Vigilante--the Beginning(1) - Cover

Vigilante--the Beginning(1)

Copyright© 2007 by aubie56

Chapter 14

Here we go again! Word of drugs were circulating around the highschool. The word was that if you wanted drugs, you should contact a particular senior. Brenda and I heard of this at the same time; we were eating lunch with some friends when one of the girls told the story. In mind-speak, I said to Brenda, "We need to talk about this after school. I've run into this situation before. We need to get your parents involved."

After school, Brenda and I discussed what we would do about the drug situation. I asked if anyone in her family had a contact in the police department. I suggested that we find her mother and contact her dad to meet us at the house in the EU. Brenda went to fetch her mother and I POVed to make sure her dad was alone. He was, so I jumped to his office.

I said, "We need to have an emergency meeting over a situation at the highschool. Please come to the EU house now and you can jump back to this time after the meeting."

"OK, I'll be right with you."

We jumped to the EU house and I opened the meeting. "Brenda and I found out today that there are drugs being sold at the highschool. As I have mentioned to all of you, I experienced this same situation last year in my universe. I would like to put a stop to the traffic immediately, and I need your help. Brenda and I can track down the kingpins of the trade in perfect safety, but we need adult help when it comes to contacting the police. Do either of you have a police contact that we can use?"

Both adults shook their heads, "No."

"OK, but we will need to develop such a contact in the near future. In the meantime, Brenda and I will work on finding the bosses and also figure out how to involve the police without letting our identity be known.

"My plan is to use our mind reading ability to trace back up the distribution chain until we find the people who are masterminding the operation. They won't even know that they are being observed, so we will be safe. You don't have to worry about Brenda or me being spotted. As I said, I have done this before, and no one ever knew that I was involved."

We talked for a few more minutes and then the adults returned to their previous activities. Brenda and I stayed behind to begin laying out our plans. We needed to read the mind of the highschool pusher and go from there. I wanted to take this opportunity to make sure that Brenda could do the necessary mind reading and that she was comfortable with it. Brenda practiced on me until she thought that she could do what was needed.

The next morning when we got to school, I used POV to find the pusher. It was easy—he was in the process of selling some marijuana at that moment. Brenda kept a lookout while I delved into his mind to find the identity of his supplier. The name was at the top of the pusher's mind; his sales quota had just been raised and the pusher was cursing his supplier for putting the additional pressure on him. I was searching for additional information when Brenda nudged me to remind me that classes were about to start.

I winked at her and we started walking to our first class of the day. On the way to class, I used mind-speak to tell her what I had found out. Our first class was on solid geometry and today's lesson was a general review prior to a mid-term test. We both were sure that we knew the subject forwards and backwards, so we didn't pay more than token attention to the class discussion. Instead, we discussed, using mind-speak, the next step in our investigation of the drug ring. We agreed that there was nothing more we could do until we had time to track down the next rung in the distribution ladder. We would start our search right after school.

After school, we checked in with Brenda's mother and jumped to the EU house to do some serious POV searching. I wanted to try an new technique for POV searching. I got a map of the town and drew a grid on it. Brenda and I split up the grid between us and begin searching, grid-block by grid-block, for our man. Brenda found him in less than half an hour of searching; I bumped my POV to her location and we both began probing for information.

This man had such a devious mind that we couldn't work our way through the morass of thoughts. Our only recourse was to follow his path and see where that led. He appeared to be contacting several of his pushers, so we hoped that he would eventually contact his boss.

We were about ready to give up for the day when he finally met a man we identified as his boss. He gave his boss a wad of cash and received a sack containing marijuana and heroin. Out of a sense of devilment, I swapped the drugs for an equal weight of shredded paper and flour. I hoped that the pusher would have a heart attack when he saw what he had been given. I TPed the drugs into a convenient volcano. Brenda had a good laugh when I told her what I had done.

We followed this low-level boss to his office behind a tobacco shop and watched him bring his ledgers up to date. We noted where he hid them when he finished; we thought that they could be used as evidence. At 5:00 PM, he closed and locked his office, got in his car, and drove to a house in the ritziest part of town. He went to the service entrance and rang the door bell. He was admitted and ushered to an office at the back of the mansion. There, he met a man who was dressed in the most expensive suit I had ever seen. The man was sitting behind a massive desk and standing to either side were two men who had to be bodyguards. If by nothing else, we could tell they were bodyguards by the glaring examination they gave anyone who entered the room.

Our little-boss talked very respectfully to the bigger-boss about inconsequential things for a few minutes and then got down to business. He said that he had passed along the increased quotas to the pushers and he expected that most would need a few weeks to meet the new requirements. The bigger-boss agreed to allow the pushers three weeks to reach the new sales level before levying any penalties.

I felt that this was still not the top dog in the chain of command, but I didn't know of any way to find out except with a stake-out. That was sure to be incredibly boring, but I didn't know of a better method. Brenda and I agreed to keep a 24-hour watch on this boss by time jumping. We watched for two more hours and then decided to take a break.

We had been holding hands during our whole surveillance and felt that we deserved a kiss for our sacrifices in the name of justice. The kisses became more and more heated and our caresses became more and more bold, until we suddenly realized that we were getting carried away. By mutual agreement, we backed off and returned to just holding hands. Neither one of us was ready for a full scale groping session.

We resumed our surveillance by jumping back in time to the moment after we had previously left off. Several other underlings showed up to report, but nothing was said which would help our present investigation. The boss decided that it was time for bed and I wondered if I could get some more information from his sleeping mind. Brenda was tired and wanted to return home, so I sent her off. I planned to get a few hours sleep, myself, and then return to searching this guy's sleeping mind.

I went into the bedroom, took off my clothes, and went to sleep. I got a very restful 9 hours of sleep and felt great. I took a quick shower to bring me to full alertness, got dressed, and fixed myself some breakfast. I felt that I was at peak form and ready to return to the investigation.

I went back into the living room and began my search of the boss' sleeping mind. Man, there was a lot of sadistic crap floating around in this jerk's mind! Once I had dug my way through to the useful stuff, I went to work with a vengeance. I found out that the top dogs were located in Atlanta, and they were part of a nationwide organization bringing in drugs from France. It looked to me like we needed to back off and bring in the FBI. I got the names and addresses of the men in Atlanta and decided that was enough for now. I needed to talk to some other people before I could plan my next action.

After school the next day, I jumped Brenda and me to my dad's office and asked him for a few minutes for a serious discussion. He said OK, so I gave him a detailed report on what I had found out about the drug operation in the FU. I asked, "Do you think I should put together what I have and just dump it on the FBI's doorstep, or should I continue with my investigation? I don't know of a limit to my POV powers, so I think that I could continue until I had the name of every major drug boss in the US. Should I do that and then give what I have to the FBI? I am reluctant to try to punish them myself, though I could. What should I do?"

"Look at things from this point of view. Do you still want to become a full-time crime investigator? If you do, this is a good way to make contact with the FBI, which you will have to do, eventually. You could don your David Smith physical shape, age yourself to about 30 years old, and show up at their office with a lot of evidence. Once they see what you have, you could offer to obtain more evidence for them on a consultant basis. Since "David Smith" has no other existence in the FU, you certainly would not be endangering yourself or Brenda's family. Talk it over with them and see if they agree.

"It's going to be hard to get the FBI to take you seriously, since they will not be able to get any background information on you as David Smith, so you will have to be patient.

"That's the way I think you should go, but, as I say, there are some problems."

"Thanks, Dad. I'll give your way a try and see what happens."

Brenda and I jumped back to the FU and went to see her father. I had pretty much the same conversation with him as with my dad, and his advice was the same. I thanked him for his time and advice and Brenda and I jumped to the EU house.

I could see that I needed a private office that no one, FBI or crooks, could ever touch, so I added one as a wing to the house. I made it large enough for Brenda to use, also. We made a quick jump to the MU in 2005 and picked up all the computers and accessories that we would need for a 2-station LAN, with printers, copiers, etc. I was surprised when I paid cash for everything to see that the money had changed. Luckily, they would still accept the "old style" bills that I had with me. I had the store hold the stuff for me for pickup later that day. I planned to rent a van and make the pickup in that.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.