prefer email."

As they parted, one of the women said, "I'm glad to have you. We have no young people and I'm sure we can benefit from your perspective."

Sheila shook her hand and said, "Thank you very much. I look forward to making a contribution if I can."

As Sheila drove Madeline home, she asked, "How did it go?"

"Much better than I had any hopes of. You have a calming presence for a young person and I think they like you. I felt it when you came to my hospital room. Many young folks would have felt uncomfortable in that meeting and at lunch. You acted like it was routine."

"I have a good coach. Tell me about the executive director."

"No. You would hear my bias. You go, and then we'll talk." Madeline reached over and patted her shoulder. "I hope you know that you have brightened my life. I felt awful in that damn hospital. I haven't felt better and more positive in years. You might just be able to get some new blood on that board. They're still planning the past."

"You amaze me, Madeline. Every day."

"I suppose that I have to move out of Greg's house and back to my place. I've been there longer than three days and the fish are beginning to smell bad."

"I'd rather you didn't right yet. We're getting a lot of work done and I don't want to have to commute. I'll talk to Gregory and see if he is uncomfortable. If he is, I'll find a way to ease his pain."

"Don't you miss going out on the town with your girlfriends and chasing men?"

"Yes and no. My best friend and I went to a meat market in St. Augustine when I visited her and I found a guy I could have hooked up with. He was smart and clever. A week earlier, I would have dated him, but every time I thought of his body next to me, I remembered Gregory. Dammit, I didn't go to the beach expecting to end up here. My stepmother set me up."

"Times change. We only had wicked stepmothers."

Sheila laughed. "Well, before she married my dad, and maybe even a time or two since then, she had a thing for Gregory." She laughed and told Madeline the whole story. It isn't as if the traffic was moving that fast; almost stopped on the freeway. She turned to Madeline and said, "I'll bet you've had a fling or two. Tell me sometime."

Madeline laughed heartily. "Well, I'm older and have had more opportunities. Yes, I had some good ones." She looked at Sheila. "I haven't had this much fun in years."

During the next week, Greg became more comfortable with Madeline living with them. She cooked some excellent meals and had her maid come over a couple of times a week to tidy up. Their dinners often lasted for three hours as they discussed and planned the future of their organizations.

Sheila had spent the morning with the executive director of the homeless organization and had him agree to assemble some statistical data about donors, other sources of income, and methods of solicitation. She spent time with the accountant to be sure that she could get the data she wanted organized according to her specifications. After a few minutes with him, the accountant became cooperative as he described the data sources Sheila wanted. Accustomed to older women on the board, most of whom had let themselves get into disrepair, his heart fluttered as she sat across from him. Beautiful and smart as hell. What's she doing here?

He sent her an email the next afternoon telling her that the CDs he made were ready for her. She could pick them up any time. She told Greg and said she'd be going down to pick up the CDs.

He said, "Nonsense. Here's my account number. Have him send them Federal Express. They'll be here in the morning and you don't have to fight the traffic."

She quickly dashed off the email to the accountant and then ran back to Greg. "Thank you for saving me that ordeal. I have to learn how to think better about these things."

"All you have is time, Sheila. Try not to waste your time when others can do it as well. Madeline says that you impressed the board. What's on those CDs?"

"All the fundraising data for the past several years."

"Your plan?"

"Have to look at the numbers first before I can say anything. However, I detected that they may be missing some opportunities during the board meeting. I have a lot of work to do."

"I'm happy to hear you say that. You know what you're doing. I can help some. You sound committed."

"I think I can get my arms around it. If not, I have several sources of help, the Internet, and the library. One of my professors was into non-profits, so we'll see how much I don't know."

Madeline arranged for Angelina to take Sheila shopping. They had some select stores that would provide the wardrobe she needed. Each time Sheila started to pay, Angelina would use her own American Express card. "I'm following orders, Sheila. She's very strict with her instructions. Don't think about the prices." She laughed lightly. "I take a little markup when I unpack them and make sure they're right."

As they were driving home with all their packages, Angelina said, "I'll take these with me and be sure that they all will fit you. I'll do all the alterations if necessary. We'll have them done in a couple of days. These are all business. Next week, we'll do casual and sportswear. Maybe shoes, too."

After she dropped off Angelina at her shop, Sheila started the trip home. "What will I make for dinner?" You're getting a little domesticated, aren't you?

She stopped at the gourmet carryout and bought some delightful meals. A chicken breast medley, curried chicken, and a beef dish. When she arrived home, she went immediately to wash the vegetables and the salad makings. She had on her apron and her calfskin pumps, looking like she was being photographed for some magazine.

Greg came up behind her and held her as he kissed her neck. He whispered, "Maybe we should get someone to do those things for us. When you feel like doing it for recreation, do it, but maybe we can find a cook."

Just then, Madeline came in not looking her best. Sheila dropped her scrub brush and went over to her. "What's wrong, girl?"

"I started in here to help, and didn't feel so good. Maybe I didn't get enough sleep."

"Did you do your treadmill today? All three times?"

Madeline looked like a scolded puppy. "No. I was so tied up on the phone, I put it off."

Sheila moved her immediately to the treadmill and said, "Punch in the numbers. Slower, this time."

Soon, the endless belt began moving and Madeline started moving her feet. Before she left, Sheila noticed that Madeline had increased the speed and incline and went back to fixing the dinner. Ten minutes later, Madeline returned and said, "That helped. I shouldn't sit all day and worry about those damn charities."

During the meal, Madeline had some of the hot curried chicken and pronounced it quite good. They talked about the household arrangements and Greg said, "We're going to get a cook. Sheila can't be coming home to fix dinner and do her regular work. I don't want to fix dinner, either. Madeline?"

Madeline considered the question for several seconds before she said, "I hate myself for saying this, but I don't think I can cook for us. Sometimes, yes, but not every day. I have had cooks in the old days when we ate everything our mothers taught us to eat. Now, we'd have to find someone who would follow our directions. They have to shop, too, and know what to buy. I can help with that."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.